💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

music news

Kendrick Lamar to Headline 2025 Super Bowl

Teletubby

Featured Posts

FATCAT
23 minutes ago, Concertaholic said:

Okay so a lot of young people may know his music but I doubt most people over 40 could name even one song by him, I guarantee you my parent, grandparents, and all my aunts and uncles have never even heard of him.

sis don't disparage your family like this in public :brat:

Purr more, hiss less.
  • LMAO 10

andy232000
Just now, elijahfan said:

A rapper, a threat to LG7... am I missing something?

Hip hop is the biggest genre in apple music and the US. LG7 would be absolutely not safe anymore agaisnt a major rap release. The only reason it remains safe now is because both Gaga and Kendrick are from the same label and probably they wont have them compete against each other. 

• Like 2

smitherz
34 minutes ago, Starmie25 said:

Ain't they both on Interscope?

I believe he has his own label now (pgLang) and Interscope just does the publishing/licensing 

FATCAT
1 minute ago, RenegAde said:

Why? If you're talking about the allegations im pretty sure they've had other artist with much more damning(no pun intended) allegations and reputations perform. 

Most of gen-z and gen-a now regard Drake as a pedo, the optics won't improve for him in the next 10 years.

Purr more, hiss less.
  • Thanks 3

ImMatt

Genuinely excited for this one. Kendrick always puts on a SHOW. And that's what you need at the superbowl. Not someone who has a few hits...someone who can put on a PERFORMANCE :firega:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

FATCAT
13 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

He's going to need a few guests and a lot of LED lights to make this interesting to watch on a performance level.

Nah he's a great performer, he always puts on a show

Purr more, hiss less.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

South Blonde
11 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

A rapper, a threat to LG7... am I missing something?

His previous album debuted with almost 300k and he's probably gonna drop either a single or a full record around that time so...

Don't you think maybe they are the same thing? Love and attention?

Gangie
53 minutes ago, South Blonde said:

LG7 is not safe anymore :traumatica:

I don't think Interscope would release 2 of their Major Acts that close to each other so maybe Kendrick will be releasing just a single.

Edited by Gangie
If I like it, then that's what I get!

RenegAde
1 minute ago, FATCAT said:

Most of gen-z and gen-a now regard Drake as a pedo, the optics won't improve for him in the next 10 years.

Like i said, NFL doesnt care cuz they've had worst perform. And Drake's streams are still increasing so genz and gen-a who?

I don't like drake more than the next person but he is probably still going to achieve success and people overestimate the effects of that stupid beef and it always sends me. 

South Blonde
Just now, Gangie said:

I don't thing Interscope would release 2 of their Major Acts that close to each other so maybe Kendrick will be releasing just a single.

Anna oop, I forgot they were under the same label... well, don't mind me then :ororomunroe:

Don't you think maybe they are the same thing? Love and attention?

RAMROD

He got billions of streams, and he sold out solo shows. He is going to be alright, to those who think older folks won't recognize him. They might not know how he looks like, but they will recognize his music. At very least they know Humble. Unless they are very redneck.

At least Marvel know those statement is wrong, they won't hire him to be in charge of curating music for the first Black Panther music if he is't popular. And that was in 2018.

Edited by RAMROD
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

FATCAT
7 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

Like i said, NFL doesnt care cuz they've had worst perform. And Drake's streams are still increasing so genz and gen-a who?

I don't like drake more than the next person but he is probably still going to achieve success and people overestimate the effects of that stupid beef and it always sends me. 

I think you're underestimating it, but only time will tell

Purr more, hiss less.

RenegAde
9 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

Nah he's a great performer, he always puts on a show

This is an okay performance but In what world is this "a show"? He did the bare minimum. Part of being a male rapper is having this ultra cool persona that prevents them from actually putting on show.

Like I said he is going to need a few guests, a lot of visual effects, lights, fire balls and gimicks . 12 minutes of kendrick rapping his lyrics will be boring.

Catnikko
1 hour ago, Concertaholic said:

I’m sorry but Super Bowl performers typically have gp appeal, but I legitimately couldn’t name you one song by this guy and I think many other Americans couldn’t either.

a user of GGD is not a member of the 'GP' :air: 

Dance in the shadow of the meow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

RAMROD
1 hour ago, Concertaholic said:

I’m sorry but Super Bowl performers typically have gp appeal, but I legitimately couldn’t name you one song by this guy and I think many other Americans couldn’t either.

This is me saying respectfully that I feel like this is a more of a you problem instead of the whole Americans? :shrug:

And perhaps pull up your last fm and let's see how it is :cheeky:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 2