Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
opinion

So... what's the truth?

OMonster

Featured Posts

OMonster

I can't square Gaga's Instagram post from last June... 

"I’ve been experiencing my creativity ever since last summer in a really special and private way—I wrote and produced music for a special project, I prepared for months developing my character for Joker, I filmed Joker for many months (a very introspective time), I have been running my start-up Haus Labs, doing philanthropic work, and additionally have been working on The Chromatica Ball film edit."

With this this from the Rolling Stone interview...

"When Lady Gaga wrapped her third movie — the upcoming Joker sequel, Folie à Deux — she realized she wasn’t ready to move on from her character, Harleen “Lee” Quinzel, a.k.a. Harley Quinn. “I had such a deep relationship with Lee,” she tells Rolling Stone. “And when I was done filming the movie, I wasn’t done with her.” With the help of her fiancé, Michael Polansky, the superstar recorded Harlequin, a companion record to the film."

In her Instagram post, she tells us she wrote and produced music for a special project last summer (2022). 

In Rolling Stone, she tells us that Harlequin was an idea she had after filming for Joker wrapped, which was in April 2023.

Therefore, the "special project" referred to last summer couldn't be Harlequin. 

Makes me think the 'special project' originally referred to perhaps was just the start of LG7, after TCB.

subtext / fantasy

Bronco

I think its a mistake to read the IG post as her saying she wrote & produced the Special project in Summer 2022. 
That's just the date when Gaga signals she felt she had her mojo back, everything she details is just things that came about as a result. It's not neccessarily a chronological order of things. 

Bradley

I’ve been experiencing my creativity ever since last summer...

this is not the same as saying she made Harlequin last summer.

Edited by Bradley

Stefanotta

Time will show, but imagine getting two albums in February: LG7 and LG8.:huntyga:

My biggest enemy is me.
  • Shook 1

ryansamonster

Folie a Deux (song) was written for the movie, so it had to be completed for filming. Although I’d say the studio recording was finished in Vegas. 

She also wrote Happy Mistake with Bloodpop… so something tells me the idea of the song came during Chromatica era. 

Im referring only to the 2 original songs on Harelequin, as they both qualify as “wrote and produced for a special project.”