💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

opinion

TikTok Snippet Of The Lead Single

Creyk

Featured Posts

Creyk

As we all know, nowadays the way to promote your new song is to post a 20-30 second snippet of it on TikTok and hope that it catches on, thus creating anticipation for the full song. Do you think Gaga will engage in this promotional tactic for the lead single? If yes, we could be getting a long snippet as soon as in 2 weeks. However, the other question is that if she does go for it, when do you think the first post with the snippet will happen?

• Love 1

BloodyM

I think she will seeing that she has been active on TikTok! Maybe a week before release we'll get a snippet... I feel like if it's earlier it would kill the buzz

• Like 7

Red

She’s more of a “I’m going physically close to my fans and play them the snippet from my car” kinda gal

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 3
  • YAAAS 2

AnglerfishbraBENUS

it’s better for it to just come out and let tiktok make the trend organically tbh. i don’t think she needs to make people that aware of its release 

• YAAAS 1

Catnikko

It's Gaga, not lil naz X

she doesnt need to do that i don't think :messga:

Dance in the shadow of the meow

buzzkill

Will she announce the lead name on vmas? In a btw-esque type of way?

Real Panda

She didnt do that with Die With A Smile and it became a hit. I think multiple stars recently have the thought of lets make short 2 minute songs for replay value and TikTok but ended up flopping instead.

I dont want a snippet. I think like Die With A Smile which was confirmed and announced 1 day before, its better to not set an advance date for a song release and just release it ready with a music video. 

NATAH
4 minutes ago, Real Panda said:

She didnt do that with Die With A Smile and it became a hit. I think multiple stars recently have the thought of lets make short 2 minute songs for replay value and TikTok but ended up flopping instead.

I dont want a snippet. I think like Die With A Smile which was confirmed and announced 1 day before, its better to not set an advance date for a song release and just release it ready with a music video. 

lowkey she kinda did do that with DWAS by joining in the little trend that happened after the song came out

she did it with Bloody Mary too so i wouldn't be surprised if she get something similar with LG7

edit: oh yall meaning teasing a snippet, nevermind :madge:

Edited by NATAH
mother, what must i do?
  • Like 1

Creyk
2 minutes ago, Real Panda said:

There are many counter examples to that. For example, Kim Petras's Unholy had huge opening numbers because it went viral on TikTok. Charlie Puth's Light Switch was the same.

You are right she didn't do that with DWAS, and you saw how low the opening numbers were. Only 4.5M, when even Rain on Me opened with 7M. That is exactly what promotion is all about, building anticipation for your product.

southpaw773
16 minutes ago, Red said:

She’s more of a “I’m going physically close to my fans and play them the snippet from my car” kinda gal

Or over the PA system at her local Safeway 

Real Panda
Just now, NATAH said:

lowkey she kinda did do that with DWAS by joining in the little trend that happened after the song came out

she did it with Bloody Mary too so i wouldn't be surprised if she get something similar with LG7

You mean participating with TikTok trends? Then yes, Gaga can do it if she wants to. The original post is mentioning releasing a 20 second snippet in advance though.

Real Panda
8 minutes ago, Creyk said:

There are many counter examples to that. For example, Kim Petras's Unholy had huge opening numbers because it went viral on TikTok. Charlie Puth's Light Switch was the same.

You are right she didn't do that with DWAS, and you saw how low the opening numbers were. Only 4.5M, when even Rain on Me opened with 7M. That is exactly what promotion is all about, building anticipation for your product.

Maybe you are right, I guess I am thinking like a millenial because I am one and dont use TikTok as much.

• Shook 1

Stefanotta

Nah, TikTok snippets as introduction to a new song is for newer and not-so-famous artists, Gaga is oldschool and she will find her way 

'Cause we are all our hair...

rinasawachanta

Nah. I want her to release the song with the MV at the same time. Just like DWAS. No snippets please

Edited by rinasawachanta