Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
celeb

Taylor hugs Trump supporting friend

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

chathonnete

She can still be friend with who she wants. What matters is if she says something publically to support Kamalah. If she remains silence, I'll really conclude that she only cares about money. 

Economy
8 hours ago, lilboyblue said:

I think if Taylor was just any regular person, people could care less tbh. But since she is who she is, there is a responsibility attached to it, whether she likes it or not.

The point people are making is that the MAGA Republicans are now getting a lot of favorable PR their way because of Taylor, in a very crucial and hotly-contested election. And she has been silent about where she stands even as her likeness is being used to support Trump.

I mean i can totally agree that when ur a big name standards are a bit different and i can even agree she could use her voice to be more vocal. Totally fair criticism and I even agree

But neverthless i think her being friendly with someone of opposing political ideologies (especially if they arent extremists) i think is a strong stretch to be mad about that. Not like shes hugging and smiling Andrew Tate or Carl Tuckerson or even Trump himself. Shes being friendly with someone who could simply represent 40% of America.

Cant really segregate or cut Off over 1/3 of the Country realistically or get mad when a celeb doesnt

But thats my opinion

• Like 1

Togekiss

I have certain family members who are Trumpers and we just never talk about politics, but no way in HELL would I voluntarily associate with any of these people.

“In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance”

building a daydream with hearts and spades

Dancing Shadow
17 hours ago, Just A Holy Fool said:

Well, to a certain extent. Trump isn’t just any candidate though. You are the company you keep :selena:

:/ this is the mindset that tears things apart. 

"I hope that you will love me in this way For who I am—not then—but for today"

Just A Holy Fool
3 hours ago, Dancing Shadow said:

So, we should embrace people who support a fascist and a party that would eradicate the queer community if they had their way? 

• Like 1

wolfga

But why are we dividing people by Trump supporters and non-supporters?

Of course, I do not support Trump, but don't we all have a freedom to have different opinions?

I for sure wouldn't unfriend someone for supporting Trump, let them have their freedom!

They would for sure like me to think differently, and I for them - so I'd talk to them something different then politics.

The same way in my country many others close to me don't have the same political views as me, but I still do my own business, and they do their.

Of course the media should talk about how mad Trump is and how he can ruin the whole world, but not to harass others, but to make them realise and confess to themselves that they need to think differently.

Blame it on the doctor He went and took a bite of my heart but it brought me to life
  • Like 1

Cameltoe Chariot
4 hours ago, Dancing Shadow said:

Be for f*cking real right now, jesus christ :alsemanche:

The only ones tearing apart anything are fascist, homophobic, racist, sexist Trump supporters.

• Love 2

Modern Ecstasy2

My mind is blown that a celebrity being friends with someone who is Republican has garnered so much attention and discussion.

“Delete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twink”

Dancing Shadow
56 minutes ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

Be for f*cking real right now, jesus christ :alsemanche:

The only ones tearing apart anything are fascist, homophobic, racist, sexist Trump supporters.

Be for real too. 

the mindset that humans cannot overcome differences and must hate those around them because of diff political ideas is harmful.

trump SUCKS but its not like every single one of his supporters is a horrible human being. Some of them just dont know any better. We cant shut out others just because of their beliefs, unless their belief is 
"so and so needs to die".

Dancing Shadow
1 hour ago, Just A Holy Fool said:

So, we should embrace people who support a fascist and a party that would eradicate the queer community if they had their way? 

treating them with basic human respect is not at all embracing their ideas. Also, not all trump supporters think this way.

Cameltoe Chariot
34 minutes ago, Dancing Shadow said:

Be for real too. 

the mindset that humans cannot overcome differences and must hate those around them because of diff political ideas is harmful.

trump SUCKS but its not like every single one of his supporters is a horrible human being. Some of them just dont know any better. We cant shut out others just because of their beliefs, unless their belief is 
"so and so needs to die".

No one is going to give you a medal for defending a Taylor's billionaire trumper bestie.

My basic human rights should not be up for debate. If Trump supporters "just don't know any better" then I doubt they're worth getting to know because it's been crystal f*cking clear for half a decade now that he only represents hate and division.

It's crazy how you have all this energy for schooling me on how to be respectful to republicans, but you haven't got much to say for Brittany and all the other MAGA freaks out there. According to you it's mean for me to judge Brittany for supporting a fascist nightmare but she's got the green light from you to vote the most anti-LGBTQ+ administration into the white house AGAIN?

• Love 1

Dancing Shadow
10 minutes ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

No one is going to give you a medal for defending a Taylor's billionaire trumper bestie.

My basic human rights should not be up for debate. If Trump supporters "just don't know any better" then I doubt they're worth getting to know because it's been crystal f*cking clear for half a decade now that he only represents hate and division.

It's crazy how you have all this energy for schooling me on how to be respectful to republicans, but you haven't got much to say for Brittany and all the other MAGA freaks out there. According to you it's mean for me to judge Brittany for supporting a fascist nightmare but she's got the green light from you to vote the most anti-LGBTQ+ administration into the white house AGAIN?

i live in a red state, im trans, and gay, and im very liberal, but part of being liberal is respecting others and i have gotten good at knowing when to let someone go for their beliefs, and when to not. 

Im just saying respect people, you shouldnt be calling for someone to be shunned just because they support trump, some people arent as educated and even if they are they may not agree with everything trump stands for, and they may not even believe he is trying to do that.

I dont like trump supporters who trash lgbt people but not all trump supporters do, Im not sure if this woman does, but even then its taylors decision if she wants this woman in her life, maybe they have a boundary where they dont talk about politics or lgbt things, maybe this woman might be trying to open her views a little bit, who knows, but celebrities shouldnt be expected to only keep friends with people they agree with. 

have you ever interacted nicely with someone who could be or is a republican? do you think it meant you agree with them?

Edited by Dancing Shadow

Cameltoe Chariot
4 minutes ago, Dancing Shadow said:

i live in a red state, im trans, and gay, and im very liberal, but part of being liberal is respecting others and i have gotten good at knowing when to let someone go for their beliefs, and when to not. 

Im just saying respect people, you shouldnt be calling for someone to be shunned just because they support trump, some people arent as educated and even if they are they may not agree with everything trump stands for, and they may not even believe he is trying to do that.

But we're not talking about someone who is uneducated or experiencing poverty in a red state - we're talking about two white, blonde BILLIONAIRES, one of which is inarguably the most famous person on the planet.

Respectfully, you being gay, trans and living in a red state doesn't automatically make you some sort of expert on how to build bridges between the polar ends of politics. If anything I find your position on all of this alarming considering what your lived experience is. We're not talking about regular ol' conservatives here. Trump/MAGA is an extremist subset of conservative values that espouses power at any cost.

I won't tell you how to feel, because that is your right - but I'm telling you that you will gain nothing for defending ignorant billionaires who are broadcasting death cult manifest to the masses. Taylor is normalizing these very dangerous politics by associating with this idiot and she absolutely should be called out for that.

• Love 1

Dancing Shadow
4 minutes ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

But we're not talking about someone who is uneducated or experiencing poverty in a red state - we're talking about two white, blonde BILLIONAIRES, one of which is inarguably the most famous person on the planet.

Respectfully, you being gay, trans and living in a red state doesn't automatically make you some sort of expert on how to build bridges between the polar ends of politics.

i was trying to say that, yeah they have money, they are hella privilegded, but as far as tolerance goes, imo, it should go to every group and people shouldnt be cancelled for one of their friends. 

And also, I wasnt saying im an expert, but i was trying to let you know im not a republican because the way you wrote it seemed you assumed i was, maybe im wrong, but thats what my intention was with that