Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
music news

Vinyl Sales Plummets 33% After A Decade Of Rapid Growth

RAMROD

Featured Posts

littlepotter

I'm not surprised, always seemed like it would be a fad.

chaeri pls

HelloHangoverz
1 minute ago, Hyperobject said:

I’m hoping this will finally stop this unnecessary vinyl craze tbh, it’s just annoying atp 

people don’t listen to them, no one needs 10 versions of the same song or album on a freaking vinyl disk lol, like CDs are just way more convenient, invest in that, labels?! 

Let's go back to simpler times where you get a regular CD, a deluxe CD and then a super ****ing cool amazing edition only available in Japan that you have to pay £££ to import. then some random super rare edition with a slight difference in like....lithuania haha

my head is filled with broken mirrors, so many I can't look away
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

southpaw773

Well it’s certainly not my fault. I went from 35 vinyls in 2019 to almost 400 now. Lol. Give me all the vinyls. I stream and get vinyl to have something physical. Also forces me more to listen all the way thru instead of the ever convenient skip button. 

Moon dust gets everywhere

alsemanche

i would be buying many more had shipping not been insanely expensive

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Westerosi

I buy vinyls for my sister when she really likes an album or an artist. She listens to vinyls purely for the quality of the sound.

If you're buying every variant to support your fav - cool! But most vinyl listeners are more concerned with the quality of the music, especially if it's analog. 

Pressing vinyls might make a master sound better, but, if it sounds poor in digital format, there's no real point in playing the vinyl imo.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Hyperobject
8 minutes ago, HelloHangoverz said:

Let's go back to simpler times where you get a regular CD, a deluxe CD and then a super ****ing cool amazing edition only available in Japan that you have to pay £££ to import. then some random super rare edition with a slight difference in like....lithuania haha

The way Japan ALWAYS gets this cool and fun deluxe editions… why?! do they even stream and buy foreign music that much?! I think not!!!

also, who the f**k wants to feel like a trophy wife in the 60s spinning them vinyls when you can feel like a cool kid from the early 00s with your CD player?! like c’mon!!! 

Edited by Hyperobject
  • Love 2
  • Sad 1

Hyperobject
3 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

i would be buying many more had shipping not been insanely expensive

so it’s all your fault, huh? :dom:

HelloHangoverz

The way Japan ALWAYS gets this cool and fun deluxe editions… why?! do they even stream and buy foreign music that much?! I think not!!!

also, who the f**k wants to feel like a trophy wife in 60s spinning them vinyls when you can feel like a cool kid from the early 00s with your CD player?! like c’mon!!! 

exactly!!! this is the vibe I get from CDs...infinitely better than vinyl to me

z

my head is filled with broken mirrors, so many I can't look away
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

alsemanche

so it’s all your fault, huh? :dom:

sorry @ vinyl industry for i have failed you :selena:

• LMAO 1

bionic
2 minutes ago, Hyperobject said:

also, who the f**k wants to feel like a trophy wife in 60s spinning them vinyls when you can feel like a cool kid from the early 00s with your CD player?! like c’mon!!! 

japanese distributors usually have deals with western record labels to give them bonus tracks to encourage japanese consumers to buy Japanese-produced versions of the album rather than import them from overseas

buy bionic
  • Like 1

Hyperobject
2 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

sorry @ vinyl industry for i have failed you :selena:

Taylor will see you in COURT

alsemanche
2 minutes ago, Hyperobject said:

Taylor will see you in COURT

i'd rather be thrown in jail immediately than be in her presence :alsemanche:

• LMAO 1

Hyperobject
9 minutes ago, HelloHangoverz said:

exactly!!! this is the vibe I get from CDs...infinitely better than vinyl to me

z

omg, yes! Maybe it’s the nostalgia in me or my obsession with the Y2K aesthetic, but CDs always felt like a good mix of futurism and past to me

Edited by Hyperobject
  • Love 1