dynamite 67,723 Posted August 8, 2025 Share Posted August 8, 2025 14 minutes ago, Babel said: Who said she wanted IWBWU instead? I couldn't find the receipts on that one I found this from the Artrave At the Phoenix rave tonight, she said that her label made her change the original "I Wanna Be With U" into a song that was "more relatable". So Gaga said she made "Dope" Like a poem said by a neydy in red Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Prigari 1,054 Posted August 8, 2025 Share Posted August 8, 2025 40 minutes ago, dynamite said: I found this from the Artrave At the Phoenix rave tonight, she said that her label made her change the original "I Wanna Be With U" into a song that was "more relatable". So Gaga said she made "Dope" She don’t really say that if i remember correctly, the label was loving “i wanna be with u” because ballad where full hyped with adele and everything at this time and so she made dope like a provocation “ if you want a very sad ballad, let’s go for that” Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
dynamite 67,723 Posted August 8, 2025 Share Posted August 8, 2025 5 minutes ago, Prigari said: She don’t really say that if i remember correctly, the label was loving “i wanna be with u” because ballad where full hyped with adele and everything at this time and so she made dope like a provocation “ if you want a very sad ballad, let’s go for that” She says it at the end "We like that I wanna be with you song but we'd like it to be more relatable" But I do also remember what you're saying Like a poem said by a neydy in red Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
monketsharona 90,847 Posted August 8, 2025 Share Posted August 8, 2025 Just my opinion but Dope is too personal and deep for the audience to fully connect with this song. I Wanna Be With You was about her need to connect with her fans and the audience while performing after being obliged to cancel BTWB. I'm sure IWBWY would have been a fan fave + cult classic if she released this one. Anyway Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Franch Toast 27,799 Posted August 8, 2025 Share Posted August 8, 2025 Can't wait for the meltdowns when she takes her bows to "Dope" tonight. She/Her/Hers Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
monketsharona 90,847 Posted August 8, 2025 Share Posted August 8, 2025 Just now, Franch Toast said: Can't wait for the meltdowns when she takes her bows to "Dope" tonight. Who would melt down ? she's clearly playing the full album (minus the one with the rapist). Dope is coming and that's just... logical ? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
southpaw773 4,454 Posted August 8, 2025 Share Posted August 8, 2025 6 hours ago, Takox said: Harlequin next The meltdowns if she does Happy Mistake I might need a hero to save me from breaking Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
monketsharona 90,847 Posted August 8, 2025 Share Posted August 8, 2025 7 minutes ago, LadyEnigma said: Do we still think that the ARTPOP songs are a countdown to dead dance? I’m not paying attention to the order of the shows bc am I dumb and it’s lining up with a break? Dead Dance is coming next month, confirmed by both Variety and THR Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ladle Ghoulash 55,392 Posted August 8, 2025 Share Posted August 8, 2025 1 hour ago, Babel said: Who said she wanted IWBWU instead? I couldn't find the receipts on that one Yeah, it was actually the other way around. She wrote IWBWY and her label wanted to promote a more digestible ballad as a single and it sounds to me like she rewrote it as Dope to tell them to **** off lol We have forgotten our public MANNERS Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ladle Ghoulash 55,392 Posted August 8, 2025 Share Posted August 8, 2025 8 minutes ago, southpaw773 said: The meltdowns if she does Happy Mistake Yeah, I would probably freak out if she did one of her best ballads too tbh We have forgotten our public MANNERS Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ladle Ghoulash 55,392 Posted August 8, 2025 Share Posted August 8, 2025 19 minutes ago, monketsharona said: Who would melt down ? she's clearly playing the full album (minus the one with the rapist). Dope is coming and that's just... logical ? I sincerely doubt she’s going to play Dope lol We have forgotten our public MANNERS Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
monketsharona 90,847 Posted August 8, 2025 Share Posted August 8, 2025 Just now, Ladle Ghoulash said: I sincerely doubt she’s going to play Dope lol Well not long to know. People were doubting for both Jewels and Drug and Fashion! It's her last show before the break and Dope is the last song from ARTPOP... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ladle Ghoulash 55,392 Posted August 8, 2025 Share Posted August 8, 2025 Just now, monketsharona said: Well not long to know. People were doubting for both Jewels and Drug and Fashion! It's her last show before the break and Dope is the last song from ARTPOP... I mean, tbf, I never doubted she’s do either of those. I just don’t see Dope as a song that would fit this section (hyping up the crowd, people dancing etc). We have forgotten our public MANNERS Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
dynamite 67,723 Posted August 8, 2025 Share Posted August 8, 2025 8 minutes ago, Ladle Ghoulash said: I mean, tbf, I never doubted she’s do either of those. I just don’t see Dope as a song that would fit this section (hyping up the crowd, people dancing etc). Are you ready Madonsters Put your ****ing hands up!!!!!!! Cork's off, it's on The party's just begun Like a poem said by a neydy in red Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Perfect Celebrity 1,622 Posted August 8, 2025 Share Posted August 8, 2025 I was hoping for J&D so bad. I’m freaked when it started playing!! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.