Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
achievement

Joker 2 projected to open $68M

dit

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

I always think it's strange that these estimates even come about. Most people don't pre-book tickets. Even if they do, they might do it literally the day they're planning to go. This movie could well be a slow burn and people want to feel it out first. Even if it underperforms for its budget, it won't bomb. Its fanbase is too big for its to outright fail.

Obobo

I think i remember reading that most women audiences don’t prebook tickets and the male comic book crowd tend to get them really early. I’m assuming they’re lower because the original audience is not too keen on the musical format and are waiting to see the general reception. If anything, we get a viral meme like the first joker’s stair dance going and it gets everybody rushing to the theatre.

As a fanbase we shouldn’t focus on these $ predictions and focus on promoting the movies to people we know to get them in the theatre. (I’m watching it 4 times in the opening week :sis:)

• YAAAS 1

RichAssPiss

Joaquin is in the midst of a terrible press storm after ditching the Todd Haynes movie.

That plus incel fatigue 

I don't think this is gonna be the "it" movie we hoped. Looks like a strong player and great career builder for Gaga. But she does not seem as confident about this as A Star Is Born. She's not going hard and is taking the post-premiere window for an album, which suggest she won't campaign as hard as she did with A Star Is Born. Jan/Feb is Oscar season. 

Togekiss

I don’t really care I’m just excited to see the movie and Gaga in it :flutter:

building a daydream with hearts and spades

Skabi

So just to get this straight, it’s been such a good few months (new music, new allegedly “dark” era, proper rollout, teasing, movie trailers) that theres nothing other to complain about than…. predictions?

Guys let’s keep in mind that a prediction remains a prediction, but if the movie opens with even less than 68M, Gaga has proven time and time again that she has the last word. This movie will probably gross hundreds of millions :vegas:

Edited by Skabi

23 hours ago, Bronco said:

No thats Borderlands 💀

Oh that poor thing....

Is 68m good? I have no context for film achievements but I do know I'm excited to see the movie!