other

The ending of JokerFAD that everybody missed (spoilers)

hELXIG

Featured Posts

LG2008

I don't think people missed that, they just didn't like it... They're complaining about it everywhere because they think that ending makes both movies pointless as they didn't see the real Joker

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SpadesToStart
3 hours ago, OliviaRodrigoStan said:

however, "Lee" is still referred to as "Harley Quinnzell" in the movie, so it still wouldn't make A LOT of sense. I think "Lee" should've stayed Lee, age-wise she couldn't be Harley anymore, even if they tried to make it make sense. 

OR HEAR ME OUT

…cougar Harley Quinn :cheeky:

• YAAAS 1

Reality

If I could boil down my thoughts about this movie into one sentence, it'd be: Intellectually, I think this is a great film, but I don't think the execution makes much of its themes feel earned. This is a perfect example of that.

The idea that Arthur isn't the "real" Joker for this Batman universe, but rather some other guy who Arthur inspires, is fascinating. However, I don't believe it paid off. You see that actor two or three times during the entire movie, so it's not really built up properly. If he had more scenes with Arthur, it'd make the payoff at the end earned. As it stands, it just feels like he's randomly killed at the end. I think that, overall, the movie lacks a certain pathos to make its decisions feel justified.

𝕀𝕗 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕨𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕒 𝕤𝕚𝕟𝕟𝕖𝕣, 𝕀 𝕔𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕕 𝕞𝕒𝕜𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕓𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕖𝕧𝕖
  • Like 4

Dayman

That ending was soooo bad. It really felt like trying to be deep on the concept of the joker being a mantle. But instead it just felt like WB mandated a way to keep a door open to say it’s canon to another DC film. It didn’t feel like it was there to complete the character arc or the story. Because ultimately the idea of the joker being a mantle could have been utilized by just making Harley go down that path instead, there is still commentary on it being a cycle that way - just minus the weird “twist” that lets them shoehorn the film into other if they decided to.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

andy232000

It wasnt a totally missable moment, but it was crappy in execution. They kept showing him in a fee scenes, but I wished they would’ve expanden upon his admiration for joker a tiny bit more. And yes the unfocused shot idk…it works enough, but it could’ve been better too

• Like 1

JohnWayne92

The “twist” ending would have mattered more if the film wasn’t so awful and boring. 

• Sad 1

Sepsami

It would have been an actual pay off if Ricci, the guy following him all the time and almost worshipping his joker persona ended up killing him and becoming the joker instead. But they randomly killed him off and it never turned into something again. Just a bunch of plotlines randomly ending and not adding to the story. Very messy overall.

• Like 1

ALGAYDO
5 hours ago, OliviaRodrigoStan said:

In the film it is stated that she is studying to be a psychistrist, but isn't one yet. Technically she could get her degree, the new Joker could become the criminal he eventually becomes, and then they can at one point meet in the asylum. 

However, that would still leave us with a Harley that is older than the Joker, and we'd have to believe that Arkham Asylum would really hire a woman that was known to be obsessed with Arthur, to treat the new Joker :laughga:. It's kinda hard to buy it :enigma:. I appreciate the director's effort to "wrap it up" for us Batman fans, and try to make it make sense, but I don't think it truly does make a lot of sense :flippy:

Did they ever reveal whether Lee was lying or not about being pregnant? What if her daughter becomes the real Harley Quinn :cheeky:

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1

DoremonLove

Also can anyone clear who visited him at the end for which he was being taken? 

How can anoyone not love gaga
  • Thanks 1

cELLO
Just now, DoremonLove said:

Good question. My guess is Lee or Gary

do i need to understand a pineapple to eat a banana
  • Like 1

Ivy

I thought it could be the idea of why are you worshipping the Joker, because every "Joker" is killing people like Arthur who you cared about and wanted him to be the Joker 

Idk if that makes sense idk how to say it :selena:

weed

One of the best moments of the film. I need to rewatch so I can take it all in again

hELXIG
12 hours ago, Controversiaga said:

Yeah I totally missed that, I didn’t see him cutting a smile into his face 

completely went over my head

i was baffled how bad of an ending it was for both Lee and Arthur and how the hell did the security guards just disappear before he was killed 

I was actually confused while watching it because I was wondering if the security guard was in on it. Because he did seem to like Arthur before and then kinda dislike him towards the end? Idk it was super unclear. Or if he wasn't in on it, then why the **** did he just let Arthur trail behind, leave the room, not even look back once after like 5 minutes of Arthur not being behind him, no glance over his shoulder, didn't notice that he couldn't hear his footsteps anymore, nothing. That makes absolutely no sense. But then I reminded myself that other things happened that baffled me like the guards just watching and him and Harley kissed multiple times, or her being let into his solitary confinement cell like what the actual ****? My friend said she thought it was hinted at that Lee sucked off the guards to get in but I didn't get that at all

10 hours ago, Oriane said:

I swear I was watching closely in the background to catch Harvey but I couldn't see him :saladga: 

I just saw a guy cut in half under a table, and a guy with some blood on his face, but he didn't seem injured?

I remember seeing him get blown up and it was like the explosion hit one side of him while he was thrown away by the blast. But I think that was about it. They could've at least had him with a half burnt face for one shot.. super unclear but it was there

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Like 1
  • Shook 1

hELXIG
7 hours ago, DoremonLove said:

It wasn't made clear at all. I was thinking it was Lee and maybe she was coming back for one last scene in her full Harley Quinn form. Or even just doing a pity, check-in with him that would explain more details. But then when she didn't show up I was left wondering if the guard just led him in there to be killed? But that doesn't make sense either really. None of it was made clear at all it was just confusing and messy

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.
  • Thanks 1

M i K E Y

You know I was sitting alone in the 4th row in front of a big ass movie screen and missed one of the important shots of the movie ahh:kry:

NO DUCT TAPE - NO MISSON
  • LMAO 1