question

Is Gaga sad?

InTheCloset

Featured Posts

InTheCloset

Gaga seemed very enthusiastic about new music this time before Joker. She seemed so happy and was enjoying it. But now she and her team are silent. Did the reception to Joker and Harlequin disappoint her and now lg7 is another project that she wants to get done and over with.
I just really hope that she is truly happy and healthy 

Where's the spunk, Adam?
  • LMAO 10
  • Love 1

People need to understand (especially fans) that promoting a song by an A-list artist will never depend entirely on the mood that artist is in, simply because there's just too much money involved. If that weren't the case, if a label could change trajectory based on an artist's mood, the ARTPOP era would have been nonexistent, because she was feeling down. But it wasn't. It existed and it was plagued with events and interviews and promotional material. The music industry doesn't speak in feelings or emotions, much less in the feelings and emotions of a single person, and we shouldn't put on rose-colored glasses when analyzing these kinds of things.

Edited by Jill
This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.
  • Like 35
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 10

CatelynnMarie

I don’t think so! I think this silence is truly part of the promo for lg7. This entire time with teasing over the year, she’s been extremely cryptic and silent on anything involving the album. The music has a very haunting, dark vibe. Maybe she wants to go into it in a haunting way like this. Time will tell, but it’s never a bad idea to send positive energy regardless. I honestly don’t think Joker’s reception is the total reason for the silence. Possible it affected subtly, but I don’t believe it is THE reason

Edited by CatelynnMarie
  • Like 8

Decodekid

I don't really think Joker or anything will interfere will LG7. There's many things that have already been done and need to be put out, there's contracts and legal stuff. Even if she's Lady Gaga you can't just back out.

However, I do understand what everyone's been feeling these days as Gaga is generally present and talkative whenever an era begins, hopefully that'll start on Monday. 

Long Live Gretchen
  • Like 1

People picked up on her lack of enthusiasm from the very start of the Joker promo already. Maybe she saw the writing on the wall as soon as the first screening, maybe it's something else.

She seems to rely a lot on her fiancé's support and creative ideas rn. He was the one who was excited about her re-entering her "true self" persona and giving the fans what they wanted. It's possible she herself is less invested and is, understandably, dreading to enter this era, esp as the springboard for it flopped.

• Like 1

Luna Lovegood

Her silence is truly deafening tbh. If nothing picks up by the next few days, something is definitely off.

luna’s advocate
  • Like 12

Decodekid
1 minute ago, Didymus said:

People picked up on her lack of enthusiasm from the very start of the Joker promo already. Maybe she saw the writing on the wall as soon as the first screening, maybe it's something else.

She seems to rely a lot on her fiancé's support and creative ideas rn. He was the one who was excited about her re-entering her "true self" persona and giving the fans what they wanted. It's possible she herself is less invested and is, understandably, dreading to enter this era, esp as the springboard for it flopped.

Yes and no, she's been very vocal about how she's feeling regarding her music and this album before we knew about Michael in that vogue interview. 

Long Live Gretchen
  • Like 5

David Ward
11 minutes ago, CatelynnMarie said:

I think so! I think this silence is truly part of the promo for lg7. This entire time with teasing over the year, she’s been extremely cryptic and silent on anything involving the album. The music has a very haunting, dark vibe. Maybe she wants to go into it in a haunting way like this. Time will tell, but it’s never a bad idea to send positive energy regardless. I honestly don’t think Joker’s reception is the total reason for the silence. Possible it affected subtlety, but I don’t believe it is THE reason  

You look familiar! Did you used to stay at the covenant house in atlantic city in 2013?? Because I may know you

Joker 2 flopping must've been sad for her, but I think people are putting too much emphasis on that. Gaga's no stranger to controversy and having projects that don't work out. Also, people forgot about the movie almost immediately after the first weekend. Honestly atp, it feels like Joker happened a lifetime ago. Everyone's moved on, and I'm sure Gaga has too.

I don't think she's sad or in a negative headspace, I think that her silence is part of some promo strategy. Cause let's recognize this: it's not just her that's silent. The promo's been minimal for Disease. It's not like Interscope and everyone on her team is doing stuff and she's just saying nothing. I really do think they just want to let the song breathe over the weekend and then next week we'll get more stuff. 

Edited by Reality
𝕀𝕗 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕨𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕒 𝕤𝕚𝕟𝕟𝕖𝕣, 𝕀 𝕔𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕕 𝕞𝕒𝕜𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕓𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕖𝕧𝕖
  • Like 5

MadArchitect

No, thats how you feel about her silence and the joker reception, Gaga has her own feelings that we cant know for sure, but based on what she has said and expressed in recent interview, she feels very good in her creativity and the music for the new album, and also in the joker movie, and she doesnt have a reason to lie, which also doesnt mean she has to be posting in socialmendia and promoting like crazy, i think you're just acostumed to that mass press way of promoting music, Gaga did that when she wanted to reach people from all round the world and find her audience, now she that she has done that and is an stablished artist she doesnt need to do that anymore, just focusing on her craft and creaivity and sharing it with us when shes ready...

Edited by MadArchitect
  • Like 1

lastpopicon

She might be disappointed with the joker reception but at the end of the day is not her fault, she's not responsible and she did an amazing job what she was given.

I doubt she's sad, the song is getting insane critical acclaim and had very strong debut numbers, in a way the silence makes people talk even more, stan twitter and the many threads about this are proof of that.

The melody that you choose can rescue you
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Didymus said:

This kinda gives the whole "BloodPop forced her to do Chromatica!" rhetoric tbh, and I was never a fan of that. Michael encouraged her to do a pop album, but at the end of the day it's Gaga's career and she has to be the one to put in the work. And for what it's worth, it looked like she was extremely happy making this album. She was excited sharing the snippets in Paris and she's expressed multiple times in Joker interviews that she felt free making LG7.

From what we know of LG7, it seems like a return to form for Gaga, which requires a lot of emotional investment on her part. I don't think she's "dreading to enter this era." 

𝕀𝕗 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕨𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕒 𝕤𝕚𝕟𝕟𝕖𝕣, 𝕀 𝕔𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕕 𝕞𝕒𝕜𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕓𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕖𝕧𝕖
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 7