celeb

Miley Cyrus Sued Over 'Flowers' For Allegedly Copying Bruno Mars Song

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

lg5

How silly, he gave her his blessing to use the lyrics and melody before it was released lol. 

HelloHangoverz

This is insane, "must be the result of miley purposefully copying the song"....it's possible for two songwriters to stumble upon the same melody lmao. Too much court time is wasted on this shite 

`${'📅' * 5}`.repeat(10) + ' Batman!';

Chesescake

There's no way they didn't clear the sample. Especially for big artist like Miley to sample another big artist's song.

Edited by Chesescake

Agunimon

Something definitely must have gotten lost in the legal side of his publishing company (the ones suing her). They don't even have a security certificate installed on their website, so I am not surprised.

FFXIV WhiteMage

Lol the audacity.

Going by the name Tempo Music Investment they probably just dipped a bit of money to Bruno and Atlantic records but ultimately they don’t have such privilege. They are not part of the composition team.

Didymus

Guys, that sample theory was just a fan invented thing. There was never an official confirmation of that, no matter how widely discussed.

It's possible it was an interpolation of Mars' song but I have a hard time believing Miley wouldn't want to credit Bruno. It could honestly just be a strange coincidence. The melodies aren't exactly super creative lol.

DelusionalGaga

But Flowers doesn't even sample or interpolate When I Was Your Man, right? She basically just references the lyrics aka kinda "sings about" this other song, no? I really don't see how this could be seen as a copy? 

Edited by DelusionalGaga

SlowLoris

God, this is what sucks the art out of art.  Miley's song is almost a "response" to Bruno's song and it's supposed to create a "conversation" between the two artists.  I thought it was a smart idea.  And as comments above iterated, Bruno signed off on the song.  It's already been a couple years, why wait so long???

These fat cat record execs really don't care about stuff like that, I guess lmao