💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion - Track "Applause" here!

Americano

Featured Posts

Pop Art

Last week, Blurred Lines was at 156 million AI, according to BB's official sources. It will no doubt pass 167.7, which will make it the tenth highest airplay peak of all time. But I'm seriously starting to wonder if it has the stamina to reach We Belong Together, which has the highest with 212.1 million. 

I really hope I'm not going overboard, but I'm just gonna rant for a minute. I'm not racist by any means, but I think it's completely unfair that black artists have the major advantage of being preferred by both Rhythmic and Urban radio, which majorly boosts their AI. Many artists are lucky to get one station to prefer them, but black artists are almost guaranteed two extra ones if they're song gets big enough, an advantage that artists of other races don't necessarily get. If Pop radio played black artists less, people would call racist right away, but Rythmic and Urban stations have been doing this for years, and no one seems to give a crap. It's so unfair. (I know Robin Thicke isn't black, but he features two well known black artists.) I mean, there's a reason so many of the songs with the most AI are by black artists. Again, I'm not racist! This is just something that's been irking me a lot.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dangerous Man

• Klou

• AURA

• Arturo

Top Posters In This Topic

Arturo

I really hope I'm not going overboard, but I'm just gonna rant for a minute. I'm not racist by any means, but I think it's completely unfair that black artists have the major advantage of being preferred by both Rhythmic and Urban radio, which majorly boosts their AI. Many artists are lucky to get one station to prefer them, but black artists are almost guaranteed two extra ones if they're song gets big enough, an advantage that artists of other races don't necessarily get. If Pop radio played black artists less, people would call racist right away, but Rythmic and Urban stations have been doing this for years, and no one seems to give a crap. It's so unfair. (I know Robin Thicke isn't black, but he features two well known black artists.) I mean, there's a reason so many of the songs with the most AI are by black artists. Again, I'm not racist! This is just something that's been irking me a lot.

even worse when the black artist's song getting played on Rhythmic and Urban is pure dance/pop. They played Only Girl, We Found Love and WHYB who knows how many times yet they're not even R&B. A white gurl like Gaga can't get that kind of airplay with her dance singles on Rhythmic and Urban. Yet Rihanna does. 

Pop Art

even worse when the black artist's song getting played on Rhythmic and Urban is pure dance/pop. They played Only Girl, We Found Love and WHYB who knows how many times yet they're not even R&B. A white gurl like Gaga can't get that kind of airplay with her dance singles on Rhythmic and Urban. Yet Rihanna does. 

A white girl can barely get a song that actually fits on Rhythmic and Urban stations to be played on them. It's so unfair.

Edited by The Night

nick4bty

I agree, it's not fair. What's even worse is that Robin Thicke surely included T.I. and Pharrell to ensure that it would get played on Urban and Rhythmic. JT did the same thing by using Jay-Z on Suit & Tie. If Blurred Lines was Gaga's song, there's no way it would be getting the kind of crossover airplay it is now. 

Arturo

Come and Get It - 2x Platinum (2,000,000 downloads and streams)
:emma:

Selena's actual sales for C&GI are about 1.7M this week.

Britney is apparently doing a collab with Wiz Khalifa so that can get her some Rhytmic/Urban airplay. :awesome: Don't know if it'll be a single or not, but I'm just speculating. :emma:

Wait, if the AI is 250 million, doesn't that mean 250 million people are hearing it that week? And therefore that is what would be counted toward its BB position that week? That's what I always thought...

Yes, it means 250 million hear it in a given week.

Sorry Arturo :P I WISH it was what you were talking about, but unfortunately it's not.

Arturo

Yes, it means 250 million hear it in a given week.

Sorry Arturo :P I WISH it was what you were talking about, but unfortunately it's not.

omg :deadbanana:

At least we got a chart expert like you to confirm

omg :deadbanana:

At least we got a chart expert like you to confirm

Haha it's ok. It seems like it would make sense because we only have like 100 million more people living here. When AI starts to decline, your logic would mean that people who heard it would have no longer heard it anymore. Like it got deleted from our memories. I wish!!

Pop Art

Songs Impacting Today

» Arianna (RCA) – Sexy People (The Fiat Song) (f. Pitbull)
» Bonnie Mckee (Epic) – American Girl
» Demi Lovato (Hollywood) – Made In The USA
» Justin Timberlake (RCA) – Take Back The Night
» Kaptn (IDJMG) – Kicky Ricardo
» Krewella (Columbia) – Live For The Night
» Taylor Swift (Republic) – Everything Has Changed (f. Ed Sheeran)

Arturo

YTD Best Selling Songs of 2013

#1 Thrift Shop 5,613,556

#2 Just Give Me a Reason 3,603,935 

#3 When I Was Your Man 3,464,457
#4 Radioactive 3,430,105

#5 Stay 3,347,385

#6 Cruise 3,304,366

#7 Can't Hold Us 3,258,447.

#8 Blurred Lines 2,828,077

#9 Suit & Tie 2,603,828

#10 I Knew You Were Trouble 2,476,366.

It's reassuring that Gaga just has to sell over 2.5M with her lead before the year is over to reassure a Top 10 on the Billboard Year-End Chart.
It'd be refreshing after BTW's disappointing #18 on 2011's Year End Chart.
IKYWT and S&T basically have no morel life so hopefully she can overtake both :ohno:

Edited by Arturo

Pop Art

YTD Best Selling Songs of 2013

#1 Thrift Shop 5,613,556

#2 Just Give Me a Reason 3,603,935 

#3 When I Was Your Man 3,464,457

#4 Radioactive 3,430,105

#5 Stay 3,347,385

#6 Cruise 3,304,366

#7 Can't Hold Us 3,258,447.

#8 Blurred Lines 2,828,077

#9 Suit & Tie 2,603,828

#10 I Knew You Were Trouble 2,476,366.

It's reassuring that Gaga just has to sell over 2.5M with her lead before the year is over to reassure a Top 10 on the Billboard Year-End Chart.

It'd be refreshing after BTW's disappointing #18 on 2011's Year End Chart.

IKYWT and S&T basically have no morel ife so hopefully she can overtake both :ohno:

But doesn't Billboard's year end chart include more than just sales? I wish it were that easy.

Arturo

Yeah, it's more than just sales. 

OMG SOMEONE ON THIS VERY THREAD SAID IT WAS JUST SALES