Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP Single Info and Discussion Topic

ChicaSkas

Featured Posts

boysboysboys

I'm so afraid :( The promo is brilliant but getting little traction in music and print media. I think the problem is that she has lost her moment with what's playing now.

I'm not saying she should be overloading it like Rihanna, but the last single should have left with some great impact and not involved a huge chunk of the soul of Born This Way... I also wish for more respect from the industry :(

DiegoMonster

I just love the music, it's the most I care about, but charts and sales are important, we all know it.

Lady Gaga is not your local-village artist, is a worldwide artist and a pop artist, and these kinds of artists need sales and success in charts, they are commercial artists and even if Gaga's label record didn't care about sales it would be almost imposible to do what she's been doing this 5 years, you know, performaces, tours, videos... She needs money and success.

(I'm not angry, if it seemed that way  :hug: )

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure that if she releases promotinal singles it will be their team's desition and it will be for good, besides, 2 years of waiting for ARTPOP and not even wanting promotional singles of my favorite artist just bcuz I'm afraid of it probably flopping, that's just not me xD I want music, as soon as possible :)

boysboysboys

This please, no promo singles! Not even as gift for waiting, no, no and no. I don't want any song except from the lead single ,and maybe if there's a second one, being released before the album drops. Remember the Born This Way mess?

Born This Way - lead single

Judas - second single

Hair - promo single

The Edge Of Glory - promo and third single

Yoü And I - Monster Ball

Scheisse and Government Hooker - remixes 

Marry The Night, Americano and Electric Chapel - FarmVille 

10 out of 17, and three of that 17 are bonus. Please no music except for the lead and the second, cause if not the album will be boring and everything will be a mess.

I don't think releasing too many promo singles is a bad strategy, considering she is practically unheard currently. Granted your concerns for overexposure of the album are valid, but there's a way to do this properly.

From my perspective, I never would have discovered Born This Way if I didn't hear the lead single along with the Mugler songs.

Instead of promo singles maybe she can bring back gaga vision to hold us over till the album 

lodylody

It only takes one song for her to be in everyone's mind. She needs to be slow and steady with single releases.

boysboysboys

Instead of promo singles maybe she can bring back gaga vision to hold us over till the album 

YES.  :worship:

Not only is Youtube solid media that she should be updating, it goes around other forms of media and can help with the music problem.

GagaSkeletonWay

I don't think releasing too many promo singles is a bad strategy, considering she is practically unheard currently. Granted your concerns for overexposure of the album are valid, but there's a way to do this properly.

From my perspective, I never would have discovered Born This Way if I didn't hear the lead single along with the Mugler songs.

But 10 tracks out of 14?  :eww:  The album becomes predictable and boring imo.

boysboysboys

But 10 tracks out of 14?  :eww:  The album becomes predictable and boring imo.

Yea, that's probs too much, lol.

Monster Voices

I'd also like it if we didn't get too many songs before the actual release like with BTW. Maybe 2 singles ot 1 single and one promotional but overall no more than 2-3 songs!

Forever and Always!

ChicaSkas

someone is right, it IS 36 days, not 35, fixed.

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

Doogi

Shouldn't the first letter of each word in the title of this thread be capitalized?

"New Era Begins: ARTPOP Info and Discussion Topic"

Edited by Doogi
I'm Chloe. Except the C and the L are silent.

The way the app might work is you buy it for the cost of the album, and when you open it, the tracks are a free IAP (in app Purchase) that then allows you to play the songs in the app. It would likely transfer them to iTunes and require the user to figure out the sync.

That's what I can think of off the top of my head. But following her work with Apple they might have created another way for it to be done .. I'm speaking as an IOS Developer too.

Doogi

The way the app might work is you buy it for the cost of the album, and when you open it, the tracks are a free IAP (in app Purchase) that then allows you to play the songs in the app. It would likely transfer them to iTunes and require the user to figure out the sync.

That's what I can think of off the top of my head. But following her work with Apple they might have created another way for it to be done .. I'm speaking as an IOS Developer too.

Maybe they'll showcase the ARTPOP app when they release iOS 7 to the public?

I'm Chloe. Except the C and the L are silent.

Dawson

AFAIK you can't preorder apps so that confused me a bit. I'd assume the app would be free then IAP would cost, then it would likely shoot to the top of the Top: Free section of the appstore, meaning more promo for the album? 

We'll see

Edited by Dawson

• Shadow locked this topic