💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

other

#KatyLeaveCapitol is currently trending on Twitter

Teletubby

Featured Posts

14 minutes ago, Shyane said:

so she'll have more singles? Capitol is SO generous...

during vmas she shared about filming a new video, i'm guessing the 21 savage collab & kim petras. 21 savage is bigger than Katy on Spotify right now.

Actually, Capitol is an excellent label, even during Smile era, just look at Katy's youtube, almost all songs from smile has a video/visual. Even Harleys In Hawaii got multiple visuals. It's just the charts did not reflect the excellent promo and it's happening to 143 era again. 

• Like 4

Sugar Baby

The Katy rats blaming everyone but herself :volantis:

katy chose to work with Dr Luke and the world doesn’t give a **** about her anymore 

capitol is actually very supportive of her especially with her abysmal flop numbers lol 

Sneaky Oliver

I think it’s not too late for Katy, if she manages to get into a new label / management team, they can get her back on track for the next era

I have always thought her team was great throughout the years, especially comparing to Gaga’s :oops: but it feels like something shifted right before Smile and they have been doing all the wrong things 

she will never have a TD-Prism level of success again, it’s a fact but she used to be such a pillar of pop culture of our generation, it just feels wrong to dump her like that over a bad decision. I know she’s in a tricky position right now but I hope she manages to earn genuine appreciation again 

In the land of gods and monsters, I was an angel living in the Garden Of Eden

StrawberryBlond

Capitol is sabotaging her but not in the way they think. She hasn't been afforded a lack of promo, her announcements were put out promptly, there's been 3 singles so far, she got that massive VMA gig and an additional bought award and she's due to perform at Rock in Rio on album release day and an Australian football match later this month. She confirmed there would be a tour too but now that looks unlikely. It's more in the sense of they let her work with Luke again, allowed her to put substandard songs on the album, let her make bad music videos, giving her a budget when she clearly is not making a return on investment and keep on churning out the same formula despite it not being successful. They're just afraid to lose their once golden goose even though she stopped laying golden eggs a decade ago now. But what do you expect? Labels are frightened to take a risk.

• Like 2

RebeldeFaith

If Capitol isn't doing much, what are the chances any other label will? :oprah:

Something something idk
  • LMAO 2

Versace

Anyone who thinks this era flopped due to the Dr Luke controversy or lack of label promotion needs to check their ears. The era is flopping because the music is simply horrendous even for Katy’s standards. Even Witness and Smile had at least one hit because those songs were actually good. 

• Like 5

DrKindnessKunt1999

This makes me wonder what Katy’s next step is after this era. Will she learn anything? Will she continue committing the same mistakes until she has to release her own music from her laptop? Will she just give up on music as a whole after this? Will she just become a late 2000s to mid 2010s nostalgia act? Will she just leave the limelight and enjoy her millions? 

I would feel bad for Katy, but she buried her own grave. It almost feels like a crime and mystery YouTube could make a video on how Katy Perry murdered her own career (for now at least, MAYBE she could do something to revive it, but it seems almost impossible at this point).

Edited by DrKindnessKunt1999

princedeeblebleble

Where's this kind of support regarding her actual music then? Haha I wish Interscope gave this kind of a budget and push to Gaga, who with limited promo is doing wonders with DWAS. 

Katy did club gigs, listening parties, interviews, podcasts, now VMAs with bought awards and some big upcoming shows. Not to mention they allowed for two high budget videos and a bit less budgety one with more upcoming ones apparently.. all while WW was a massive flop and opened the doors to immense controversy which I don't think she'll shake off until she'll acknowledge that working with that.. being was wrong. 

ElectricChapelR
7 hours ago, Economy said:

Yet those are still a vocal minority. 90% of ppl who stream do not care about cancel culture

I was gonna say bigger institutions can be swayed by cancel culture sometimes out of fear of backlash but VMAs still honoured her anyway

I feel like you're the only person on this forum that understands me :ally:

• YAAAS 1

Real Panda

Taking people from our district, forcing them against one another while we watch – this is Capitol’s way of reminding us how totally we are at their mercy. How little chance we would stand of surviving another rebellion.