💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

"The Fame" #100 on Rolling Stone's Greatest Debut Albums of All Time

Runway

Featured Posts

Congratulations to Gaga! This is in addition to RollingStone naming BTW as among the greatest albums of all time by a female artist back in 2011. Another astounding accomplishment! Not to mention, Gaga did this in merely 5 years in her career.  :worship:

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Forrest Gump

:usrs:  :usrs:  :usrs:

The Grammys are the equivalent of the Oscars in the music industry, both choose the nominations and winners through an academy of their respected field. It means everything as far as talent goes being nominated by your peers. Most people are just bitter their favs never get nominated.

"Artists," if we can call them that, think they can just make a good song/album and they will get nominated for the major awards when its so much more than that. How original is it? What do you bring to the table? How well did the critics and listeners respond? 

Sure, sometimes stupid and undeserving **** gets nominated, but its the same thing with the Oscars. 

i think what serious music listeners don't like about the grammy's is that they nominate albums equivalent to transformers in the big categories rather then albums that are the most critically acclaimed like the oscars does.

Congratulations to Gaga! This is in addition to RollingStone naming BTW as among the greatest albums of all time by a female artist back in 2011. Another astounding accomplishment! Not to mention, Gaga did this in merely 5 years in her career.  :worship:

they didn't name born this way as one of the greatest of all time. they named it as one of the greatest of 2011.

i think what serious music listeners don't like about the grammy's is that they nominate albums equivalent to transformers in the big categories rather then albums that are the most critically acclaimed like the oscars does.

Who is to say someone that only listens to pop and country music is not a serious listener? That's completely subjective. 

The Grammy's incorporate what people actually listen to as opposed to the Oscars which brush anything successful as a blockbuster and "just for the money." This is one of the biggest things wrong with the Oscars, who (btw) average member age is about 60. They don't understand Sci-Fi, and they have an uncomfortable diastase of technology in film. But that is a completely different topic I could go on about, lets just say I agree with the Grammy's approach to success more than the Oscars. 

Brian Ryan

anywho, it's not bad being at # 100. at least she made it, I will have to admit that most of the albums higher than The Fame on the list deserved to be just because I'm lady gaga fan doesn't mean I want her on the top of everything. I've said before that I thought the album was mediocore besides the singles. However, it was good for a debut album.

Drake is #77...

well Drake's first album was better than The Fame.

Willy Wonka

anywho, it's not bad being at # 100. at least she made it, I will have to admit that most of the albums higher than The Fame on the list deserved to be just because I'm lady gaga fan doesn't mean I want her on the top of everything. I've said before that I thought the album was mediocore besides the singles. However, it was good for a debut album.

well Drake's first album was better than The Fame.

I didn't say it wasn't :oops:

Forrest Gump

Who is to say someone that only listens to pop and country music is not a serious listener? That's completely subjective. 

The Grammy's incorporate what people actually listen to as opposed to the Oscars which brush anything successful as a blockbuster and "just for the money." This is one of the biggest things wrong with the Oscars, who (btw) average member age is about 60. They don't understand Sci-Fi, and they have an uncomfortable diastase of technology in film. But that is a completely different topic I could go on about, lets just say I agree with the Grammy's approach to success more than the Oscars. 

lbr the grammys has always been more of a money machine then the oscars

when you see movies that are nominated and win for the oscars ,you might not like of the choices or winners, but you can admit they were great films that earned their acclaim.

with the grammy's, the best usually doesn't win most of the time. i mean taylor swift won aoty do i have to remind you with that lol.

Jenniferella

I can't at some (many ?) of you  :awkney:

MAMA MONSTA CUM 2 BRAZIL 

Lol

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

While there are some errors with this list (such as Madonna's debut being higher), overall I wouldn't say this was a bad position. The Fame is a very good album, but it's not amazing.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived