Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
opinion

Official Joker: Folie À Deux Review & Discussion Thread

RAMROD

Featured Posts

InTheCloset

im avoiding spoilers but people are hating it. saying it has no plot. the musical aspect seems irrelevant. scenes of Gaga from trailers cut. and i was so excited for it. i booked three tickets in a row just for myself so i wont have people sitting next to me. What is going on? I had high expectations. Todd when i get my hands on you:dom:

F5B12F11-D38F-4507-BE84-B7CE0B8C6E17.jpe

Where's the spunk, Adam?
  • Thanks 4

InTheCloset
7 hours ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

AHHH

IT WAS SO GOOD

Gaga was great and like… compared to the first one this was such a step up. As usual, all the fan meltdowns were for nothing. The GP was living for it in my theatre - they were def hooked and entertained.

Gaga showed her singing chops when sense, and Joaquin sounds great - it’s giving another Bradley Cooper singing moment. 

The film is beautifully shot, the plot is super engaging… and hearing the songs in Harlequin - in their context (they have different instrumentals) was sooo special.

Close to You’s moment… oh my GODDD. Cinema. 

It’s the perfect sequel Joker could have had. Better in every way than the original. 

but many people from the gp are saying that there is no real plot. no character arc for lee. and that a sequel wasnt needed calling it a cash grab

Where's the spunk, Adam?

42 minutes ago, InTheCloset said:

but many people from the gp are saying that there is no real plot. no character arc for lee. and that a sequel wasnt needed calling it a cash grab

I was hopeful too, it cant be THAT bad right :( I had that feeling ever since the trailers, it just feels like nothing is going on but it was just trailers, but now with all the reviews start to trickling in.... :traumatica:

InTheCloset
4 minutes ago, Juanne said:

I was hopeful too, it cant be THAT bad right :( I had that feeling ever since the trailers, it just feels like nothing is going on but it was just trailers, but now with all the reviews start to trickling in.... :traumatica:

im so sad tbh

Where's the spunk, Adam?
  • Love 1

54 minutes ago, InTheCloset said:

. What is going on? I had high expectations. Todd when i get my hands on you:dom:

3 minutes ago, InTheCloset said:

im so sad tbh

52 minutes ago, InTheCloset said:

chill out and just enjoy the fact that your fav is in a high profile movie?

Stop reading the reviews if you’re that pissed and perhaps make your own mind up when you go and watch it 

• YAAAS 2

8 hours ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

AHHH

IT WAS SO GOOD

Gaga was great and like… compared to the first one this was such a step up. As usual, all the fan meltdowns were for nothing. The GP was living for it in my theatre - they were def hooked and entertained.

Gaga showed her singing chops when sense, and Joaquin sounds great - it’s giving another Bradley Cooper singing moment. 

The film is beautifully shot, the plot is super engaging… and hearing the songs in Harlequin - in their context (they have different instrumentals) was sooo special.

Close to You’s moment… oh my GODDD. Cinema. 

It’s the perfect sequel Joker could have had. Better in every way than the original. 

Was she not in it as much as you thought? As everyone keeps saying?

Tinnitus15

Seeing it in two days. But damn… this movie is cursed form what I’m reading. We all thought it was gonna be a hit.Then the prediction came out, then the reviews and suddenly they just hit us in the face with that misleading promo of Gaga as a lead role. Clearly they used her name for the clout. But still excited to see what Toad Syphilis did.  

Edited by Tinnitus15

InTheCloset
30 minutes ago, Juanne said:

it might be perspective too. I mean people loved asib while i didnt (dont kill me ples). Hog wasnt exceptional but i enjoyed watching it. A lot more than asib

Where's the spunk, Adam?

InTheCloset
22 minutes ago, Sexxx said:

chill out and just enjoy the fact that your fav is in a high profile movie?

Stop reading the reviews if you’re that pissed and perhaps make your own mind up when you go and watch it 

Was the shot of Gaga as full blown lee in the elevator cut?

Where's the spunk, Adam?

7 minutes ago, InTheCloset said:

Was the shot of Gaga as full blown lee in the elevator cut?

Idk I’ve not seen it?? Chi 

just stop being so negative 

Edited by Sexxx
  • Thanks 1

Great thread. I haven't seen the movie yet, but there are some interesting contributions on here. It sounds like there is a good story to be told about the making of this movie. I hope it all comes out in the wash. Maybe there's even a movie in it.

Anyway, I will go to see JFAD as soon as I can, and I will do so with as open a mind as possible even though I already know most of the plot (and that's my own fault).

• Like 1

Stupid Oreo

I’m so sorry but the movie was bad. The acting and visuals were on point but nothing made sense and there wasn’t much going on. Even took a smoking break during the premiere lmao

• LMAO 3
  • Sad 1

lilboyblue

The way the most negative reactions and meltdowns I've read about the film is in this thread. Maybe it's also my algorithm, but my timeline is filled with mid to positive, NOT horrible reviews.

How about we stop melting down at every turn? Not everything she does will be received with hyperbolic acclaim. And actually, I have not heard one single negative comment about Gaga's acting here, so... 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

ModernEcstasy

I feel as though Bradley has been the only person so far who knows what to do with Gagas talents. 
Honestly I’m worried. The negativity in this thread has made me lose all hope, so the GP are bound to to give up on the movie too. 

I’m pissed because if Gaga was gonna be in a DC movie, Harley is absolutely the role I’d want her to play. But they’ve butchered what could’ve been an amazing role for her. 

Edited by ModernEcstasy
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 1

• River pinned this topic