Die With A Smile Spotify Banner

Why is everyone obsessing over a stadium tour for ARTPOP?

Rich Kid

Featured Posts

Pop Muse Tumblr

I've seen Gaga in an arena twice now, I want to see her in a stadium thanks.

Me too.

The only artists I can think of who've done a 100% stadium tour is U2 and that was when they were 20 years into their career... I found stadiums in these areas that would have contained the same amount of people she performed her over the course of 3/4 arena dates (and if ARTPOP is even more successful than BTW and gets the public back on her side, she might be able to perform at even more venues/bigger stadiums in these areas)

Michael Jackson's 1992-1993 Dangerous World Tour was arena-free- ONLY STADIUMS!

And yes, if ARTPOP slays like "Thriller" or "True Blue"/"Who's That Girl" (about 7 U.S. top ten hits), then Gaga might be able to do a summer stadium tour like Michael Jackson (the Jacksons' 1984 tour) and Madonna (Who's That Girl Tour 1987).

A smaller, arena tour would be a total step backwards.

The only solo perfomer I can think of who went from a mainly stadium tour to an arena tour and back to stadiums is Madonna. Her 1993 tour was mainly stadiums, but then she had two kids so she did an all-arena tour in 2001. The 2004 and 2006 tours slowly got some stadiums, then BAM sticky and sweet in 2008-2009 was history.

Because big stars plays in stadium.

Stadiums enable an artist to explore their visual artistry more.

Reasons why many big rock stars and any artists who did theatrics plays in one.

There is different energy within it.

Usually, when a band downgrades from stadiums to arenas, the band is stuck in the oldies bracket where the oldies pay $400 just to sit down during the whole concert (e.g. Fleetwood Mac).

God forbid, imagine if U2 do an arena tour after their 360 tour success- eugh.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
marrytheARTPOP

Please no stadium tours in Sydney :sweat: Gaga has a habit of coming in Winter + sound is horrible.

ANZ Stadium no good for sound? I've heard the sound there was pretty decent.

I saw Coldplay at Etihad Stadium in Melbourne - thought the sound was amazing.

Our winters are nothing compared to everyone elses.

Rollercoaster

It's called progression. As you get bigger, you play bigger venues.

She could easily sell out a north american stadium tour if the tickets went on sale early enough. Promoting a 2 year old album that north america didn't love isn't exactly going to have the stadium tour demand, but can you imagine if TFM had been a full length album in place of BTW? A stadium tour would've been obvious EVERYWHERE.

Please no stadium tours in Sydney :sweat: Gaga has a habit of coming in Winter + sound is horrible.

Winter in Sydney is nothing! I didn't even buy a coat!

GagaSlayedYou

Because they want Gaga to have the best grossing tour ever. They just want. It's ok, but you need to be realistic. imo

• 1 month later...
French Fries

I prefer stadiums over arenas for some reason too.

It's more compact and people at the back aren't that far away. 

The same set of BTW would look HUGE in a stadium compared to the same set in an arena. 

Just some thoughts. 

petestavros

50% of the reason is because they want her to be the best, pull in the most money, beat Madonna's highest grossing tour, have the highest grossing tour of the year and one of the highest grossing (if not the highest grossing) tour of all time. And the other 50% of the reason is that more stadiums will mean a shorter, less taxing tour which will be easier on her body after her injury.

I think a stadium tour would be an amazing opportunity for Gaga and would prove to the world that she's one of the greats. However, it's clear that she's not ready for a 100% stadium tour. At this stage, she's still got to do a good mixture of arenas and stadiums. Even Madonna has never done a 100% stadium tour and almost all her US dates are at arenas. The only artists I can think of who've done a 100% stadium tour is U2 and that was when they were 20 years into their career. No one can carry off a tour like that at Gaga's stage of the game. I don't see a problem with her doing stadiums in the areas with the highest demand and doing one or two arenas for all the places in between. In Asia, Oceania and Africa, she can do 100% stadium gigs, even if there's not many. I found stadiums in these areas that would have contained the same amount of people she performed her over the course of 3/4 arena dates (and if ARTPOP is even more successful than BTW and gets the public back on her side, she might be able to perform at even more venues/bigger stadiums in these areas). She can do all stadiums in the UK, maybe one huge and one small stadium in France, one stadium in Germany, one small stadium in Russia and so on. In Latin America, it would be best to have just one stadium gig in the major countries and just see if there's any demand for a second and go for smaller stadiums. In the US, she can do stadiums in all the major states where she's most popular - New York, California, Texas, Florida, Pennsylvania. They don't need to be the biggest stadiums on offer, just reasonable sized ones and the other states can have arenas. She can do arenas everywhere else and add in more dates if one arena/stadium isn't enough. Simple.

Finally someone that knows what they are talking about!

----------------------------------------------

And as far as what "concert experience" is better. I attended the Monster Ball in both an arena (AT&T Center - San Antonio) and a stadium (Mexico City), and let me tell you, the show was 100 times better in Mexico than in San Antonio. Same for the BTWB. A stadium gives it much more energy no matter what.

RAMROD

Because Stadium is showing how far you are as an artist.

No one will joke about any artists who are stadium class.

It is more challenging too, because the acoustics are totally different.

Kanye West had to rethink of the way he is producing his music after

he is opening for U2, because Kanye would like the new sound to be powerful for his own stadium tour.

And that notion resulting in Graduation.

There is no turning back once you are doing Stadium.

Unless their fame are waning drastically, back to theatre and arena.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Fox People

Who knows maybe Gaga will gain millions of new fans that just want to see an awesome show with ARTPOP? Who really even knows/cares? I. Just hope ARTPOP is good+gagas pleased+all of her long anticipated projects are realeased + the world realizes the legend she is.

I'm not too sure. I think she may do stadiums for some of the cities where she will be successful playing there (e.g. London, Twickenham Stadium) but maybe arenas for other places (mainly NA/SA legs)

Michael

The ARTPOP Ball will probably be a mixture of arenas and stadiums again.

ElectricHaus

I think Gaga doesn't like doing Stadiums because she knows people pay a butt load to see her, and in a stadium your never really close unless your in the pit or within the first 10 rows of General admission. Arena's are better, because your closer, they sound better and are probably less of a hassle.

For the ARTPOP tour, I don't think it would be a good decision for her to do a huge tour, obviously nothing like the Monster balls long list of dates. She just needs to do about 25 in North america, 20 in  Asia and Oceana combined, 25 in Europe, 5 in South America, 1-3 in Africa

So Approximately 85 tour dates. With 3 week breaks between legs, that way she can rest.

craig

50% of the reason is because they want her to be the best, pull in the most money, beat Madonna's highest grossing tour, have the highest grossing tour of the year and one of the highest grossing (if not the highest grossing) tour of all time.

And the other 50% of the reason is that more stadiums will mean a shorter, less taxing tour which will be easier on her body after her injury.

Fans in group #1 are putting commerce and bragging rights over Madonna before art. Almost absurd as Madonna fans who are proud and happy that she charges so much. 

In group #2, there is an element of compassion, but also an element of: "b---h needs to find a way to do tours  faster so she can put out new music sooner."

Because the logical way to protect Gaga's hip would be to do less intense chereo. And what's the point of killing herself with intense dancing, if you can only see her as a tiny spec in a giant stadium?

high heeled fem

she better not

her london show to 80,000 was horrible she was like a dot :'( far away

her shows at the o2 were great

STUFF STADIUM SHOWS  :fthis:

cdparky

And as far as what "concert experience" is better. I attended the Monster Ball in both an arena (AT&T Center - San Antonio) and a stadium (Mexico City), and let me tell you, the show was 100 times better in Mexico than in San Antonio. Same for the BTWB. A stadium gives it much more energy no matter what.

Latin American audiences are pretty much the best there are. It's a different culture and attitude to shows, not the difference between a stadium and an arena.

Archived