Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
opinion

Please stop setting LG7 up to tank

StarstruckIllusion

Featured Posts

StarstruckIllusion

…by calling it a halloween song.

this-is-crazy.gif

Just because she’s releasing near Halloween, doesn’t mean you all, as fans, need to brand the song as a halloween song.

Obv Gaga has explored dark art and pop before, but the reason they’re timeless bops is because her focus was not to be cartoonishly spooky.

Let’s not flatten LG7’s complex meanings, nor regulate it to only be relevant for 1-3 weeks because Thanksgiving and Christmas are already coming to dominate the vibes.

If yall want Gaga’s AIWFCIY, let it be from a side project like Harlequin - or something Gaga clearly wants to do.

Releasing a new song before one of the biggest party weekends of the year is just… smart. So please be normal about the new song :green:

-

Um that’s all feel free to fight me in the replies x :whitney:

• Like 13

HelloHangoverz

Halloween is every ghei's favourite holiday which is why she's releasing when she is. let's be real. pride? too obvious. she's always one step ahead, even if it's not a song about halloween

4a5001b7beea096457f480c8808572428b-09-ro

my head is filled with broken mirrors, so many I can't look away
  • LMAO 1

Reality

I celebrate Halloween all year and couldn't care less for Thanksgiving and Christmas. So no, I will continue to brand it a Halloween song even when I'm playing it in the middle of April :gaycat:

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SpiritBunny

We don’t have the power to cause a song to fail. If the song is good enough it will perform well on the charts. Thank you!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

elijahfan

Why don’t we wait for the damn record to be released before we say for certain what it is and what it’s not?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

PartySick

Friendly reminder that Thriller was released in November and became the quintessential Halloween anthem.

For all we know, LG7's lead could become a 4th of July track or Arbor Day or something :ladyhaha:

There's no need to be so serious! You're gonna die some day!
  • Like 5

Gorehound
17 minutes ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

…by calling it a halloween song.

her focus was not to be cartoonishly spooky.

I don't think (or hope) ppl on here actually think the lead single will be spooky halloween themed. I certainly don't! (That's something Katy Perry would do lol)

We're just saying it'll most likely be a halloween smash like Bad Romance was, just because it's likely gonna sound dark and deep, be a dancy anthem, and be released near Halloween. That's all. 

And I'll certainly be headbanging tf to it full volume while blitz out of my brains in my JD-stained Dipsy costume this Halloween even if it ends up being a country ballad! :woot:

Edited by Gorehound
I'm fine, Ta
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1

StarstruckIllusion
3 minutes ago, Reality said:

I celebrate Halloween all year and couldn't care less for Thanksgiving and Christmas. So no, I will continue to brand it a Halloween song even when I'm playing it in the middle of April :gaycat:

I said “to tank” and not “youre not allowed to like the song after November 1st”… I’ll be streaming for the rest of my life trust 

2 minutes ago, SpiritBunny said:

We don’t have the power to cause a song to fail. If the song is good enough it will perform well on the charts. Thank you!!

True, but fans calling it a halloween song through word of mouth is not helpful at all, thanks!

Reality
3 minutes ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

I said “to tank” and not “youre not allowed to like the song after November 1st”… I’ll be streaming for the rest of my life trust 

Well if the song's good, it won't tank regardless of whether it's a "Halloween" song or not :trollga: 

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹

StarstruckIllusion
3 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Friendly reminder that Thriller was released in November and became the quintessential Halloween anthem.

For all we know, LG7's lead could become a 4th of July track or Arbor Day or something :ladyhaha:

Iconic, but we live in a completely different era. People will be over Halloween by early November, and will either switch to the normal music, or Christmas music. 

Gaga is most likely releasing a normal, dark song a la Bad Romance so let’s do that

1 minute ago, Gorehound said:

I don't think (or hope) ppl on here actually think the lead single will be spooky halloween themed. I certainly don't! (That's something Katy Perry would do lol)

We're just saying it'll most likely be a halloween smash like Bad Romance was, just because it's most likely gonna sound dark and deep, be a dancy anthem, and be released near Halloween. That's all. 

I hope youre right but that’s absolutely not the vibe I’ve been constantly reading across all the Monster platforms I’ve seen the last few weeks

I think Gaga herself is gonna push the song as you described, but the hardcore fans need to align with her and not her pulling a tacky Katy move

• Like 2

PartySick
Just now, StarstruckIllusion said:

Iconic, but we live in a completely different era. People will be over Halloween by early November, and will either switch to the normal music, or Christmas music. 

Gaga is most likely releasing a normal, dark song a la Bad Romance so let’s do that

Well now I'm kinda determined to make it work as an Arbor Day anthem :shrug:

There's no need to be so serious! You're gonna die some day!

Gorehound
2 minutes ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

I think Gaga herself is gonna push the song as you described, but the hardcore fans need to align with her and not her pulling a tacky Katy move

well unfortunately a lot of Gaga fans are tacky so that can't rly be helped :shrug:

I'm fine, Ta
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 2