DESTROY UR DISEASE 21,518 Posted Sunday at 03:52 PM Share Posted Sunday at 03:52 PM 9 minutes ago, JohnPokerface said: Then I guess you love Michael as much as LG? also wrong I can smell your sickness I can... Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
DESTROY UR DISEASE 21,518 Posted Sunday at 03:52 PM Share Posted Sunday at 03:52 PM 8 minutes ago, loveandpeace said: F uck me I most definitely will I can smell your sickness I can... 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
DESTROY UR DISEASE 21,518 Posted Sunday at 03:53 PM Share Posted Sunday at 03:53 PM 2 minutes ago, Pandacadabra said: Wait C2C and LFS were part of the voting and none of them are out? Gag they were? I can smell your sickness I can... Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
gagzus 26,416 Posted Sunday at 03:54 PM Share Posted Sunday at 03:54 PM 2 minutes ago, Pandacadabra said: Drag them I’m not trying to drag anyone I’m just saying, you learn as you grow. Long term relationships, sacrifices, compromises, living together long term, sharing finances, set backs, traumas etc all inform you of what real love and a relationship is. 5 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Pandacadabra 9,183 Posted Sunday at 03:56 PM Share Posted Sunday at 03:56 PM Just now, gagzus said: I’m not trying to drag anyone I’m just saying, you learn as you grow. Long term relationships, sacrifices, compromises, living together long term, sharing finances, set backs, traumas etc all inform you of what real love and a relationship is. Yeah, they ranked Blade of Grass low because theyve never had a love like daddy Michael Polansky 2 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Pandacadabra 9,183 Posted Sunday at 03:57 PM Share Posted Sunday at 03:57 PM 2 minutes ago, DESTROY UR DISEASE said: they were? Its on the picture on the first page, I dont actually know I didnt vote. I wasnt eligible. Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
gagzus 26,416 Posted Sunday at 03:58 PM Share Posted Sunday at 03:58 PM Just now, Pandacadabra said: Yeah, they ranked Blade of Grass low because theyve never had a love like daddy Michael Polansky That’s not what I meant also a lot of Gaga’a ballads are ranked pretty low on every album. And the common thread between the songs is always that it’s related to love and relationships beyond the surface level. Also the fanbase is majority gay men, and gay men have a very… difficult relationship to love shall we say. Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
JohnPokerface 1,302 Posted Sunday at 03:58 PM Share Posted Sunday at 03:58 PM 8 minutes ago, gagzus said: haven’t experienced what real love is in their life it sounds like you are about to take us to Cleveland May chaos take the world! 5 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
gagzus 26,416 Posted Sunday at 03:59 PM Share Posted Sunday at 03:59 PM Just now, JohnPokerface said: it sounds like you are about to take us to Cleveland That song is also just bad in messaging as well at least Gaga uses good metaphors Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
loveandpeace 2,445 Posted Sunday at 04:06 PM Share Posted Sunday at 04:06 PM 16 minutes ago, gagzus said: Or the fact most of the people on here are young and haven’t experienced what real love is in their life; so they judge the song purely on superficial levels. Or they're whores ꕤ。˚⋆ formerly known as Hebi 🦋 5 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
JohnPokerface 1,302 Posted Sunday at 04:12 PM Share Posted Sunday at 04:12 PM 3 minutes ago, gagzus said: That song is also just bad in messaging as well at least Gaga uses good metaphors But you can't deny that BoG is cheesy and it's amplified by Gaga's "crying" vocal performance, I think that's one of the biggest reasons why people don't like it. May chaos take the world! 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
gagzus 26,416 Posted Sunday at 04:14 PM Share Posted Sunday at 04:14 PM (edited) 4 minutes ago, JohnPokerface said: But you can't deny that BoG is cheesy and it's amplified by Gaga's "crying" vocal performance, I think that's one of the biggest reasons why people don't like it. Her vocals dont sound “crying” to me personally. They sound pretty raw and unedited, similar to how her voice is in Dope. Except they’re more positive and airy than Dope is. I don’t find the song cheesy at all, I think it’s a good metaphor for finally finding your person when you had given up hope and being content and happy. I genuinely question if people who think love songs are “cheesy” don’t understand what actual love feels and looks like, versus what they believe it looks like based on movies and television, and even songs to a degree. Media homogenises love, when in fact love is a very personal experience that differs from person to person BUT you can understand someone’s metaphor for their love of you yourself have been in love. Edited Sunday at 04:18 PM by gagzus 6 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
loveandpeace 2,445 Posted Sunday at 04:15 PM Share Posted Sunday at 04:15 PM (edited) 4 minutes ago, gagzus said: Her vocals dont sound “crying” to me personally. They sound pretty raw and unedited, similar to how her voice is in Dope. Except they’re more positive and airy than Dope is. I don’t find the song cheesy at all, I think it’s a good metaphor for finally finding your personal and being content and happy. I genuinely question if people who think love songs are “cheesy” don’t understand what actual love feels and looks like, versus what they believe it looks like based on movies and television, and even songs to a degree. Is Love Me Right "cheesy" in your opinion? Edited Sunday at 04:20 PM by loveandpeace ꕤ。˚⋆ formerly known as Hebi 🦋 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
gagzus 26,416 Posted Sunday at 04:21 PM Share Posted Sunday at 04:21 PM (edited) 6 minutes ago, loveandpeace said: Is Love Me Wrong "cheesy" in your opinion? Depends on what YOU personally define as cheesy? Cheesy imo is often a term used to diminish love songs typically, that aren’t sad, gloomy or atmospheric. Theres no overuse of cliches in the song, and the premise is easy to understand imo. So I wouldn’t personally call it cheesy no. I’d call it bittersweet actually, it comes off more as a song about someone who is fighting their better judgements and fears. It sounds like it was made by someone who was going through a hard time and worries their partner would leave them. “I don’t wanna run far from my home, I don’t wanna lose my way” feels like she’s talking about how she’s had a relationship where distance and life was a problem (Taylor) and she’s hoping that it doesn’t happen again—that she’s worried it will. Edited Sunday at 04:24 PM by gagzus 3 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
CYCLOPS 6,315 Posted Sunday at 04:50 PM Share Posted Sunday at 04:50 PM Well BOG requiem version is still in the running ! Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.