💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

celeb

Todd/Joaquin’s movie has 90% drop in 2nd week

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

andy232000
16 minutes ago, RichAssPiss said:

This whole phenomenon is so strange to me. I never understood the success of the first movie. ButI also don't understand the failure of the sequel.

It's far from terrible. Makes more interesting choices than most Hollywood sequels. Beetlejuice Beetlejuice by comparison was so boring and unnecessary. There's something happening with thi sequel that's different from the first at least. 

People hating it this much feels weird. 

Its not that far fetched of you take into account the story has a fundamental problem and its direction goes against everything the fans of the first film wanted. Going against your own supporters is already a risky move, but also add an insane budget and full resistance to feedback and test screenings and its almost like the movie failure was what they were after. At least Todd Philips knew a lot of people would be turned off. Hell, I think we all knew it was gonna be controversial. We just did not know the story would be so so SO thin and bad that not even Gaga fans and the GP would hop on board. 

Finneas
43 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Joker FAD is a FLOP. 

OMG this is so embarrassing. Not even in my biggest nightmares I would imagine this level of flop 

Edited by Finneas

Meredith Grey
30 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Joker FAD is a FLOP. 

The morale of the story is that Gaga should get cast in terrifier 4.

• LMAO 6

SFDMQ

These people complain about Hollywood being boring and unoriginal. But when they get something that's bold and original, they're trashing it lol.

I see a lot of people refuse to watch the movie because of the bad reviews. I hope the movie gets released on streaming soon so these people would give it a chance and realize that it's actually not as bad as what people say.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

PopMusicForever
45 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Joker FAD is a FLOP. 

A 2$ million budget movie vs. $200 million budget movie 🤡 

Edited by PopMusicForever

LateToCult

“Welcome to Ms.Mojo and today we’re counting down our picks for biggest disappointments at the box office this century”

• LMAO 8

PartySick
36 minutes ago, andy232000 said:

Its not that far fetched of you take into account the story has a fundamental problem and its direction goes against everything the fans of the first film wanted. Going against your own supporters is already a risky move, but also add an insane budget and full resistance to feedback and test screenings and its almost like the movie failure was what they were after. At least Todd Philips knew a lot of people would be turned off. Hell, I think we all knew it was gonna be controversial. We just did not know the story would be so so SO thin and bad that not even Gaga fans and the GP would hop on board. 

I don't really understand this criticism tbh. Can you explain what fans of the first movie were asking for?

I LOVED the first movie and imo the second is a natural and satisfying continuation/conclusion to Arthur's character.

I really do think people are sh*tting on FAD for two reasons:

1) It's a musical. Which, fair, they intentionally played that down during the promotion which is a mistake on their part but it doesn't detract from the movie itself imo

2) Joker didn't become the "clown prince of crime" or whatever. And idk why anybody would expect Arthur Fleck, the man who couldn't even pull off a small club comedy set, to become the leader of a domestic terrorist group :enigma:  the whole sequel was centered around Joker being a symbol that he couldn't live up to and a role didn't want to play in the end. It's dark and depressing but damn satisfying :enigma:

Really not trying to get into the weeds defending this film but the hate is over the top and undeserved :laughga: it's an ok movie at worst, and if people don't like it that's fine, but to call it objectively bad? Nah.

There's no need to be so serious! You're gonna die some day!
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Guillaume Hamon

I swear we gonna have to deal with the annoying "it wasn't that bad actually" narrative in future.

Yeah the scenario is flawed ( Gaga's Lee is the first victim btw ) but GP not going at all based on the news is so lame.

Clearly it's about rejecting what's seen as gay or feminine like musicals/ romance movie/ Lady Gaga imo.

• Thanks 1

Mr Oak
36 minutes ago, Hyperobject said:

you make it sound like bad movies NEVER do good at box office lol 

Bad movies can be entertaining tho, thus doing good at box office, Joker FAD was not entertaining:traumatica:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

r4therupbeat
52 minutes ago, RichAssPiss said:

This whole phenomenon is so strange to me. I never understood the success of the first movie. ButI also don't understand the failure of the sequel.

It's far from terrible. Makes more interesting choices than most Hollywood sequels. Beetlejuice Beetlejuice by comparison was so boring and unnecessary. There's something happening with thi sequel that's different from the first at least. 

People hating it this much feels weird. 

people don't like to be misled. if the movie was labeled as a musical it would've done better

Lucas

With the media & social media hate campaign against it, it's to be expected. I don't watch Gaga content on social media yet I keep getting JFAD hate videos in all my recommendations & feeds...

• Like 2