💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

movie

Joker: FAD projected to lose up to $200M

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

mamo
18 minutes ago, SpadesToStart said:

I read that Gaga signed on before the script was complete. That’s still ultimately on her, but between not being able to see the finished script, many scenes being reworked on the day of filming, and the pile of Lee stuff that was left on the cutting room floor, it’s clear she probably didn’t get what she originally hoped out of the project. It’s definitely a lesson for her to take forward into her acting career.

But hell, the mere concept of a Joker+Harley musical that’s also a sequel to a film that made $1B and won Oscars would probably be enough to get me to sign on at an early stage too if I were her :shrug:

The concept of the film was great don't get me wrong but the execution was so poor. It may have sounded tempting to sign on but also a massive risk which in the end didn't pay off at all unfortunately. I hope she can recover from this and sign on to a better film because I truly enjoy her as an actress.

13 minutes ago, Ivy said:

I can imagine that she really believes in the message behind it, and she said in one interview about how she liked that Todd was taking a risk, maybe she just didn't imagine it this bad of a reaction :alsemanche:

This is why you have agents and a team. They're supposed to protect you from these sorts of blunders by helping you pick good roles + scripts. Although I'm pretty sure Gaga just signed on because she wanted to but this can also be a negative. I feel like she's too trusting of people who don't have her best interests at heart and I believe Todd Phillips didn't handle the character of Lee with any care at all. I still can't believe how much she was side-lined in the film. I understand the film is about Joker but when you cast THE Lady Gaga and completely underuse her...what an epic failure as a director. The vision of the film was a mess. It didn't know what it wanted to be and with that came its lackluster reception. Quite sad as the film had so much potential. 

Edited by mamo
you can serve it to me ancient city style...
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

SpiritBunny

The concept was doomed from the get. You guys don’t realize the majority of comic book fans are misogynistic or incels who hate women and are always complaining about how woke Hollywood is. Singing in the movie was never going to work commercially. 

• Like 6

Ashley
18 minutes ago, mamo said:

This is the exact problem. 

Signing on when the script isn't finished is a HUGE gamble. I truly believe Gaga thought she'd have a more substantial role at hand but they completely f*cked her over in the edit. I actually feel so bad for her because no-one protected her from this absolute ****-show. She needs to work with people who know how to write/direct complex female characters because Lee was so poorly mishandled imo.

Yes that’s true. Though again he probably would have still rewritten it several times even if she were given a finished script. :sweat: I guess there’s no predicting that. But I agree that she should work with directors that have a more direct vision.

• Like 1

ThisGuyTony

Reminder that this bomb belongs to Todd and Joaquin :vegas: 

Gaga’s acting was praised and she was only in the movie for 50-ish minutes 

• Thanks 1

Economy
1 hour ago, mamo said:

Flop after flop after flop! 

When I think about it, I really don't understand why Gaga decided to take on this role at all. The character of Lee was so poorly written and two dimensional even though her performance was great. I truly hope she picks better roles/scripts/directors in the future because she truly does not deserve to be associated with this mess at all! Literally the only good thing to come out of this for her was Harlequin. As a fan it truly sucks to see Gaga's potential being wasted when we ALL know what she's capable of. It's time for her to star in her own film where she's the sole lead and also a script that preferably doesn't involve another man. 

Also the marketing for this film was absolutely abysmal. They should NOT have premiered at Venice so early on because the negative reviews and reactions really hurt its overall box office performance. Word of mouth is REAL especially for a film like this. Had it just been released worldwide on October 4th, I'm pretty sure the box-office would have performed a lot better. Warner Bros and Todd Phillips truly fumbled the bag and messed with this film's potential completely. 

And don't get me started on Todd Phillips...talk about being your own worst enemy. 

At the time Gaga agreed she may not have known how the script was gonna be finalized

LateToCult

Relax. This is the humiliation ritual that comes with renewing an Illuminati contract. LG7 about to smash!!!

• LMAO 7

G U C C I

All this talk of her picking better roles in the future, but I honestly don’t think she is being offered better roles. There would be more chatter in the trades with her name in the mix and while occasionally she is brought up, it’s never with any real substance or rumor behind it. I don’t see smaller directors/studios coming for big name A+ stars like her and bigger Oscar caliber directors have only claimed they would like to work with her someday but not that they have offered her a role or even seriously considered her for any. I still very much get the impression she is not fully taken seriously or respected as an actress. Based off the articles written since JFAD premier it doesn’t seem like Warner Bros or even Todd really respected her either to a certain degree. If they did they wouldn’t have made the comments about her not connecting with the male audience or improvising on set.

Regardless of what she thought or was promised from Todd, this was always going to be a supporting role to Joaquin. Warner Bros are who hold the ultimate blame in allowing Todd so much freedom. Todd is a pretentious asshole and comes off slightly misogynistic himself. He was never going to write a female character to the quality of Arthur Fleck but I did not expect it to be as bad as it was. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

sarahb

Meh, tell me anyone who's career has been perfect and every single project they were involved in was successful.

At the end of the day she's a millionaire that could live very comfortably the rest of her life without lifting a finger so I ain't gonna lose sleep over it :oops:

Edited by sarahb
  • Like 1

Juanjo

If we compare FAD to Glitter, Crossroads (2002) and Cats, which one is the biggest flop? :ohno:

EDIT: Crossroads actually slayed at the global box office and turned a good profit! :legend:

Edited by Juanjo

Jill
4 hours ago, Morphine Prince said:

I would argue it will lose even more as it needs $450-500M to BREAK EVEN. More so $500M. 

Are you a fan or a hater? :kry:

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

Anderson123
3 hours ago, ThisGuyTony said:

34 mins. 

• Like 1

Morphine Prince
56 minutes ago, Jill said:

Are you a fan or a hater? :kry:

I’m a box office nerd :vegas:

ChicaSkas

I'm so sad. It went from playing through November in my theater to ending in 3 days.

I really got to see it quickly in the theater or not see it at all. 

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk
  • Sad 1

ChicaSkas
1 hour ago, Juanjo said:

If we compare FAD to Glitter, Crossroads (2002) and Cats, which one is the biggest flop? :ohno:

EDIT: Crossroads actually slayed at the global box office and turned a good profit! :legend:

Cats is unwatchable

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

MessyTop
3 hours ago, ThisGuyTony said:

This! Gaga is unscratched! She’s been praised, the movie is a flop and is the directors fault. She’s gonna be ok, she’s a star