Jump to content
politics

US enters government shutdown


Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

The United States government shut down early Wednesday morning, setting the stage for the furlough of hundreds of thousands of federal workers and the shuttering of a slew of key programs and services.

The full shutdown began after top Democrats and Republicans, including President Donald Trump, failed to agree on a short-term deal to keep the government funded.

Democrats, led by Sen. Chuck Schumer and Rep. Hakeem Jeffries, demand that any stopgap funding measure include an extension of enhanced Obamacare tax credits.

Trump suggested Tuesday that his administration could take major actions during a shutdown, including cutting government benefits for “large numbers of people.”

The Senate adjourned after last-ditch votes on Republican and Democratic funding proposals both failed to pass.

Source: https://www.cnbc.com/2025/10/01/government-shutdown-trump-live-updates.html

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lord Mayhem

Now Trump will go after Democrats even harder...:messga:

I fear this is now a domino effect heading toward an ugly end...:saladga:

Link to post
Share on other sites

TheEmperor

What do you think will be the consequences of this? I will travel to the US next week.. I'm already stressed of flying so I'm scared that there will be less safety in plane traffic? :traumatica: 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Roughhouse Dandy
1 minute ago, TheEmperor said:

What do you think will be the consequences of this? I will travel to the US next week.. I'm already stressed of flying so I'm scared that there will be less safety in plane traffic? :traumatica: 

Don't worry about plane safety on account of the shutdown, bb. They literally haven't stopped a single attacker since they beefed up security after the twin towers. 

As for the consequences: this is detailed in Project 2025

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.
Link to post
Share on other sites

berlinforme
4 minutes ago, TheEmperor said:

What do you think will be the consequences of this? I will travel to the US next week.. I'm already stressed of flying so I'm scared that there will be less safety in plane traffic? :traumatica: 

You will be fine and nothing will happen. :kara:
 

But for anybody planning to travel to the US in the next months/years, I always ask people whether they would have liked vacationing in 1930s Germany. :vegas:

Link to post
Share on other sites

TheEmperor
2 minutes ago, berlinforme said:

You will be fine and nothing will happen. :kara:
 

But for anybody planning to travel to the US in the next months/years, I always ask people whether they would have liked vacationing in 1930s Germany. :vegas:

I know it's not an ideal period. But me and my husband had this plan of going when we would be 35 years old. So we planned this for a long time.

Also I am not really sure if better times are ahead of us and if waiting would make a difference :huntyga:

Link to post
Share on other sites

TheARTPOPball
1 hour ago, TheEmperor said:

What do you think will be the consequences of this? I will travel to the US next week.. I'm already stressed of flying so I'm scared that there will be less safety in plane traffic? :traumatica: 

Although the government is involved in flight safety, it’s also a part of the airport, and commercial aviation business models. Meaning even without the government’s interference, your safety and the crews safety is still their #1 priority 😋

Also, the political climate seems to be very scary over here, but honestly its nowhere near as wild as the media makes it seem to be, it’s still generally safe here! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

RochesterJoannster
14 minutes ago, MayhemMadness said:

This is bad right? How bad is it really?

He did it before, so it’s not anything new. It’s just stupid. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bronco

The Dems picked the wrong budget showdown to turn up to.
They had the chance at the start of the admin to play hardball and disrupt the admin before it had got itself organised and they caved. 

Now they decide to turn up at the exact time that a shutdown will help the aims of the White House.

The gays know how to party
Link to post
Share on other sites

Petie Estie

I really don't understand how shutting the government down is leverage for democrats when republicans entire ideology is based on shutting the government down like...idk...maybe I'm exaggerating lol 

Call your therapist...it's Petie Estie
Link to post
Share on other sites

NotoriousEden
29 minutes ago, Bronco said:

The Dems picked the wrong budget showdown to turn up to.
They had the chance at the start of the admin to play hardball and disrupt the admin before it had got itself organised and they caved. 

Now they decide to turn up at the exact time that a shutdown will help the aims of the White House.

They’re blabbering fools. God we need to vote all of the current Dem leadership out and get competent people in that have balls

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...