Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
news

HARLEQUIN Discussion

FATCAT

Featured Posts

azul

I wish she was as much creative as she was with The Joker with all the other covers. Nevertheless, a lovely Sunday morning album 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Starmie25
14 minutes ago, DanielM said:

I wish she was as much creative as she was with The Joker with all the other covers. Nevertheless, a lovely Sunday morning album 

These are all pretty creative tbh. It's a solid fusion of many different genres and styles.

• Thanks 1

jimmytimestep
2 hours ago, Robo Ga said:

I actually have too much to say so I’m going to collect myself and come back later but. Let me just say this. Ain’t NO SINGLE ONE of her contemporaries are releasing an album like this. Not one. An album of theatre bops and show tunes by a pop star in 2024? That descends into darkness and madness in the second act? WHO DOES THIS ?! Lmao

I love her and I’m so grateful for this, my first listen was a COMPLETELY beautiful and unique experience. Anyway, I’ll come back later with more intelligent thoughts. Love y’all xox

I’m feeling the same way. The album gives me shades of Barbra Streisand’s “pop” albums - I keep thinking of “Color Me Barbra” while listening to it - a collection of songs that are so perfectly conceptually tied together and performed with specific intention. Just brilliant. This is a slay from our girl.

• Love 2
  • Thanks 2

LilyLark

It's all excellent. Her vocals sound so good, too.  Very crisp and clear, and you can tell she's a trained vocalist on  these tracks. Low key this might be some of her best vocal work...which is amazing when you consider vocals often degrade with age & smoking (glad she's quit recently). Then again, i can't recall who it was, but some singer was smoking like a chimney till the day he died and his vocals were still pristine...so some people are just freaks of nature.

I can tell it's a passion project for her (not for the numbers or charts, but simply for the music itself). That said, if she had released a music video for Happy Mistake and pushed it for the radio...I suspect it would do numbers (not DWAS numbers, but top ten).

• Love 1

LilyLark
1 minute ago, WhiteHotForever said:

They just played The Joker on the radio :cryga: The only song I like :rockstar:

You don't like Happy Mistake?

Lucas

The Joker and Happy Mistake. The other songs are mostly jazz which truly isn't my cup of tea.

But lemme tell ya i'm OBSESSED with The Joker. I love the way she sings on that song, it's her voice but it's definitely Harley singing lol, with that crazy twist in her vocals

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

weed

Surprised The Joker isn't one of the highlighted/starred tracks on the album!

About to listen omggggg starting w The Joker, loved the teaser

LilyLark
16 minutes ago, Auralegends said:

I love the Joker and Happy Mistake

Jazz is just not my cup of tea, but her vocals are amazing on all songs

Yeah, her vocals are excellent. I low key believe this is her best vocal work on a full album (there are some songs in the past which are superior, but in terms of an entire work the vocals on this album are superior imo). Really amazing considering her smoking (though she's said she quit, and she has quit in the past temporarily) and how vocals usually degrade with age. You can tell she's taking care of her voice and is a trained vocalist.

One of the few things I will complain about with Gaga's albums is the sound mixing isn't always great...but it's fantastic here (better than Chromatica). I hope the soundmixing is as good on LG 7.

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1

RudraCNG

I swear the vocals of this woman are from another world. 16 years in the game and she still surprises me :pray:

• Like 1
  • Love 2

You can hear how happy she is on this record, and she fought hard to get to a place like this. Chromatica, Joanne and ARTPOP are all beautiful in their own ways, but definitely dark-coded/attached to painful memories.

Really proud of her for this one

weed

The Joker: 10/10, should be pushed promoted and payola'd!

Folie a Deux: 10/10, I love it

Build a mountain: 9/10; once the power of the lord kicks in I REALLY love it

Close To You: 10/10, so beautiful

Happy Mistake: 10/10, very beautiful! It gives me Billie Eilish & I'm a Creep vibes. made me cry! and it's not the last song!!

That's Life: 10/10, made me cry even more lmao!! very beautiful

LMAO the autoplay after That's Life finished put on Shake It Off. very jarring, very undemure (but I love Shake It Off, no slander on that CLASSIC)

Good Morning: 10/10, love it. She picked truly the best songs to cover lol, very fun 

Get Happy: 9/10, no particular reason for a 9 but it's not giving me a 10. However I love songs that SHIFT from slow into upbeat and exciting

Oh when the saints: 9/10, she's cute, she's a childhood classic

World on a String: 9/10, she's interesting

If My Friends Could: 10/10, very fun, queen of scatting (HATE how it's the same word as sh*tting for sex lmao)

That's Entertainment: 10/10, so Hollywood, so entertainment, so musical theatre, obsessed!

Smile: 10/10, beautiful

very very hard to pick favorites, but my top 3 are perhaps:

That's Entertainment
The Joker
Close To You

Edited by weed
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1