Jump to content
The Evolution of Gaga
music news

Karol G to headline Halftime Show in São Paulo


TaylorSwift

Featured Posts

TaylorSwift

The Grammy award-winning musician will headline a halftime show during YouTube’s first exclusive NFL broadcast next month, which will stream live from Corinthians Arena in São Paulo, Brazil on Sept. 5. That’s the NFL week 1 matchup between the Los Angeles Chargers and the reigning AFC-winning Kansas City Chiefs.

“This year has been truly rewarding, and the timing of this opportunity — to be part of such an important moment like YouTube’s first-ever NFL live broadcast — is perfect,” the singer shared in an exclusive written statement. “With my latest album ‘Tropicoqueta,’ I set out to represent the many facets of my Latin culture, something I’m incredibly passionate about in everything I do. I’m excited to bring that same energy and pride to this global stage and honored to continue elevating Latin culture on such a monumental platform.”

It’s a natural pairing. Karol G is a global superstar, American football is growing in popularity worldwide, and many of the world’s most ardent music fans call Brazil home — it’s one of the many reasons “Come to Brazil” has become a stalwart meme, a three-word stand-in for the ultimate expression of fandom.

“Our goal is to highlight the excitement and Americana of the NFL, but do this thoughtfully in a way that plays to local cultures, practices and traditions,” said Tim Tubito, senior director of global game presentation and entertainment at the NFL.

Booking Karol G “not only excites our fans and pays homage to their culture in South America, but has an impact on a global scale,” he added. “We hope all of our fans are ready for a historic celebration.”

The game is free to stream for fans across the globe, exclusively through YouTube and YouTube TV. It begins at 5 p.m. Pacific / 8 p.m. Eastern / 9 p.m. BRT (local time). A pre-show kicks off an hour earlier.

apnews.com/

 

Vote for me: https://www.grammy.com/vote/taylor-swift
Link to post
Share on other sites

Economy

When I think of Carol G I always imagine another Rita Ora i dunno why...

 

Both feel irrelevant yet somehow very known at the same time :enigma:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Plastic Flower
23 minutes ago, Economy said:

When I think of Carol G I always imagine another Rita Ora i dunno why...

 

Both feel irrelevant yet somehow very known at the same time :enigma:

Difference is that Karol is actually relevant and not meme material :ladyhaha: she's one of the biggest names in LATAM today. 

Drop it
Link to post
Share on other sites

Juanjo

Latinos in da house! Mi gente Latinoooo! I don’t love Carol G’s music, but what she has accomplished as a solo Latin singer is out of this world. Congrats, Carol G! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...