Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
opinion

Am I the only one worried

chathonnete

Featured Posts

HotLikeMexico

Yall are so dramatic sometimes. Stop revolving your lives on pop stars. 

Edited by HotLikeMexico
  • Like 1

Mr S

She can't postpone or cancel it. The current hate train sucks but people are not blaming Gaga. She's kind of getting  a free pass, ditto for Phoenix. This is not Glitter. 

If she postpones it, the media will blame it on the FAD bombing to make sense of it, which is not a good look. 

• Like 2

Bronco

Honestly the only possible way its been pushed in my mind is if the plan was for a surprise announcement today for a release tomorrow. 

Because no way on earth would any pop act announce a surprise release today given the Liam Paine headlines. They'd be crucified for insensitivity. Way better to delay 1 week. Obviously it is different for anything preannounced for tomorrow.

• Like 2

Borisapillar
39 minutes ago, QueenMortuana said:

There are bigger things to worry about.

Yeah like the album getting delayed :franminervini:

• LMAO 2

pachinko

I am worried The Joker flop is impacting her mental health. LG7 will be cancelled. :huntyga:

The joker is me, the joker is me, the flop is me. :trollga:

Edited by pachinko

madmagical6

At least we know there's only one .pre Friday left of the month, not counting tomorrow. :awesome:

hijadeputa

I agree with everyone here saying why the phuck she would postpone it. It’s obviously coming next week as its the last Friday of October. It does feel eternal tho 

• Like 1

StrawberryBlond

I'm amazed that anyone thinks an flop film Gaga played a supporting role in will in any way affect her musical output. She's appealing to very different audiences. Joker fans, (apart from the ones who are also Gaga fans of course) will not care about what she does or does not release musically. She'll still have her fans who support her and the support of radio stations who will be appreciating how successfully DWAS has been recently. Very smart to release that beforehand, it's softened the blow of the negative press attention on the movie. Gaga fans are ready and after the recent flop, will be more determined than ever to go balls to the wall with supporting her new music.

Many singers have put out a flop movie before putting out a well-received album: Rihanna acted in Battleship, a movie which flopped at the box office, lost its studio $150 million, got bad critic reviews and got nominated for 6 Razzies, including her win for worst supporting actress...and then she put out Unapologetic months later, the #1 album with her career defining hit, Diamonds and other big hit, Stay, ended up selling 4 million copies and producing a successful tour. Justin Timberlake put out flop movie, Runner Runner (7% approval ratings) the same year he put out his big comeback album, The 20/20 Experience Part 1 and 2, with his big hit, Mirrors, and his successful tour. Madonna's released flop films with bad reception and Razzie wins her entire career and that didn't stop her having big hit singles, albums and tours. Cinema audience and music audience are 2 completely different entities. 

• Thanks 3

tyler k

another day another thread about the single being delayed :huntyga:

enough, please 

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee
  • Like 1

Anderson123

Sis we got Chromatica while in the middle of a pandemic, George Floyd protests, Black Lives Matter, people dying. Trust me, she's not going to move LG7 plans because of a flop movie.

• Thanks 4

Borisapillar
19 minutes ago, Alvitr said:

This is actually funny. The moon phase symbology/theory is paid to dust. 

well yeah it was made up