Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
question

Is it time for Gaga to be a producer

Mr S

Featured Posts

Mr S

We saw with JFAD and how the people fumbled the bag big time with what looked like a decent story and incredible characters. Gaga basically did her part and did a great job but it wasn't enough as others weren't up to par. To prevent something like this happening again, should Gaga be involved in the production side of things? A lot of big name actors such and Brad Pitt are also producers for the film's they star in. Perhaps Gaga should do that to ensure her work is not going to waste?

• Love 2

Guillaume Hamon

Isn't it how Reese Witherspoon and Margot Robbie boosted their career?

If it is what it takes for her to get great non-musical roles that are more than "the girl who's so madly in love with the hero" ... I wish her that!

• Like 3

Bronco

Its too soon. Most actors that move into the production side do it after getting a good few years under the belt & proven success as an actor.

Reese Witherspoon's first major film she was a producer on was Gone Girl, 14 years after her first film credit and this was after she had secured an Oscar. Brad Pitt's first ever production credit came 19 years after his first film. 

• Thanks 1

nodandsmile

I was so confused reading the title I was like "Didn't she produce Harlequin?" :icant:

ot: she'll soon get to the age where she'll have to if she wants to work, very ageist industry!

Ashley

I think that’s a great idea. I’d love to see something where she has more involvement in the final product.

Monet
1 hour ago, Bronco said:

Its too soon. Most actors that move into the production side do it after getting a good few years under the belt & proven success as an actor.

Reese Witherspoon's first major film she was a producer on was Gone Girl, 14 years after her first film credit and this was after she had secured an Oscar. Brad Pitt's first ever production credit came 19 years after his first film. 

Margot Robbie released I, Tonya in 2017 tho. Her breakthrough in Hollywood was in The Wolf of Wall Street, so it was fast for her 

Bronco
34 minutes ago, Monet said:

Margot Robbie released I, Tonya in 2017 tho. Her breakthrough in Hollywood was in The Wolf of Wall Street, so it was fast for her 

Yeah but Margot Robbie set up her own production company with friends who were experienced in production & directing. 
A lot of the people we know as Gagas acting contemporaries are people like Bradley Cooper who clearly doesn't need to ally up with anyone to get a big break as a producer anymore. So I don't think Margot is the best example