Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
news

Gaga drew 39% of JFAD’s audience; Joaquin: 43%

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

ThisGuyTony

“Warner is reporting $40M this morning, others see it lower. Amazingly, the studio’s overseas $80M+ projection held up with what’s coming in at a $81.1M opening; total worldwide at $121.1M, not $140M+.

Clearly, no one wanted to see Joker 2 (though I know one person who did, who actually enjoyed it) especially when compared to the October record domestic start of the 2019 first film of $96.2M.

The only nice thing you can say about Joker: Folie à Deux‘s opening here is that when it comes to movie musicals, its stateside start is bigger than the entire domestic gross of Cats ($27.1M). 

More under the hood of Joker 2: Men over 25 attended the most at 41% with a 40% grade, followed by females over 25 with a 46% grade, men under 25 at 19% with a 34% grade, and women under 25 at 16% with a 45% grade. Sixty-three percent of the audience was 18-34. The diversity turnout was 43% Caucasian, 27% Latino and Hispanic, 8% Black, 17% Asian & 5% NatAm/Other. 

Forty-three percent went to Joker 2 because of Phoenix, 39% went because of Gaga, 39% also went because it was part of a franchise they love, 23% said it looked fun and entertaining, while only 7% –not that many– heard it was “good.”“

https://deadline.com/2024/10/box-office-joker-folie-a-deux-1236107521/

Edited by ThisGuyTony
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 4
  • Love 5

• ThisGuyTony changed the title to Gaga drew 39% of JFAD’s audience; Joaquin: 43%
GagaGame

They didn't count brazilian people :grr:

I could be your mustang for the weekend

LastNight

That’s great! Not far off Phoenix’s number when he’s a much more seasoned actor, the star of the first film and the lead in this one? Pretty impressive. 

Louvre
26 minutes ago, ThisGuyTony said:

39% went because of Gaga

sounds good but I want something to compare it to. 

• Like 1

Louvre
Just now, azul said:

So Miss Grace Randolph, should Joaquin also take time off from acting? 

yeah I'm shocked by Grace to some degree - she typically has a horrendous take here and there - but her talk around Gaga right now is shameful. She has done some serious backtracking and saying that the ASIB press around Gaga was embarrassing. Since when? She also is calling HOG a colossal flop... HOG didn't do amazing but lets be real the movie was HURT by the pandemic and if it had better critic ratings it would've been a bigger draw. For some reason Grace is rewriting some history around Gaga, lame

Only thing I currently agree with grace on is that Gaga should be in a very low budget movie and should potentially produce it. And Somewhere down the line Gaga will need to talk about what happened with folie a deux. But Gaga should not take an extended break, that would be putting her acting career to bed. 

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1

FATCAT
14 minutes ago, Louvre said:

yeah I'm shocked by Grace to some degree - she typically has a horrendous take here and there - but her talk around Gaga right now is shameful. She has done some serious backtracking and saying that the ASIB press around Gaga was embarrassing. Since when? She also is calling HOG a colossal flop... HOG didn't do amazing but lets be real the movie was HURT by the pandemic and if it had better critic ratings it would've been a bigger draw. For some reason Grace is rewriting some history around Gaga, lame

Only thing I currently agree with grace on is that Gaga should be in a very low budget movie and should potentially produce it. And Somewhere down the line Gaga will need to talk about what happened with folie a deux. But Gaga should not take an extended break, that would be putting her acting career to bed. 

People like grace always follow trends & what will get them more views. By backtracking she can say she saw it coming.

Purr more, hiss less.

Cpeer
23 minutes ago, Louvre said:

sounds good but I want something to compare it to. 

Joaquin won an Oscar for Joker and for him only to pull a little more % shows how respected Lady Gaga is. 

Honestly to whom ever I mentioned Joker last month the first reaction was - Yes! Lady Gaga! 

• Like 4

jacs vs looser
16 minutes ago, Louvre said:

Gaga needs to ditch Warner for a while, the only good film they've given her is ASIB, go to A24 or maybe do a miniseries on HBO.

• Like 3
  • YAAAS 1

doja scat
29 minutes ago, azul said:

So Miss Grace Randolph, should Joaquin also take time off from acting? 

like :rip:

the bleach from miss randolph’s box hair dye is affecting her brain i fear 

don’t get stabbed with the (b)rat tooth
  • LMAO 1

Gardevoir
24 minutes ago, Louvre said:

Every time I see Grace Randolph I want to punch her in the face. She irritates the hell out of me.

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.
  • LMAO 2

Louvre
16 minutes ago, Cpeer said:

Joaquin won an Oscar for Joker and for him only to pull a little more % shows how respected Lady Gaga is. 

Honestly to whom ever I mentioned Joker last month the first reaction was - Yes! Lady Gaga! 

very good point