💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

'BR' goes 10x platinum, Judas 2x platinum, Marry the Night platinum

Americano

Featured Posts

Americano

lady-gaga-judas.jpg

The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) today announced the integration of streams to its historic Gold & Platinum (G&P) Program, the industry’s premier award for recognizing artistic achievement in the marketplace. On-demand audio and/or video song streams will now be counted towards the 500,000 (Gold), 1,000,000 (Platinum) and 2,000,000 plus (multi-Platinum) thresholds required for G&P’s Digital Single Award certification.

56 titles, encompassing songs from dozens of music labels and spanning many musical genres, are included in the inaugural certifications (attached) for the newly expanded Digital Single Award. Specifically, the RIAA is awarding 11 Gold, 18 Platinum and 27 multi-Platinum new “combined†Digital Single Awards counting both downloads and streams. This includes streams from on-demand services like MOG, Muve Music, Rdio, Rhapsody, Slacker, Spotify, Xbox Music and others, plus video streaming services like MTV.com, VEVO, Yahoo! Music, YouTube and more.

With the launch of the new program, RIAA today is awarding the following artists/songs with new certifications: 30 Seconds To Mars/"This Is War," Adele/"Rolling in the Deep, "Aerosmith/"I Don't Want To Miss A Thing," Andy Grammer/"Keep Your Head Up," Anna Kendrick/"Cups," Avril Lavigne/"Smile," Ca$h Out/"Cashin' Out," Carly Rae Jepsen/"Call Me Maybe," Carrie Underwood/"Before He Cheats," Cher Lloyd/"Oath," Don Omar/"Danza Kuduro," Drake/"Started from The Bottom," Emeli Sandé/"Next To Me," Eminem/"Love The Way You Lie," Frank Ocean/"Thinkin Bout You," Gym Class Heroes feat. Ryan Tedder/"The Fighter," Imagine Dragons/"Radioactive," J. Cole/"Workout," Jake Owen/"Alone With You" and "Barefoot Blue Jean Night," Jason Derulo/"Watcha Say" and "Ridin' Solo," Josh Turner/"Why Don't We Just Dance," Journey/"Don't Stop Believin,'" Juanes/"La Camisa Negra," Justin Bieber/"Baby," Justin Timberlake/"Suit & Tie," Kansas/"Dust In The Wind," Kanye West/"Stronger," Kelly Clarkson/"Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You)," Kelly Rowland/"Motivation," Kendrick Lamar/"Poetic Justice," Kenny Chesney/"The Boys Of Fall," Lady Gaga/"Bad Romance," Lana Del Rey/"Video Games," LMFAO/"Sexy And I Know It," M83/"Midnight City," Michael Jackson/"Billie Jean," Of Monsters And Men/"Little Talks," Olly Murs/"Troublemaker," One Direction/"Little Things," P!nk feat. Nate Ruess/"Just Give Me A Reason," Pitbull feat. Christina Aguilera/"Feel This Moment," Rihanna/"We Found Love," Robin Thicke/"Lost Without U," Selena Gomez & The Scene/"Love You Like A Love Song," The Black Keys/"Lonely Boy," The Fray/ "Over My Head (Cable Car)," The Script/"The Man Who Can't Be Moved," The Weeknd/"Wicked Games," Toby Keith/"Beers Ago," Train/"Drive By," Usher/"Scream," Whitney Houston/"I Will Always Love You," Will.i.am/"Scream & Shout" and Wisin & Yandel/"Follow The Leader."

This new expansion of the G&P Program – the approach, methodology and formula – was the culmination of a year-long project by the RIAA, led by Sherman, and a variety of label marketing, business and data a--lysis executives, in which the RIAA examined comprehensive information comparing data on digital downloads to similar data on on-demand audio and video streams. The RIAA also closely consulted with NARM/digitalmusic.org, many digital music services, artist managers and industry leaders. It is important to note the new certification approach, including the formula of 100 streams being equivalent to one download, is an approximate barometer of comparative consumer activity; the financial value of streams and downloads were not factored into the equation.

Essentially, video views and Spotify/other streamers will now be included in certifying songs in the US. It won't just be sales alone.

If you do the math out, 'Bad Romance' has earned a 10x platinum rating by RIAA. Also, thanks to the new system, singles 'Telephone', 'Alejandro,' 'Born This Way,' and 'Judas' will be subject to new RIAA awards.

'Born This Way' garners a 4x platinum status and 'Judas' goes 2x platinum, and 'MTN' goes platinum. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AURA

JUDAS PLATINUM OMFG I NEVER THOUGHT I'LL REACH THIS DAY :cry:

WE NEED MARRY THE NIGHT PLATINUM

Galactic Mess

Wait, has BR sold 10 million copies in the US? 0.o

hausofmike

It still hasn't sales wise. Where does it say in the article 10x. I'm on mobile.

JUDAS PLATINUM OMFG I NEVER THOUGHT I'LL REACH THIS DAY :cry:

WE NEED MARRY THE NIGHT PLATINUM

Americano

Wait, I think Marry the Night may be platinum now :lmao:

51+ million views, divided by 100, 510,000 more sales.

Already certified gold...

:lmao:

Americano

The Edge Of Glory? :awkney:

And there is no Gangam Style :creepflop:

I dont think TEOG will reach 3x, even with the new certification.

hausofmike

12x - Justin Bieber (MOST EVER) :rip:

11x - Love The Way You Lie

10x - BR

8x - RITD, SAIKI

7x - WFL

4x - LYLALS

What a damn mess :lmao:

joshw2011

You guys, streaming includes Spotify and a bunch of other sources, not just Youtube. 100 million streams = Platinum. 69 million from YT plus I'm sure it's got several million elsewhere. Not sure what the sales are at, though.

Americano

Yeah, I'm just being safe though and keeping the figures lower.

Archived