Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion - Track "Applause" here!

Americano

Featured Posts

nick4bty

No because everything else was set up almost perfectly. Debuting the lead single at the Grammys, booking her on SNL with a host (Timberlake) that people were definitely going to tune in for, I could go on and on and on. Regardless what you think about the BTW era, with the exception of "Judas" as the 2nd single, the pre-album promotion was amazing.

Well, maybe. But as soon as BTW began its fast descent down the charts, they panicked and released Judas. And then they panicked again when Judas flopped, and rush-released EOG. And then there was the EOG video mishap. And the VMA backlash. And the MTN holiday freeze. BTW single promo and pre-album promo was good, but after that . . . mess. 

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dangerous Man

• Klou

• AURA

• Arturo

Top Posters In This Topic

no one cared about the "TEOG" video except this fanbase and "MTN" did decently enough; it gave her a song on the radio during the holiday shopping season which was all it needed to do

and there was no "VMA backlash"

besides, I'm pretty sure I just said pre-album promotion which only covers "BTW", "Judas", and the immediate release of "TEOG"; I agree that not everything was handled perfectly but most of it was before the album dropped.

Edited by Cherry

Arturo

VMA backlash? You mean giving Gaga her 11th Top 10 by sending You and I from who knows where to #6?

VMA backlash? You mean giving Gaga her 11th Top 10 by sending You and I from who knows where to #6?

it was top 20 and headed for the top 10 anyway but yeah, there wasn't any backlash I remember Edited by Cherry

I am just praying there aren't anymore Friday releases. Gaga needs to be patient this time and just wait for the Monday release even if they happen to leak a few days beforehand.

I am just praying there aren't anymore Friday releases. Gaga needs to be patient this time and just wait for the Monday release even if they happen to leak a few days beforehand.

if something leaks it's just best to put it out anyway since people will be talking about it which = free promo

Inb4 Katy releases her lead single the following week.

if something leaks it's just best to put it out anyway since people will be talking about it which = free promo

They will also talk about how it didn't hit #1

They will also talk about how it didn't hit #1

That doesn't matter, especially in the first week when you still have to build up radio airplay; there are opportunities to hit #1 later

and good single sales > a #1 song

Edited by Cherry

heavyMetalGAGA

What do you guys think about the second single though? I'm a little nervous for that one and the ones after it....

I mean, I know the album and first single will have huge sales and the calendar dates for them seem perfect, but

I'm more scared for the singles after that. I guess if she saves the Telephone continuation for the 2nd or 3rd then that could really help.

GAGA IS BACK !

Interscope ****ing knows what the **** they're doing this time around. They've learned their lesson with the BTW mishaps and they're coming for blood. November 11 could possibly be the best date on the entire calendar they could've chosen to release the album, for exactly the reason Cherry said (big first week sales continuing into Black Friday and the holiday season). And releasing the lead single simultaneously with a VMA comeback performance is brilliant. 

I can just feel it. This is going to be a huge era. I can't wait.

nick4bty

What do you guys think about the second single though? I'm a little nervous for that one and the ones after it....

I mean, I know the album and first single will have huge sales and the calendar dates for them seem perfect, but

I'm more scared for the singles after that. I guess if she saves the Telephone continuation for the 2nd or 3rd then that could really help.

I agree, doing the Telephone continuation as the second single would be the best idea. Actually, it would be brilliant.

A VMA performance akin to BTW on the Grammy's, meaning relatively uncontroversial, well-choreographed, and well-sung will be perfect for new single promo.  I don't think anyone can fault Interscope or her team's pre-album release promo.  It was spot on for BTW and it looks like the trend will continue for AP.

nick4bty

A VMA performance akin to BTW on the Grammy's, meaning relatively uncontroversial, well-choreographed, and well-sung will be perfect for new single promo.  I don't think anyone can fault Interscope or her team's pre-album release promo.  It was spot on for BTW and it looks like the trend will continue for AP.

Nah, the BTW Grammy performance was too simple. It needs to be something a la VMA 2009. I'm sure she and her entire team know this, and they probably already know how to top it. 

Yes i think the Telephone cpntinuation should be the second single and should be out at around like January 

nick4bty

Yes i think the Telephone cpntinuation should be the second single and should be out at around like January 

January doesn't make any sense . . .

It should come out a week before the album. As long as it rises to the top before the holiday freeze kicks in, it'll be fine. If anything, it'll lock in at the top just like LOOH did.