Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
opinion

Harlequin was a brilliant move

ElectricChapelR

Featured Posts

ElectricChapelR

Let's get serious... There's no way in the world Gaga wouldn't know her screen time in this movie. Or the fact that maybe it's not such a good movie. Or that she simply wouldn't be the main character.

Releasing Harlequin was her way of making the most of this era, her character. She took the whole situation in her hands and created something that's really a good project. An amazing one. 

You may call it a damage control in her legacy but I'm thinking that  she didn't feel like she made the most of Joker proiect after seeing some of the final cuts.

I just love this album, it's simply very good. I think people will appreciate it more with time 

• Like 13
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 2

Red

The movie may not have met my expectations but I’m really glad Harlequin exists, it’s really special

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • Like 6
  • Love 2

MercifulAir

I thoroughly enjoy when she breaks the genre of her pop persona. I’m listening c2c right now. This music will be appreciated over time as all her music does. It was a great career move for her. 

• Like 1

Borisapillar

Harlequin is one of my favorite things she’s done in recent years 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Siena

Happy Mistake at Jimmy Kimmel has become one of my fave Gaga performances ever, so that alone is a reason Harlequin was a brilliant move. 

• Like 4
  • Love 4

ElectricChapelR
3 minutes ago, Siena said:

Happy Mistake at Jimmy Kimmel has become one of my fave Gaga performances ever, so that alone is a reason Harlequin was a brilliant move. 

Yes!

And also...

When the saints go marching in. What? Like that? Like she really delivered an incredible catchy and rock and roll - ish of rendition? Brilliant!

Edited by ElectricChapelR
  • Love 2

NATAH

i don't even like jazz but i just adore HQ for what it is... if you really put yourself in the shoes of Lee, you can feel the journey the tracklist takes you on

mother, what must i do?

Juanjo

It really is a beautiful project. The quality is there, as well as Gaga’s whole heart and love. She should be so proud. ❤️

Reality

Absolutely. Harlequin has become one of my favorite Gaga albums and it's like the one shining thing in this mess of an era :smh: After watching the film, when she kept saying "I wasn't done with Lee," it's clear to me that she wanted to explore the character more, but couldn't do so within the movie itself. The next best—and most logical—thing for her was to release this album.

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹
  • Love 1

JoeMo

Hmm.. I kinda disagree. Seeing that video of Gaga on TikTok after the premiere reacting to Joaquin.. that look of shock on her face, that seemed quite genuine. I think she believed in the vision and genuinely thought it would translate to the audience. I think it’s as big a shock to her as anyone.

Endearing though. I think it shows that she is authentic and gives 100% to every project she’s on. 

But - yes, I think retrospectively, Harlequin has been a good move. 

Edited by JoeMo
www.youtube.com/jmremixes

Schwerk

I agree, I always wanted her to take this approach be more relaxed yet conceptual with her albums. The artwork is amazing as well.

The only this is that the GP seems to confuse it with the Joker 2 soundtrack, which is unfortunate, seeing as the singing in the movie does not reflect what Gaga has to offer.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

AnglerfishbraBENUS

interesting that some of her jazz albums come at turning points for her career or are born out of them.