Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP is "somewhat experimental" and "very different" from BTW

Mama Ru

Featured Posts

Mama Ru

I hope it is not square dancing :derpga:

Square dancing with sledgehammering do-si-do's.  :laughga:

Im blonde, I'm skinny, I'm rich, and I'm a little bit of a bitch.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Queen Gloria

@Jarraxe So glad to know someone else now who likes Fire Walk With Me :legend: I screamed when I saw Laura on screen with the theme song. I was wondering if she was inspired by Lynch too, the Fame ad is very much like something he'd do. But it also reminded me of Prometheus, then I found out Ridley Scott actually produced it. 

Mama Ru

@Jarraxe So glad to know someone else now who likes Fire Walk With Me :legend: I screamed when I saw Laura on screen with the theme song. I was wondering if she was inspired by Lynch too, the Fame ad is very much like something he'd do. But it also reminded me of Prometheus, then I found out Ridley Scott actually produced it. 

:yes: Totally.

Im blonde, I'm skinny, I'm rich, and I'm a little bit of a bitch.

i don't want a BTW 2.0 pls 

Jane T Bell

I really want her to bring back a little of The Fame. That album/era was flawless.

Didymus

I really want her to bring back a little of The Fame. That album/era was flawless.

The album wasn't, but the ERA!!

Tommymonster44

Lyrically, they're really good and their melody, but were ruined by overproducing them SPECIALLY Hair. Such songs are obv better in acoustic. Should be less problematic if they didn't put those "free as my ha-ha-a-a-a-air" part, it's pretty out-of-place and unnecessary.

Hair was perhaps one of the most mainstream songs on the album, though?  The experimental side of Born This Way was songs like HML, The Queen, Highway Unicorn.  

I love the production of Hair, though I can understand why others might not. But you have to remember that she's writing an album, not a single song.  An acoustic version of Hair wouldn't have been incoherent with the rest of the album.  It would be this massive collage of industrial electronic rock production, then a random piano ballet.  That's why I think she chose to make it a dance song. 

GagaObsession

I hope this album isn't going to be completely dance-based.

I want it to have more depth than just a rave album.

SEANGT

I hope this album isn't going to be completely dance-based.

I want it to have more depth than just a rave album.

I'm sure breaking that perception of rave music is on GaGa's agenda. But that means it'll still be at least almost all dance. 

Didymus

Dance doesn't mean a lack of depth though. She's a songwriter. She'll make it special :worship:

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived