Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP tour in .. China?

Luc

Featured Posts

Finally some good answers (though the person who made the third post also brought up something good). But @Cherry, wasn't Gaga willing to make the show in Jakarta an acoustic show with just her? I'm sure that Gaga wouldn't mind doing it a bit less - she wore pants during the South Korean BTWB. And I also heard some time ago that Born This Way was illegal in China?

She had to wear pants in South Korea??

That sounds odd, since some of their own popular idols wear plenty of short stuff sometimes anyway lol

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MonsterOfSpain

Half of BTW's album is banned, including the most of the singles (and that's probably what she'll sing at the ARTPOP Tour) so it would pointless to go to Shangai or Beijing if you have to skip 4 songs and the ones that they ban from ARTPOP

That's so stupid, how can an album that speaks about self-acceptance and being yourself can be banned somewhere. Sometimes I don't undestand this ****ing world.

That's so stupid, how can an album that speaks about self-acceptance and being yourself can be banned somewhere. Sometimes I don't undestand this ****ing world.

You have to understand China is not a democracy and that changes things a lot. it's sad and unfair to ban songs about self-acceptance.

MonsterOfSpain

You have to understand China is not a democracy and that changes things a lot. it's sad and unfair to ban songs about self-acceptance.

I know but I can't understand those countries tbh

RunTheNight

They need to get Chinese government's approval tho :flop:

I'm glad that I live in Taiwan and don't have to stand that censorship :whitney:

They need to get Chinese government's approval tho :flop:

I'm glad that I live in Taiwan and don't have to stand that censorship :whitney:

I don't think the Chinese government will approve Gaga

Guille

I think shecou,d easily perform in Shanghai and perhaps in Beijing too. But that is all

Thanks for the answers all. It does look like it'd be possible, but Gaga would have to do a lot and you know Gaga, she'd be talking about how Xin Jiang and Xizang would need to become independant again and that the Chinese government is **** and that they need to go against the communism and stand up for their rights so it's probably a no.

beyond censorship, could most people afford tickets and sell out a stadium or arena? I really doubt most of the people who want to see her would be able to.

especially if it was an age restricted show, I could see them doing that too

StrawberryBlond

I cannot see Gaga will be a show around Mainland any time soon.

The closest she can go within China region is Taiwan and Hong Kong.

She have her agenda that Mainland government does not appreciate.

You forgot Bjork for her Volta World Tour in 2008.

She is the person who responsible for China government to

tightened rules for Western artists to have a tour in that country.

Especially to bands or singers who are known to have propaganda.

because Bjork was screaming "Tibet! Tibet!" three time during Declare Independence.

Gaga has kept quiet about these issues when in certain countries, though, as she doesn't know what the crowd's beliefs are as they may differ drastically from western views and speaking against them could get ugly. Gaga herself has always stated that her shows are about love, acceptance and unity, so talking about issues that divide a nation and might not be shared with the audience aren't going to bode well for her and she knows that. The most she ever said was in Korea when she said that the government had made her show age restricted. But she never said anything negative - just stated a fact. Weirdly, the video of her saying this and the sound of that girl shouting "F**k the government!" was banned in China, even though it was about the Korean government (though, I think YouTube's banned over there anyway). Sure, China may not want artists with an agenda to perform, but they've always shared an equally strict stance with raunchy artists performing as the country has extremely conservative views about s-x with heavy restrictions on the distribution of s-xual content. If they can allow the likes to Christina, Beyonce, J-Lo, Kylie and Akon to perform, why can't someone as s-xual as Gaga?

RAMROD

Gaga has kept quiet about these issues when in certain countries, though, as she doesn't know what the crowd's beliefs are as they may differ drastically from western views and speaking against them could get ugly. Gaga herself has always stated that her shows are about love, acceptance and unity, so talking about issues that divide a nation and might not be shared with the audience aren't going to bode well for her and she knows that. The most she ever said was in Korea when she said that the government had made her show age restricted. But she never said anything negative - just stated a fact. Weirdly, the video of her saying this and the sound of that girl shouting "F**k the government!" was banned in China, even though it was about the Korean government (though, I think YouTube's banned over there anyway). Sure, China may not want artists with an agenda to perform, but they've always shared an equally strict stance with raunchy artists performing as the country has extremely conservative views about s-x with heavy restrictions on the distribution of s-xual content. If they can allow the likes to Christina, Beyonce, J-Lo, Kylie and Akon to perform, why can't someone as s-xual as Gaga?

imho it is not about being s-xual.

Her stance is clear, Gaga wishes the free speech to be practiced in every of her shows.

This is what seen as dangerous by the Mainland government.

They are a communist country though these days been better but still are Communist country and its citizen are not allowed giving out too much opinion.

The same reason they blocked many websites and social media from the West and creates their own instead.

These are done to monitor their citizens easily if any of them "going out of the line"

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ with birds I share this lonely view (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

beyond censorship, could most people afford tickets and sell out a stadium or arena? I really doubt most of the people who want to see her would be able to.

especially if it was an age restricted show, I could see them doing that too

Of course it's affordable - the middle class in the big eastern chinese cities (not just Shanghai, HK and Beijing!) gain about as much money as the European middle class. The GDP in the East-Chinese provinces is as high as in countries like Latvia, Mexico and Chile. And that while there are a lot of people (probably a majority) who get about 100~200 euros a month working 60 hours per week in factories (lower class). In a city like Beijing there must be about 30% of the people who could easily afford a Gaga concert (50-90 euro?) and that 30% is already like 10 million people in a city like Beijing, or 30 million people in the province of Guangdong (Guangzhou, Hong Kong and Shenzhen are very close to eachother. Just like Saitama, Tokyo, etc.).

RAMROD

Of course it's affordable - the middle class in the big eastern chinese cities (not just Shanghai, HK and Beijing!) gain about as much money as the European middle class. The GDP in the East-Chinese provinces is as high as in countries like Latvia, Mexico and Chile. And that while there are a lot of people (probably a majority) who get about 100~200 euros a month working 60 hours per week in factories (lower class). In a city like Beijing there must be about 30% of the people who could easily afford a Gaga concert (50-90 euro?) and that 30% is already like 10 million people in a city like Beijing, or 30 million people in the province of Guangdong (Guangzhou, Hong Kong and Shenzhen are very close to eachother. Just like Saitama, Tokyo, etc.).

I can say you are over estimated the whole thing.

Watch: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTExNjk3MTE2.html

If anything most people who will attend a show in China are the super wealthy and expats.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ with birds I share this lonely view (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

I can say you are over estimated the whole thing.

Watch: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTExNjk3MTE2.html

If anything most people who will attend a show in China are the super wealthy and expats.

I might have over estimated it, but there are so many people in China. If Gaga could perform for 50.000 people in Hong Kong with an average ticket price of over 180 dollars (~150 euro, about 2x the average ticket price in Europe and NA!), I'm quite sure she'd be able to play to about 30.000 people in a city like Shanghai, Tianjin or Beijing with an average ticket price just as high as that in Europe and NA. And it's not just going there for money - it's an investment. Growing a fanbase in a place where later on people will be just as rich as the people that live in Tokyo right now would be a very smart move. 

MonsterOfSpain

I might have over estimated it, but there are so many people in China. If Gaga could perform for 50.000 people in Hong Kong with an average ticket price of over 180 dollars (~150 euro, about 2x the average ticket price in Europe and NA!), I'm quite sure she'd be able to play to about 30.000 people in a city like Shanghai, Tianjin or Beijing with an average ticket price just as high as that in Europe and NA. And it's not just going there for money - it's an investment. Growing a fanbase in a place where later on people will be just as rich as the people that live in Tokyo right now would be a very smart move. 

This. I don't think it would be very difficult to her to sell and arena in 1 or 2 cities in China. That considering she sold out Hong Kong 4 times with that tickets price.

Archived