💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

celeb

The War on Drugs says “II Most Wanted” was fully a Miley song

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Killa
4 minutes ago, Roughhouse Dandy said:

This isn't the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd time I've talked about it on here so I'm not gonna draw this out. She's very involved in most of the processes that goes into making her projects to the point of micromanaging. If you want a more indepth answer, search for interviews of colleagues talking about her writing camp retreats. 

Honestly not convincing. I understand that they come with an arrangement to share the credits so everyone gets a share. If you have credits, It must be something of substance. 

This not only for Beyoncé. Gaga has credits on the bruno duet, i actually would like tò know how many Lines She wrote. Maybe im wrong. But for example come tò mamma, the credits are a Stretch and a half.

But Beyoncé Isnt a writer like Gaga. Writting Is a craft, its not ideas its actually putting It on paper. And even worse when a Song arrives completed. 

• Like 3

RenegAde
52 minutes ago, Plastic Flower said:

Then tell us why

It's a bad business practice where artists of beyonces caliber have over time stretched writing credits to include  even the adlibs and harmonys. This is because they want a piece of the writing credits which is where a huge chunk of the real money comes from in music.

The argument is that things like adlibs and harmonys form part of the melody of a song therefore should be considered as writing.

Many people disagree because commonsensically, everyone has a different voice and singing technique and you shouldn't get a chunk of royalties just for fine tuning an already finished song to suit your range or personal taste. 

Some Writers agree to this bad contract as a strategic move to gain notoriety, some because they desperately want to work with a certain artist, some because that's the only way they can get their music out there and some are even get tricked into it.

Whatever the case, I believe song writing credits should exclusively go to the actual song writers involved in writing the words and creating the moledy because that is the only income they are entitled to in the music making process. 

Edited by RenegAde
  • Thanks 1

Roughhouse Dandy
36 minutes ago, Killa said:

Honestly not convincing

Not trying to convince you 💜

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.

RenegAde
58 minutes ago, Roughhouse Dandy said:

This isn't the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd time I've talked about it on here so I'm not gonna draw this out. She's very involved in most of the processes that goes into making her projects to the point of micromanaging. If you want a more indepth answer, search for interviews of colleagues talking about her writing camp retreats. 

Babes they have everyone who works them sign NDAs so these aren't reliable . If you really want to know how much beyonce does in the creative process, listen to original demos (where available) then listen to her versions and be honest with yourself how different the songs really are.

Roughhouse Dandy
Just now, RenegAde said:

Babes they have everyone who works them sign NDAs so these aren't reliable . If you really want to know how much beyonce does in the creative process, listen to original demos (where available) then listen to her versions and be honest with yourself how different the songs really are.

I've heard the demos, I've seen the documentaries, I've read the interviews. They've pointed me to the opinion that when she's credited on something, I don't doubt that she deserves it. 

RenegAde
1 minute ago, Roughhouse Dandy said:

I've heard the demos, I've seen the documentaries, I've read the interviews. They've pointed me to the opinion that when she's credited on something, I don't doubt that she deserves it. 

Guess you also haven't heard the 101 accusations and lawsuits against her :huntyga: 

A Very Gaga Holida
1 hour ago, Roughhouse Dandy said:

It's simply not that deep :oops:

And it’s simply not that good:deadbanana:

RenegAde
2 hours ago, Hyperobject said:

I’m pretty sure a demo leaked a while ago and it was just Miley and the song was basically the same lol just without Bey’s adlibs 

but maybe it was AI, who knows atp 

Miley wrote it in 2020 and when bey reached out for collab she offered it. I heard the demo too and it's exactly the same song but somehow beyonce is credited as a writer:bear:.

I'm not mad though cuz its still one of my favourite songs of the year and I prefare the CC version.

Edited by RenegAde

moonsago
1 hour ago, RenegAde said:

It's a bad business practice where artists of beyonces caliber have over time stretched writing credits to include  even the adlibs and harmonys. This is because they want a piece of the writing credits which is where a huge chunk of the real money comes from in music.

The argument is that things like adlibs and harmonys form part of the melody of a song therefore should be considered as writing.

Many people disagree because commonsensically, everyone has a different voice and singing technique and you shouldn't get a chunk of royalties just for fine tuning an already finished song to suit your range or personal taste. 

Some Writers agree to this bad contract as a strategic move to gain notoriety, some because they desperately want to work with a certain artist, some because that's the only way they can get their music out there and some are even get tricked into it.

Whatever the case, I believe song writing credits should exclusively go to the actual song writers involved in writing the words and creating the moledy because that is the only income they are entitled to in the music making process. 

Thank you. It’s very sad how exploitative this can be, songwriters have to share royalties just so the singer can achieve the singer-songwriter status that’s sooo appreciated here in the west to the point that these labels are manufacturing the idea of ‘authenticity’ because it sells. Not to mention the critical aclaim that artists like Beyonce crave so much. This is why I don’t take the discourse around her not winning AOTY seriously because it’s very obvious why it hasn’t happened, the same way voters appreciate songwriting for SOTY, they do for AOTY too, and I am sure behind the scene it is KNOWN who writes their stuff and who doesn’t. 

On that note, I am so glad Gaga didn’t win an Oscar for TIHTY because she really didn’t do much on that song to deserve it, but instead for Shallow where we know from the other writers involved that she contributed a lot. Not to sound bashful because I know how important and meaningful TIHTY is ( and I know that she does believe in the message of the project ), but professionally, it’s obvious to me now that it was just an attempt at winning an Oscar at a time when her career was rocky to hopefully put it back on track. Diane was probably willing to share credits because it benefited her to have Gaga be on the track to hopefully get her that Oscar finally.

Edited by moonsago
  • Like 2

doppelganger

I know every pop singer gets credits on songs but it is still shocking that Beyonce is credited first on a song that she did not write a single word to. And the nerve of her to build this narrative about reclaiming country music for the black community, and tweaking the credits just to make this point. It is an insult to the people working on the song IMO. 

ALGAYDO
2 hours ago, doppelganger said:

I know every pop singer gets credits on songs but it is still shocking that Beyonce is credited first on a song that she did not write a single word to. And the nerve of her to build this narrative about reclaiming country music for the black community, and tweaking the credits just to make this point. It is an insult to the people working on the song IMO. 

And not to mention that her fans eat it up every single time, they’re 100% convinced Beyoncé really is a songwriter and producer :icant:

Gaga2645
5 hours ago, Killa said:

Yeah, but She countinues to be credited in every song

Songwriting isn’t just lyrics, it is also contributing to the composition of sheet music through vocals. Example being Beyonce’s harmonies, vocal stacks, ad libs, runs, etc. all of those notes have to be transcribed to sheet music.

• Thanks 1

Gaga2645
5 hours ago, Roughhouse Dandy said:

Girl they just want her to be illiterate so bad no matter how much you explain how songwriting credits works to them. It ain’t no use w these brick walls!

• Like 1

Roughhouse Dandy
5 minutes ago, Gaga2645 said:

Girl they just want her to be illiterate so bad no matter how much you explain how songwriting credits works to them. It ain’t no use w these brick walls!

Which is exactly the reason why I'll direct people to the reality and then go about my business. The folks that want to know can go look for the answer and the ones that want to talk sh*t can do so far away from me 💅🏽