Jump to content
music news

Doja Cat drops out of Austin City Limits, The Killers announced as replacement


TaylorSwift

Featured Posts

TaylorSwift

One of Austin City Limits Music Festival’s top headliners has dropped out, just weeks ahead of the fest. Luckily, organizers have already filled the hole in the schedule.

Doja Cat posted on social media Friday morning, announcing that she had to pull out of performing at ACL. She shared the following message on her Instagram story:

“Unfortunately, I will not be performing at Austin City Limits this year. When I made the commitment I didn’t know exactly when Vie would be released. I’ve been working on finalizing the album, making videos, taking the time to put together an album campaign that I am really excited about, and it’s become clear to me that I cannot give you guys the show you deserve within this time frame. Thank you to the ACL team for their support and I hope to see you all again soon when the time is right. I’m forever grateful for the opportunity.”

“Vie” is Doja Cat’s fifth album, which is set to be released Sept. 26, according to Variety.

Austin City Limits will take place Oct. 3-5 and 10-12.

ACL posted on X shortly after Doja Cat’s announcement on Instagram, saying, “Unfortunately, Doja Cat will no longer be able to perform at ACL Festival this year. Stay tuned for your updated headliner.”

Less than five minutes later, ACL posted again, announcing The Killers as the new Sunday night headliners.

Vote for me: https://www.grammy.com/vote/taylor-swift
Link to post
Share on other sites

HeavyMetal Halcyon

I don’t understand why her and her team wouldn’t try and use that spot to promote the new album? It feels to me like a wasted opportunity! Not an extra obligation that she didn’t have time to prepare for??? They book these festivals like.. a year to a year and a half in advance. It’s not like this blindsided her… 

Chromatica Forever
Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...