Featured Posts

Marry the Night Week

April 1st - April 7th

fDcJ6KZ.png

US Based Monsters especially, please read what we have to say:

On Tuesday, April 8th: Try to Trend #WatchMarrytheNight on Twitter

Stream the Song and View the Video All Week

GOAL: 14 MILLION STREAMS

Let's cut to the chase - we want "Marry the Night" to go top 10 in the US. Yes I am serious, and no, I am not crazy like our fave. We'd like to accomplish this admittedly very lofty goal through the use of Billboard's latest rules, which add YouTube into streaming and increase the overall weight of streaming points on the Hot 100. We plan to do this to honor Gaga's favorite song and video of her own in a time in which she most needs our support to heal and to write ARTPOP. In addition, this week is just after her birthday, and this is a great way to how how we feel about her at the start of a new year in her life.

As you may recall, "Harlem Shake" has been the #1 song in the US for 5 weeks based almost entirely on streaming, with the added benefit of sales. Thanks to formulas developed by Dust2 and MusicTalker earlier this year it has been calculated that "Marry the Night" would need a bare minimum of 11 million US-based streams to chart in the top ten. However, that is not our goal - to ensure the best possible chance of her entry in the top 10, we are aiming for a minimum of 14 million US-based streams during the week of April 1st through April 7th.

Now before you go on about how "impossible" this is: have some faith in your fellow fans. Have some faith in yourself! We have numerous times demonstrated our power as a fanbase - in polls, voted award shows, and the like. After a long, hard era during 2011, we still managed to break records with the YouTube debut of the MTN video. Since then, streaming and access to streaming have grown exponentially. All we need here is a mere fraction of what some songs have been able to do, and just half of what one song was bale to do this week well after it had died down.

Once again, I ask you not only to help reach this goal, but to unite as a fanbase and have faith in yourselves and each other that we can achieve this goal. US monsters, we need you to view and listen your paws off at YouTube and on services like Spotify and Rhapsody. If you are not based in the US, please help us by spreading the word! Ask any US friends you have to participate, spread the news to message boards - anything you can is greatly appreciated.

To those who wish to make fun of this attempt: go away, I already know the odds. I find that optimism is the best policy in all situations. smile.gif

I'll be honest -- I don't know how well this will work, and I don't know whether we can do this. But, I have faith that if the monsters unite, nothing, even this, is really impossible.

Below you will find some helpful links and tools:

Marry the Night Official Video on YouTube

Marry the Night Official Video on Vevo

Marry the Night Audio on YouTube

Marry the Night Zedd Remix on YouTube

Marry the Night Zedd Remix on Vevo

FOR PEOPLE NOT LIVING IN THE US

If you want to help too for the Marry The Night week you can use a program called TunnelBear. Once you install it and create an account to use it, you only need to select "On" on the left and "US" on the right. Now, while the program is on, you can use Spotify and the sistem is led to believe you're streaming from the US. That's it, in words it may seem more difficult than it really is!

NOTE: TunnelBear has a 500MB a month limit, save your streams until the first of the month.

To those who wish to make fun of this attempt: go away, I already know the odds. I find that optimism is the best policy in all situations.

I'll be honest -- I don't know how well this will work, and I don't know whether we can do this. But, I have faith that if the monsters unite, nothing, even this, is really impossible.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Born This Way era is over, do people still think its happening? :awkney:

Have you checked out the new Billboard Hot 100 rule?

50-60% goes to YouTube streaming...

So, if mtn can get 5-7 millions in a week with that rule, there would be chance it will debut Top 10

14m? It doesnt even get 150k a week.

We are talking about Stream. Harlem Shake[20k-90k] has very low digital sale with huge streaming[10m+ - 25m+], which is why it is #1 for 5 weeks.

Didymus

Why would we want to bring MTN on top though? :shrug:

Shouldn't we wait for our so-called "May single release"?

I agree with Trever: over & done. This way we could also get Poker Face back in the top 10, but.. why? :huh:

Ladygagalover

I agree that this will be hard but it isn't impossible. It would be incredible if we could do this for her too!

WarriorPrince

I know. Im talking about views a week on youtube which is a major factor on streaming. Excuse me but its impossible do that.

Why would we want to bring MTN on top though? :shrug:

Shouldn't we wait for our so-called "May single release"?

I agree with Trever: over & done. This way we could also get Poker Face back in the top 10, but.. why? :huh:

Read this.

We want "Marry the Night" to go top 10 in the US. Yes I am serious, and no, I am not crazy like our fave. We'd like to accomplish this admittedly very lofty goal through the use of Billboard's latest rules, which add YouTube into streaming and increase the overall weight of streaming points on the Hot 100. We plan to do this to honor Gaga's favorite song and video of her own in a time in which she most needs our support to heal and to write ARTPOP. In addition, this week is just after her birthday, and this is a great way to how how we feel about her at the start of a new year in her life.

If you dont want to do that, then fine.

EthanPamyu

I love this idea! Marry The Night deserves this.

Gaga is Life

If this ended up happening... wow what a thought :flutter: It would make me so happy and be such a story to tell :legend: I'd certainly get behind it if I were in the US.

Emvee

I don't think we have that kind of power, though. The REALLY devoted part of the fanbase is actually quite small... and we're scattered across the world, not just in the US.

This is why 'buy *single name* days' rarely ever work. The amount of fans actually obsessed enough to go along with it is small. The Harlem Shake viral phenomenon relied not just on trap fans, but millions of non-trap fans who wanted to join the bandwagon. Millions. Yes, there are millions of little monsters out there, but most of them are casual fans.

ryhanna

Seriously doubt this will work. :)

I don't even care about Marry The Night anymore. It's had it's chance - LONG ago. Let it die, and bring on the new single.

The only way this will work is if someone edits the video footage to make it completely hilarious and shady, so it could go viral and everyone would want to see it and it would be spread across other sites, because the video doesn't need to be intact to count, as long as the music is in the video, so the short video would also count, without the entire prelude etc, but luckily I'm not a US monster, so I don't have to care about the attempt 

Archived