💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP tour in .. China?

Luc

Featured Posts

WarriorPrince

Is China that conservative? I think she could perform there without any problem but idk

Yes, she has performed in Macau and Hong Kong before. But you guys have to realize that these are zones that were until a short time ago colonies from Portugal and the UK. And also have different laws, and everything. I'm not interested in these areas. I'm interested in the other cities in east-China. Would she be allowed to tour there? 

my country getting that promo  :clap:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dangerous Man

Didn't the government ban 6 of her songs including hair and marry the night :messga:

This and this makes me worry for her to go there.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

EthanPamyu

I bet she could in shanghai.... idk about beijing since its the capital 

The Chinese government bans/censors certain media that's deemed inappropriate for its citizens, therefore, some of Gaga's music has been banned.  Because of this, I doubt Gaga would tour there unless something changes.  The only reason why she toured Hong Kong is because I think laws are slightly different.  

StrawberryBlond

List of artists I could find that have performed in mainland China:

Christina Aguilera - 2007 (Shanghai)

Beyonce - 2007 - 2009 (Shanghai, Beijing)

Celine Dion - 2008 (Shanghai)

Avril Lavigne - 2008 - 2012 (Guangzhou, Chengdu, Lijiang, Shanghai, Beijing)

The Eagles - 2011 (Shanghai)

Usher - 2011 (Shanghai)

Bob Dylan - 2011 (Shanghai)

James Blunt - 2011 (Shanghai)

Akon - 2011 (Shanghai)

Roxette - 2012 (Shanghai)

Maroon 5 - 2012 (Shanghai)

Jennifer Lopez - 2012 (Shanghai)

Elton John - 2012 (Beijing)

Adam Lambert - 2013 (Shanghai)

Metallica - 2013 (Shanghai) *upcoming

And that's not even including all the J-pop and K-pop acts that have performed in the same venues. China's slowly becoming more accepting of foreign entertainment. As you can see, some of the artists on this list are famous for being raunchy (Christina, Beyonce, Usher, Akon, J-Lo), having songs concerning s-x and swearing (practically everyone on the list) and for being "devil worshipping hell raisers" (Metallica). Obviously, all these acts had to tone things down to get a pass, so I'm sure Gaga would comply as long as she knew well in advance. The Indonesia date required her to tone things down at the last minute, which annoyed her and made her say that she'd perform the show the way it's supposed to be. But she did comply to restrictions in other countries by completely covering her lower half, making the motorcycle act less raunchy, no swearing, omission of certain songs, etc. I could see her doing at least one arena date in Beijing and Shanghai. I have no doubt that she has fans there who wish they lived in Hong Kong or Taiwan so they could see her tour.

GlitterGrease

Kylie performed in Shanghai and Beijing on her 2008 tour, I'm sure gaga could make it happen

RAMROD

I cannot see Gaga will be a show around Mainland any time soon.
The closest she can go within China region is Taiwan and Hong Kong.

She have her agenda that Mainland government does not appreciate.

List of artists I could find that have performed in mainland China:

Christina Aguilera - 2007 (Shanghai)

Beyonce - 2007 - 2009 (Shanghai, Beijing)

Celine Dion - 2008 (Shanghai)

Avril Lavigne - 2008 - 2012 (Guangzhou, Chengdu, Lijiang, Shanghai, Beijing)

The Eagles - 2011 (Shanghai)

Usher - 2011 (Shanghai)

Bob Dylan - 2011 (Shanghai)

James Blunt - 2011 (Shanghai)

Akon - 2011 (Shanghai)

Roxette - 2012 (Shanghai)

Maroon 5 - 2012 (Shanghai)

Jennifer Lopez - 2012 (Shanghai)

Elton John - 2012 (Beijing)

Adam Lambert - 2013 (Shanghai)

Metallica - 2013 (Shanghai) *upcoming

And that's not even including all the J-pop and K-pop acts that have performed in the same venues. China's slowly becoming more accepting of foreign entertainment. As you can see, some of the artists on this list are famous for being raunchy (Christina, Beyonce, Usher, Akon, J-Lo), having songs concerning s-x and swearing (practically everyone on the list) and for being "devil worshipping hell raisers" (Metallica). Obviously, all these acts had to tone things down to get a pass, so I'm sure Gaga would comply as long as she knew well in advance. The Indonesia date required her to tone things down at the last minute, which annoyed her and made her say that she'd perform the show the way it's supposed to be. But she did comply to restrictions in other countries by completely covering her lower half, making the motorcycle act less raunchy, no swearing, omission of certain songs, etc. I could see her doing at least one arena date in Beijing and Shanghai. I have no doubt that she has fans there who wish they lived in Hong Kong or Taiwan so they could see her tour.

You forgot Bjork for her Volta World Tour in 2008.

She is the person who responsible for China government to

tightened rules for Western artists to have a tour in that country.

Especially to bands or singers who are known to have propaganda.

because Bjork was screaming "Tibet! Tibet!" three time during Declare Independence.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ with birds I share this lonely view (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

dfghuer5

Why hasnt Gaga performed in Mainland China before? Whats the law thingy?

RAMROD

Why hasnt Gaga performed in Mainland China before? Whats the law thingy?

Gaga has been black listed in Mainland cos Born This Way

some songs like EOG,Judas and BTW are deemed too vulgar.

Then again they are also bans Back Street Boys too,

so not sure what kind of things they view as threats really.

Maybe they just don't like Western ideas on many things.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ with birds I share this lonely view (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Elizabeth

Half of BTW is banned in most of China so it's probably not worth her going there if she can't play lots of her songs. I presume the same will happen with ARTPOP.

Half of BTW's album is banned, including the most of the singles (and that's probably what she'll sing at the ARTPOP Tour) so it would pointless to go to Shangai or Beijing if you have to skip 4 songs and the ones that they ban from ARTPOP

Thanks for the answers all. It does look like it'd be possible, but Gaga would have to do a lot and you know Gaga, she'd be talking about how Xin Jiang and Xizang would need to become independant again and that the Chinese government is **** and that they need to go against the communism and stand up for their rights so it's probably a no.

Save-Me-Oprah

Is China that conservative? I think she could perform there without any problem but idk

Nope China isn't conservative at all. Never has been.

isngAyjsXczPR.gif

Archived