💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Zedd talks ARTPOP for DigitalSpy

dontbesweet

Featured Posts

dontbesweet

Taken from http://www.digitalsp...-no-limits.html

Outside of your own music, you're working on Lady GaGa's new album. That's quite a big task, isn't it?

"For me, it's the biggest honour as not many people get to work with one of the biggest artists in the world. It's even better than I was a huge fan of GaGa before and it was a dream of mine to produce a song for her. In that sense, the pressure on it is huge! That said, the fact that she is so open-minded musically and creatively has made it easier in some ways."

"She wants me to do the craziest songs I can possibly do. I'm not thinking about fitting a shoe on the right foot. We're doing something completely unique and what we think is new. She's not been saying, 'You need to please my fans so make the songs sound like this', we've just made music."

Born This Way was a huge album that some considered a flop compared to the success of The Fame. Have her record label been in touch much to oversee things?

"There's always going to be an issue when people expect a lot. People always think the longer they wait the better the album will be, like Daft Punk have been gone for seven years, so people think their next album will be seven times better than their last. It's just a mistake. I think GaGa did exactly what she wanted with Born This Way and I think that's the only way you can be a true artist. It's the same with ARTPOP, she's just doing what she wants to do."

What is she like to work with? Do you get together in the studio much or do you pass things back and forth online?

"We've actually been together for most of the sessions. We spent a few months together in LA a while ago and then I went on tour with her in Asia for almost two months. After the shows we would set up a studio and work on the track. We tried to avoid working solely over email as it's hard to bounce off each others ideas that way."

Producing while on tour sounds tiring...

"It was. We laid down the musical parts and then I could clean it up in a proper studio afterwards. Seriously, we've been working with the worst speakers you can imagine! That said, her lyrics or vocals won't sound any worse just because she did it in a hotel."

How finished are the songs you've been working on?

"The songs we've worked on aren't finished, but I have no idea how far along the other songs are. If she says they're almost finished then they probably are."

How many of the tracks you've been working on do you think will make the album?

"I honestly have no idea. I wouldn't want to put that kind of pressure on her - it's completely up to her what she puts on the final album."

Tell us about a song you've been working on together.

"There's just been no limitations at all. No set genre, song length, anything. I'm not afraid to show her the least commercial idea I have. She has a certain way of writing and she likes it to be challenged on the production."

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's not been saying, 'You need to please my fans so make the songs sound like this', we've just made music."

So, I hope you won't complain about ARTPOP because Gaga won't listen to you :laughga:

"There's just been no limitations at all. No set genre, song length, anything. I'm not afraid to show her the least commercial idea I have. She has a certain way of writing and she likes it to be challenged on the production."

:legend:

dontbesweet

She's not been saying, 'You need to please my fans so make the songs sound like this', we've just made music."

So, I hope you won't complain about ARTPOP because Gaga won't listen to you :laughga:

BTW was for us, ARTPOP is for her.

Rollercoaster

:legend:

I wonder if he was thinking about a particular song.. like... has he recorded a song with her that's like.. 12 minutes long and features a dubstep ukelele part?

RAMROD

Yass good read. Thanks for sharing.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Der Meister

Born This Way was a huge album that some considered a flop compared to the success of The Fame. Have her record label been in touch much to oversee things?

"There's always going to be an issue when people expect a lot. People always think the longer they wait the better the album will be, like Daft Punk have been gone for seven years, so people think their next album will be seven times better than their last. It's just a mistake. I think GaGa did exactly what she wanted with Born This Way and I think that's the only way you can be a true artist. It's the same with ARTPOP, she's just doing what she wants to do."

SO TRUE

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived