celeb

Travis Scott's label reportedly sent a letter to Billboard and Luminate

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Vulture is reporting that representative from Cactus Jack Records, the label founded by Scott, sent a letter of complaint to Billboard and tabulation company Luminate, disputing the final chart.

The representative reportedly claimed that Billboard‘s methods were “unreliable and incomplete” and that they had missed “an extremely high volume of orders” from their counting that would have presumably increased ‘Days Before Rodeo”s chances of reaching Number One.

Cactus Jack representatives also reportedly claimed that a Luminate employee might have “a personal incentive” to want Carpenter to reach Number One, on account of his former employment at Island Records – Carpenter’s label. The letter insists that they were “not reaching out as management for an upset artist” but rather on behalf of the Cactus Jack label and store.

The letter also suggests Carpenter’s indie sales had been weighted more heavily than a normal album sale, even though Luminate stopped that practice at the beginning of 2024 to improve accuracy. 

A spokesperson for Luminate confirmed the company received a letter from a label disputing that week’s Billboard 200 and  responded saying that the company stands by the final chart: “We are confident that our numbers are correct in accordance with our processes and methodology.”

source source

Edited by Teletubby
i ❤️ @Julianlittlem
  • LMAO 7
  • YAAAS 1
  • Shook 1

bionic

Trump asked the Georgia governor to find some 'missing' votes. This is a similar INJUSTICE!!!!

buy bionic
  • LMAO 3
  • YAAAS 1

lastpopicon

how this man was allowed a comeback is beyond me, after the Astroworld tragedy I was hoping we'd never have to hear about him again :smh: 

The melody that you choose can rescue you
  • Thanks 7

hieronymus
26 minutes ago, lastpopicon said:

how this man was allowed a comeback is beyond me, after the Astroworld tragedy I was hoping we'd never have to hear about him again :smh: 

If it makes you feel better, it's technically not even a comeback. This is the physical rerelease of a decade-old mixtape. It's just the same murder-apologist straight men buying vinyls of music they already heard in 2014.

• Thanks 2

Flippy

He can stay pressed :cheeky::brat:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 2

River

the kid mero crying GIF by Desus & Mero

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

southpaw773
1 hour ago, bionic said:

Trump asked the Georgia governor to find some 'missing' votes. This is a similar INJUSTICE!!!!

They’re gonna storm the Capitol…. Records. 

• LMAO 5

bionic
9 minutes ago, southpaw773 said:

We are going to stop Congress from counting... Sabrina sales

buy bionic
  • LMAO 1

HelloHangoverz
19 minutes ago, southpaw773 said:

They'll not find anything in there that's for sure :laughga:

sometimes he saw his real face, and sometimes a stranger in his place
  • Like 1

NATAH

is it that deep? are you that insecure in your career? do you have no integrity as an artist to stand by your body of work, proud of what you've created regardless of whatever measures of success fall upon it? 

mother, what must i do?