imogen2133 733 Posted Tuesday at 10:53 PM Share Posted Tuesday at 10:53 PM What are some of your favorite adlibs and background vocals in Gaga's songs? I personally really like all the vocal layers in Teeth and I Like It Rough. 1 1 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
River 129,456 Posted Tuesday at 11:00 PM Share Posted Tuesday at 11:00 PM Disease So sploosh your juice all over me you Riverboy 1 1 3 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
imogen2133 733 Posted Tuesday at 11:14 PM Author Share Posted Tuesday at 11:14 PM 9 minutes ago, River said: Disease Interesting answer because as much as I like Disease, when I first heard it I felt like that element (more bg vocals or added vocals) was missing and then I listened to this fanmade version: Since then I haven't really gone back to the original much because this one feels a bit more "complete" to me and the original still feels like it is missing something. Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
saint satine 218 Posted Tuesday at 11:28 PM Share Posted Tuesday at 11:28 PM 12 minutes ago, imogen2133 said: Interesting answer because as much as I like Disease, when I first heard it I felt like that element (more bg vocals or added vocals) was missing and then I listened to this fanmade version: Since then I haven't really gone back to the original much because this one feels a bit more "complete" to me and the original still feels like it is missing something. honestly everyone needs to go and check that channel out, there are a lot of gaga mixes on there that are worth hearing. abracadabra (reloaded) is also insane ⋆˚࿔ 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥, 𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘦! 𝜗𝜚˚⋆ 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Duella Dvil 12,496 Posted Tuesday at 11:36 PM Share Posted Tuesday at 11:36 PM The EW in Judas www.instagram.com/theduella666 1 3 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
TEANUS 16,226 Posted Tuesday at 11:37 PM Share Posted Tuesday at 11:37 PM The layers on Venus never cease to amaze me British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS 1 1 2 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
bxr 3,348 Posted Wednesday at 12:06 AM Share Posted Wednesday at 12:06 AM Just off the top of my noggin … So Happy I Could Die, Americano, Black Jesus † Amen Fashion, Aura, S3 Dreams, the vocal run on the Applause bridge, Killah, Zombieboy, Perfect Illusion bridge, Dancin‘ in Circles (boom), not sure why but I want to say G.U.Y. because it‘s sort of unhinged but … works? Effectually, I enjoy the visceral pneumatic elan vital within a capacity 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Defmix100 7,247 Posted Wednesday at 12:09 AM Share Posted Wednesday at 12:09 AM I Like It Rough is the first that comes to mind, I found it interesting that she didn't used to really do adlibs very often. Compared to now there's songs like HBDUWM with a bunch. Always loved the higher "lover" in the end Aura chorus 2 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
gagzus 26,426 Posted Wednesday at 12:10 AM Share Posted Wednesday at 12:10 AM The vocal layers in Hair and Venus specifically just scratch an itch in my head. I often times sing the backing melody over the lead in their respective pre-choruses 1 1 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Defmix100 7,247 Posted Wednesday at 12:12 AM Share Posted Wednesday at 12:12 AM The thing I always like though are things like the: Poker Face huh-huh-huh backing vocals Reloaded vocal pads Boys Boys Boys vocal pads Telephone vocal pads Paparazii Yah-ha's LoveGame Hah's... An extra recurring element that really adds to the song and is also an interesting choice others might not make 1 2 2 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Controversiaga 17,370 Posted Wednesday at 12:49 AM Share Posted Wednesday at 12:49 AM (edited) I LIKE IT ROUGH AND DISEASE OUTRO and BTW song too Edited Wednesday at 12:50 AM by Controversiaga Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga” 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
LittIe Monster 288 Posted Wednesday at 02:14 AM Share Posted Wednesday at 02:14 AM COULD I LOVE HIM???? COULD I LOVE HIM? COULD I LAAHHHV HIM?? ifykyk 1 4 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
imogen2133 733 Posted Wednesday at 09:08 AM Author Share Posted Wednesday at 09:08 AM 9 hours ago, saint satine said: honestly everyone needs to go and check that channel out, there are a lot of gaga mixes on there that are worth hearing. abracadabra (reloaded) is also insane I agree I listen to his mixes all the time especially the reloaded ones from ARTPOP and BTW they are so good and he adds everything from the demos and uses the songs layers to make it completely new, just great. Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
imogen2133 733 Posted Wednesday at 09:13 AM Author Share Posted Wednesday at 09:13 AM 8 hours ago, Controversiaga said: I LIKE IT ROUGH 8 hours ago, Defmix100 said: I Like It Rough The demo also has parts that either aren't in the album version or are much more quiet in the bg too which I quite like but it can seem a bit messy in places so I get why it was changed (still love both though) 1 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
imogen2133 733 Posted Wednesday at 09:18 AM Author Share Posted Wednesday at 09:18 AM (edited) 9 hours ago, gagzus said: The vocal layers in Hair and Venus specifically just scratch an itch in my head. I often times sing the backing melody over the lead in their respective pre-choruses Me too I find myself doing this all the time especially with Teeth, Aura, G.U.Y, Monster, Telephone and Judas, that is something I felt was missing largely from Joanne and Chromatica (bg vocals and adlibs) so I am glad she brought them back for Mayhem it gives the songs more dimension and it is fun to pick up on them when listening to them again. Edited Wednesday at 09:19 AM by imogen2133 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.