Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
celeb

Sarah Likes Post Shading Joker

Siena

Featured Posts

Siena

I enjoyed the film and have been trying to stay off social media to avoid the discourse, but was scrolling through insta and noticed this. Yikes :saladga: 

The comment suggests it's aimed at Todd and not Gaga obvs, but that's interesting she liked it in the first place when she literally worked on the film...

adda478e159dcd80ec83e8f139998ab8.png

• LMAO 4
  • Shook 2

Bradley

I lost a lot of respect for Todd Phillips after this project. Very few writers write and create from that authentic place of care and love for their characters. Todd is not one of them. He is so easily swayed by the audience and studio interference, he doesn't know how to stand his ground as an artist. Bradley does, and that's why ASIB and Maestro are masterpieces even if Bradley's reputation is pretty shaky itself. Even voters who found Bradley a bit dramatic cannot deny the merit in his directing, writing and acting.

Edited by Bradley
  • Like 2

Siena
3 minutes ago, Bradley said:

I lost a lot of respect for Todd Phillips after this project. Very few writers write and create from that authentic place of care and love for their characters. Todd is not one of them. Bradley is, and that's why ASIB and Maestro are masterpieces even if Bradley's reputation is pretty shaky itself.

I didn't watch a ton of Todd's interviews so I really don't know his mindset. However, out of all of the critiques I have seen about the film, cutting scenes that you relentlessly used for promo is the main thing I'm upset about, and doesn't seem respectful to the actor or the team. I can see how Gaga's team would feel upset that their hard work was basically just used for marketing. 

Edited by Siena

Bradley
4 minutes ago, Siena said:

I didn't watch a ton of Todd's interviews so I really don't know his mindset. However, out of all of the critiques I have seen about the film, cutting scenes that you relentlessly used for promo does is the main thing I'm upset about. I can see how Gaga's team would feel upset that their hard work was basically just used for marketing. 

Apart from that, he doesn't seem to care about Harley's complexity as a character than Joker. You can clearly see that in his writing. He builds his narrative around completely around Joker without much interest in Harley. And the whole "but the film is called Joker!" argument isn't even valid because plenty of movies centring around the male lead have been able to write very complex female leads alongside them.

Todd Phillips just doesn't understand what makes a woman complex. Bradley does. In his only two attempts at directing/writing a movie, his two female leads are nominated for Oscars (Carey Mulligan for Maestro, Gaga for ASIB).

Edited by Bradley
  • Like 4

Rahrahbitchson
6 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Bradley does, and that's why ASIB and Maestro are masterpieces even if Bradley's reputation is pretty shaky itself. Even voters who found Bradley a bit dramatic cannot deny the merit in his directing, writing and acting.

Loving how you stand and speak for yourself, the self love of it all :heart:

Edited by Rahrahbitchson
Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙
  • LMAO 16

ALGAYDO
20 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Wonder what their convos are like behind closed doors right now :enigma:

Sarah telling Gaga to quit acting and focus solely on selling makeup :cheeky:

• LMAO 2

LG2008

I was confused but after reading what Todd and that WB exec said, I hope this means that Gaga's team is ready to spill some tea. I don't care if we get in a messier situation, Gaga has to distance herself from this mess asap

llemesm

Well she has an opinion. 

Also she's not directly shading Gaga. The movie sucks, but it's direction/production fault. Gaga just played a character and that has nothing to do with the final product. JFAD is not a Gaga's product, it's a Todd Phillip's movie. 

nodandsmile

Gaga did not even make a post about it being out and spent a chunk of the press tour talking about music lol... they are all probably talking sh*t about it :icant:

• LMAO 1

Reality
55 minutes ago, LG2008 said:

I was confused but after reading what Todd and that WB exec said, I hope this means that Gaga's team is ready to spill some tea. I don't care if we get in a messier situation, Gaga has to distance herself from this mess asap

The best thing she could do to distance herself is move on to LG7, which she was planning to do anyways. I don't see any reason why she has to speak up about anything at this moment. Even taking into account Todd's and the WB exec's statement, I think most people still don't see Gaga as the problem. Most of the blame is falling on Todd and Joaquin. People are praising Gaga for the little screen time she had and/or are saying she's a victim of circumstance.

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹