💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Cher: "Won't hear Gaga duet because she doesn't like it"

Innovative

Featured Posts

HausOfCarlos

Gaga said a time ago that she didn't like the way they edited her voice, but... this is.. why can't she just release the song with Cher? it's not even part of her album

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dirtypunx

Why is she backtracking from the RedOne story?

Shes not backtracking. Her original tweet the other day stated that Gaga didn't like it.

Cher is live on Andy Cohen's WATCH WHAT HAPPENS LIVE! and he asked her about the duet with Gaga. Her response was on the lines of:

"We recorded it but it wont be released because she doesn't like it. She's an artist and has her say and doesn't like it. I love it, I think its great, I play it to myself.

Reading that part actually made me feel a little sad wow

Seeka

There are two main forms of idiocy here. And so much of it, it really isn't funny.

1. WE NEVER EVEN GOT THE FIRST FINISHED DEMO OURSELVES. We got like a verse, and a chorus. Nothing else. We are judging from a fan-made finished version. Do you really think that the finished version would be the exact same thing? It would have to be reproduced, with more beats, and there would be finished clear vocals, with some effects, probably more on Cher than Gaga. Not to mention, there would have to be a rewrite of lyrics, due to the changing of the songs subject and with the addition of Cher. The songs was originally inspired by Luc, everyone knows that, right?

2. All of you, complaining because "Gaga doesn't like it" are forgetting Gaga acts more like an artist then the rest of artists today. I mean, if she acted like other artists, we would've gotten ARTPOP by now, and it would be the ****tiest thing on the radio, I guarantee that. When an artist, when someone such as Gaga who acts like an artist in love, yet who also hates, their own work, they tend to have certain feelings. When an artist doesn't like something, they tend to not like it due to many things. And there is a snowball's chance in hell you will never see that piece of art. Mostly due to the fact, it is something we keep close to us, to really push us forward to do better. BE GLAD SHE DOESN'T LIKE IT. It means better songs for us.

aaronyoji

There are two main forms of idiocy here. And so much of it, it really isn't funny.

1. WE NEVER EVEN GOT THE FIRST FINISHED DEMO OURSELVES. We got like a verse, and a chorus. Nothing else. We are judging from a fan-made finished version. Do you really think that the finished version would be the exact same thing? It would have to be reproduced, with more beats, and there would be finished clear vocals, with some effects, probably more on Cher than Gaga. Not to mention, there would have to be a rewrite of lyrics, due to the changing of the songs subject and with the addition of Cher. The songs was originally inspired by Luc, everyone knows that, right?

2. All of you, complaining because "Gaga doesn't like it" are forgetting Gaga acts more like an artist then the rest of artists today. I mean, if she acted like other artists, we would've gotten ARTPOP by now, and it would be the ****tiest thing on the radio, I guarantee that. When an artist, when someone such as Gaga who acts like an artist in love, yet who also hates, their own work, they tend to have certain feelings. When an artist doesn't like something, they tend to not like it due to many things. And there is a snowball's chance in hell you will never see that piece of art. Mostly due to the fact, it is something we keep close to us, to really push us forward to do better. BE GLAD SHE DOESN'T LIKE IT. It means better songs for us.

this. every great artist knows how to be harsh on their own work and admit when its not on par. hence why gaga said princess die might not make it on the album, she said it wasn't as good as the other songs on ARTPOP. she can't lose her back bone just to please a bunch of desperate fans. 

Blank Space

I hate you Gaga for doing this to us for all this waiting and hype we get this? :emo:

Imagine same with ARTPOP,her producer tweets,"she does not like it,but I love it I play it to my self" :omfgaga:

Zilla

Well gaga is overly critical at times because her work is her baby so I'm not surprised even though it's with Cher and would've made tons of noise on the charts etc... but I guess given the injury and things it's all ARTPOP atm

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.

Seeka

this. every great artist knows how to be harsh on their own work and admit when its not on par. hence why gaga said princess die might not make it on the album, she said it wasn't as good as the other songs on ARTPOP. she can't lose her back bone just to please a bunch of desperate fans. 

Actually, I think you're wrong on Princess Die. It is some of her best works, lyrically.

I touched on this in my Fade to Blonde thread, but Princess Die was originally written for the "Decay of the Blonde Superstar" album. Yes, I believe ARTPOP and that album are completely separate. That is why it has taken so long to get ARTPOP, is that she has actually made enough work for a lot of albums, but however, due to the "Decay" theme, it tragically contrasts with the ARTPOP theme.

It is not that Princess Die isn't on ARTPOP because it is crap, it is because it doesn't fit conceptually.

That is what happened with Living on the Radio and Born This Way. Although LotR didn't fit because it was too "quiet" the same premise, and maybe same situation, is going on with Princess DIE and ARTPOP.

Not to mention, you have to admit, Princess Die and Living on the Radio are rather similar, so maybe there are other songs like them written for the "Decay" theme.

dirtypunx

Actually, I think you're wrong on Princess Die. It is some of her best works, lyrically.

I touched on this in my Fade to Blonde thread, but Princess Die was originally written for the "Decay of the Blonde Superstar" album. Yes, I believe ARTPOP and that album are completely separate. That is why it has taken so long to get ARTPOP, is that she has actually made enough work for a lot of albums, but however, due to the "Decay" theme, it tragically contrasts with the ARTPOP theme.

It is not that Princess Die isn't on ARTPOP because it is crap, it is because it doesn't fit conceptually.

That is what happened with Living on the Radio and Born This Way. Although LotR didn't fit because it was too "quiet" the same premise, and maybe same situation, is going on with Princess DIE and ARTPOP.

Not to mention, you have to admit, Princess Die and Living on the Radio are rather similar, so maybe there are other songs like them written for the "Decay" theme.

The Princess Die lyrics are terrible. They're juvenile and unimaginative. I liked it in the sense that it was personal and she just randomly decided to sing it at her concert to tell her fans how she was feeling at that moment. But as an official track? As something that she would be sending out on every copy of her record? No. Living On the Radio felt personal in an endearing way. But theres nothing endearing about Princess Die in my opinion. I think she was just smart enough to admit that it wasn't that great.

Ok, so that's that. Really don't want to hear about this song anymore unless it's going to be leaked or released. :trootea:

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived