dynamite 67,727 Posted Wednesday at 07:36 AM Share Posted Wednesday at 07:36 AM Ariana for Wicked alone! I just wish she wouldn't act like she's always in character outside of it... Like a poem said by a neydy in red 2 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
MadArchitect 1,514 Posted Wednesday at 07:39 AM Share Posted Wednesday at 07:39 AM i mean we are on Gagadaily so of course Gaga's gonna win, it would be interesting to take this pol into an unbiased platform and see what the GP thinks, I think gaga by far, she has more range, Ari feels like she's playing different versions of the same character since victorious Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
nATAH 58,583 Posted Wednesday at 07:53 AM Share Posted Wednesday at 07:53 AM 2 hours ago, Ricardo said: I think Gaga’s only really good acting was in ASIB, but she was basically playing herself. She was better in Joker than in HOG, imo, but I don’t think she was particularly good in that either so Ariana but I think we’ve seen more of Ariana’s acting than Gaga’s, so maybe Gaga can get better at it. gaga and ally are incredibly different people mother, what must i do? 1 6 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
RochesterJoannster 4,210 Posted Wednesday at 08:00 AM Share Posted Wednesday at 08:00 AM 5 minutes ago, nATAH said: gaga and ally are incredibly different people The Countess felt and acted more like Gaga than Ally did. 3 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chromanne 2,807 Posted Wednesday at 08:02 AM Share Posted Wednesday at 08:02 AM First Gaga needs to get a proper role, rather than directors using her for popularity. Gaga has a lot of acting potential as she could showcase that in ASIB, 911 music video and even HoG. 2 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
LGAte 1,418 Posted Wednesday at 08:11 AM Share Posted Wednesday at 08:11 AM I think fans who think Gaga is a bad actress are just so used to over analyzing her and how she acts in interviews/videos/real life that they look for awkwardness that isn’t there to the regular viewer. I did this with AHS:Hotel and thought she was bad at first but it was because I was looking for her to be stiff. It made the character seem stiff. But I had this strange expectation she was going to not be able to do the role. Turns out the role was supposed to be kind of stiff… Years later I came back to Hotel just for fun and was able to throw away that it was her because I already got rid of that expectation and newness of the show- and I realized she was pretty damn good. If I had not known who she was before hand at all I would have found her compelling as a new actress. People are looking for her music in her acting (and I don’t literally mean her music, but her way of her, or her aura)…but she translates it different when she acts. I do think she was brilliant as Harley Quinn and it’s a shame that that movie was panned. She was very believable as depressed and deprived and ****ed up a bit. It was subtle and good. She hasn’t chosen “that role” yet. I think after LG8 and Rose Bean gets to be a bit older, Gaga might find a role that suits her. I think she would actually do well playing someone angry or violent. I know that’s ****ed up but I believe she comes off the most sincere when she is enraged and a role like a remake of Misery perhaps or something where she is a politician who is secretly awful behind closed doors would suit her well. When she is nice…it’s sweet in real life…but it’s boring on screen. She is much more compelling when fire is in her. 4 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bradley 60,515 Posted Wednesday at 08:32 AM Share Posted Wednesday at 08:32 AM I wonder who GagaDaily will vote for 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Duella Dvil 12,325 Posted Wednesday at 08:43 AM Share Posted Wednesday at 08:43 AM (edited) 1 hour ago, Sepsami said: Gaga is funny in the same way that Alyssa is funny, she's rarely in on the joke but in an endearing way Who tf is Alyssa?!?!? Edited Wednesday at 08:43 AM by Duella Dvil www.instagram.com/theduella666 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
gagzus 26,060 Posted Wednesday at 08:56 AM Share Posted Wednesday at 08:56 AM (edited) Gaga by a mile. Her roles were all selling points and praised in every movie she’s been in. She’s the only person who played up the camp and theatrics of HoG besides Jared Leto. Bad accent aside she was the best thing about that movie. Same for Joker. Ari was great in Wicked dont get me wrong, but it is a role she’s literally prepared her whole life for. I think if you stuck Gaga in something like Guys & Dolls as Adelaide you’d see her in a new light. Before Wicked Ariana’s acting was literally what it was; kids sitcom acting. Edited Wednesday at 08:57 AM by gagzus 1 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
msr 95 Posted Wednesday at 09:24 AM Share Posted Wednesday at 09:24 AM 1 hour ago, MOT said: I haven't seen Ari act, but Gaga is definitely better. To be serious, I thought Gaga was good in ASIB. She had good chemistry with Bradley, her scenes with her father were good, and it wasn't her fault that the second half of the movie got a bit silly ... and there WAS that Oscar nom. I thought she had some strong moments in HOG, but it was a bad movie, and there was also that accent... I think she needs to stay away from accents. Patrizia was Italian and Scathach was Scottish and they both sounded Russian. And then we had JFAD. I wanna know what happened. She was good in the scenes she was in, but why did they have those midnight rewrites which ended up with a lot of her scenes being cut ? My suspicion (based on a bts youtube video called Finding Lee) is that she was struggling on set and they were up against the clock. How can you choose if you haven't seen Ari act lol 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
JohnPokerface 1,190 Posted Wednesday at 09:42 AM Share Posted Wednesday at 09:42 AM (edited) I think they both need to do more acting and give more variety and range for me to form a strong opinion on this. But what I will say is that to me Ariana always looks like herself even though she's acting. I think it's because she apparently always does her make up herself and because she has this permanently shocked/confused face expression and those uneven eyebrows due to whatever she did to her face. With Gaga based on the projects she did I don't feel like she's as passionate about acting as she is about music, by now she did several movies but it still feels like a sidequest to me. So even though Gaga has improved as an actress from AHS hotel to FAD I don’t think that acting is her strongest suit and aside from ASIB her choice of acting projects is very questionable. Edited Wednesday at 09:42 AM by JohnPokerface 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
MOT 3,664 Posted Wednesday at 09:57 AM Share Posted Wednesday at 09:57 AM 33 minutes ago, msr said: How can you choose if you haven't seen Ari act lol I was joking. 🙂 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Head Empty 27,384 Posted Wednesday at 09:58 AM Share Posted Wednesday at 09:58 AM (edited) Gaga has inserted a lot of herself into every role she took – for better or worse. I'm looking forward to the moment where she can let a character completely take charge of her. I think she has to learn to let go of things that make her comfortable as an actress in order to become great. No music, no Freddie and Sarah, no fashion. Just a multi-faceted character with a great script. Preferably in a story that doesn't revolve around a man again Edited Wednesday at 09:59 AM by Head Empty 1 3 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
TheMontebello 1,350 Posted Wednesday at 10:38 AM Share Posted Wednesday at 10:38 AM Thinking Gaga wasn't great in ASIB is insane, sorry. I did feel she was kinda stiff in AHS Hotel, but the character was like that. House of Gucci is kind of a mess but not because of her. She was as campy as the movie demanded her to be. I have not seen Folie a Deux. I haven't watched other Ariana's projects but she was good as Cat. You like the fat girl I got in me 🍕 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
msr 95 Posted Wednesday at 11:53 AM Share Posted Wednesday at 11:53 AM 1 hour ago, MOT said: I was joking. 🙂 Sorry I had just woken up when I read your comment lol Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.