Featured Posts

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Queen Gloria

Let me get my sledgehammer, I'll put it to use  :fail:

Mama Ru

Let me get my sledgehammer, I'll put it to use  :fail:

On a side note, can I just say that I love your pic and sig? Twin Peaks is the best show ever (well...except some of the side-stories from the middle of the second season.) I have a cold, so I think I'll start watching it from the beginning again tonight for like the 10th time.

yYHK2B3.jpg

As for "sledgehammering," I personally think she delivered on that word with BTW, so much so that one of the few negative things many critics (real critics, not anti-stans) said about the album was that it was bombastic.

Im blonde, I'm skinny, I'm rich, and I'm a little bit of a bitch.

Queen Gloria

On a side note, can I just say that I love your pic and sig? Twin Peaks is the best show ever (well...except some of the side-stories from the middle of the second season.) I have a cold, so I think I'll start watching it from the beginning again tonight for like the 10th time.

yYHK2B3.jpg

As for "sledgehammering," I personally think she delivered on that word with BTW, so much so that one of the few negative things many critics (real critics, not anti-stans) said about the album was that it was bombastic.

Isn't it? I agree, there were a few too many elements in season 2 but I still like it. The first season is clearly the best though :legend: And I'm sorry but I love Fire Walk With Me, I know most fans hate it for some reason. And yeah, quite a few of the songs were very intense and over the top in their sound, I don't know what more people want from this elusive mystical "sledgehammering" they keep asking for  :duhga:

Mama Ru

Isn't it? I agree, there were a few too many elements in season 2 but I still like it. The first season is clearly the best though :legend: And I'm sorry but I love Fire Walk With Me, I know most fans hate it for some reason. And yeah, quite a few of the songs were very intense and over the top in their sound, I don't know what more people want from this elusive mystical "sledgehammering" they keep asking for  :duhga:

Fire Walk With Me is flawless (other than having to replace Lara Flynn Boyle but that wasn't a huge deal). So dark, and casts a whole new light on the show. Some of Gaga's work makes me wonder if she's a Twin Peaks fan, too, or at least a fan of David Lynch in general (the FAME fragrance ad looked totally unique but the weird screams and flickering lights remind me a lot of Cooper's dream. Plus Gaga is the only person who can do weird/surreal as good as David Lynch!)

Anyway, yeah. I guess there's no perfect definition for "sledgehammering" but she seems to like the word!

Im blonde, I'm skinny, I'm rich, and I'm a little bit of a bitch.

FossMonsta

Shes gotta make a real "ass shaking" song by this point lol

I want the lyrics to literally tell me "Get that ass on the floor"

Mariano

yup. Because it's the perfect time to release an album. And I don't want ARTPOP to be nominated on the next year's grammy.

You want Bruno to win, I see :lolgaga:  

Introvert

Judas, HML, & Scheisse were the only three. The GH remix had them, but GH the song did not. Bloody Mary has them for the verses, not for the rest of the song. The end of MTN, but not the rest of the song. Gaga told us that BTW was going to be a dance-heavy, blast-all-night-in-a-club-mixed-with-rock-anthem type of album. We got mostly the latter.

Don't get me wrong, BTW is an AMAZING album & I'm really happy to see how great it was. But, she surprised me in that it wasn't the dance album she promised. So, I'm glad that we're getting it with ARTPOP :yes:

government hooker is dance oriented though, its just not like hard house. its like 80s goth/industrial/synth. gaga does blue monday by new order. totally dance oriented.

AyaKara

government hooker is dance oriented though, its just not like hard house. its like 80s goth/industrial/synth. gaga does blue monday by new order. totally dance oriented.

Blue Monday is something you can dance to though (love that song! :) ), compared to GH. You can still dance to GH, but it's not 'sledgehammering' compared to the actual remix that we heard first was. :yes: the remix was faster, had the raw sounding guitar, & the percussion/ beat was much harder.

If it's still gonna be the dance album, wonder what will be so different about it... Perhaps she has in mind that it will come with something additional to the album, line an APP...

Introvert

Blue Monday is something you can dance to though (love that song! :) ), compared to GH. You can still dance to GH, but it's not 'sledgehammering' compared to the actual remix that we heard first was. :yes: the remix was faster, had the raw sounding guitar, & the percussion/ beat was much harder.

i do agree with you about the fame being her most dance oriented though i miss those faux-disco beats

AyaKara

If it's still gonna be the dance album, wonder what will be so different about it... Perhaps she has in mind that it will come with something additional to the album, line an APP...

I'm thinking something along the lines of how deep & personal Ellie Goulding's Halcyon was -- regardless of being all dance & electronic music, Gaga would still make something unique & powerful. :)

‘Ya, it’s going to make you want to f------ dance your ass off.’â€

omggggggggggggggggggggggggggg <3 CANT WAIT 

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived