💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

celeb

Dua Lipa reveals she was expelled for skipping school

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Doroteyo
1 hour ago, bionic said:

There's a gap in the story somewhere (and I suspect it stinks of money and privilege). A 15 year old girl doesn't just get sent to the UK to pursue a career in music with a family friend.

There's much less stigma around female artists pursuing pop music than there is female artists in most other genres.

why should it 'stink' of privilege? Privilege doesn't stink, lol, the lack of it does. It's just a thing. Not everyone needs to be an underdog in all ways to succeed -- that fantasy only furthers the destructive idea that you have to suffer to be anything.

I agree there are gaps in Dua's story. She also blatantly said in this interview she wants to keep a distance between her personal life and her career. These half-baked non-revelations about her journey are exactly this: calculated distance which will keep her safe and forever below true icon status. 

doja scat

yeah dua has been floating around in the industry for a while and commercials before she broke out if i remember correctly?? she like many other pop girls had a leg up 

don’t get stabbed with the (b)rat tooth

Jackaroo

Nothing compared to Cardi b’s story lol Dua didn’t need to strip or robbing men. 

Edited by Jackaroo

Jackaroo
4 hours ago, Teletubby said:

her father is marketing and communications expert, he has his own communications agency. He was also lead singer and guitarist of the Kosovan rock band. Dua Lipa was project manager for UNICEF anti-smoking Campaign and appeared in her father commercials when she was about 17.

Her father is my type 🦶🏽

70db44f175a59f0b0ea823c380dcd2a1.jpg

• LMAO 1

Economy
5 hours ago, bionic said:

There's a gap in the story somewhere (and I suspect it stinks of money and privilege). A 15 year old girl doesn't just get sent to the UK to pursue a career in music with a family friend.

There's much less stigma around female artists pursuing pop music than there is female artists in most other genres.

A high percentage of ppl who make it had advantages from a well off family that gave them a push. We been knew.

It wouldnt really make me view Dua Lipa any less. I mean Gagas family had money too even tho she tried to make a spin on it like they struggled :rip:

Yeah what struggling family lives on a wealthy neighbourhood and buys a grand piano and pays for lessons? Or pays her rent for a while while she was trying to make it? Please :toofunny:

bionic
50 minutes ago, Economy said:

A high percentage of ppl who make it had advantages from a well off family that gave them a push. We been knew.

It wouldnt really make me view Dua Lipa any less. I mean Gagas family had money too even tho she tried to make a spin on it like they struggled :rip:

Yeah what struggling family lives on a wealthy neighbourhood and buys a grand piano and pays for lessons? Or pays her rent for a while while she was trying to make it? Please :toofunny:

Yep not holding it against her for using her wealth and connections, but IMO statements like "I moved alone to London at 15 to launch a career" and "I was kicked out of school and had to sort my life out" 100% tries to project a certain image

buy bionic