💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

news

Lady Gaga Says She Hasn’t Smoked Marijuana ‘In Years’ After Living With Chronic Pain

Dtwmjb12

Featured Posts

Dtwmjb12

Lady Gaga is on a path to healing her chronic pain without the use of marijuana.

“When I went on the Chromatica Ball tour in 2022 that was the first time I’ve performed not in pain in … I don’t even remember,” the “Die With a Smile” singer, 38, said in an interview with Vogue published on Thursday, September 5.

Gaga noted that her now fiancé, Michael Polansky, whom she got engaged to in July, joined her for the tour and she did it all “pain-free.”

“I haven’t smoked pot in years. I’ve, like, changed. A lot,” the Joker: Folie à Deux actress reflected. “I feel like this new album, in a lot of ways, is about that time but from a place of happiness instead of misery. And now, Michael and I are really excited to organize our lives — and our marriage — around our creative output as a couple.”

At the start of Gaga’s career, she had to cancel a portion of her 2013 Born This Way tour after she broke her hip and briefly mentioned she suffered from chronic pain. Years later, Gaga gave fans an inside look at her struggles in the 2017 Netflix documentary Gaga: Five Foot Two.

Gaga later revealed that she suffered from fibromyalgia, which is a disorder characterized by widespread musculoskeletal pain accompanied by fatigue, sleep, memory and mood issues, per the Mayo Clinic. According to Medical News Today, evidence suggests that marijuana can help with the symptoms of pain, including fibromyalgia.

In her recent chat with Vogue, Gaga did not reveal how her pain subsided or if she continues to suffer from fibromyalgia.

In 2018, Gaga’s condition worsened which caused her to cancel the last ten shows of the Joanne World Tour.

“I’m so devastated I don’t know how to describe it,” she tweeted in February 2018. “All I know is that if I don’t do this, I am not standing by the words or meaning of my music. My medical team is supporting the decision for me to recover at home.”

Gaga promised fans in London, Manchester, Zurich, Cologne, Stockholm, Copenhagen, Paris and Berlin that she would return to perform for them.

“I promise I will be back in your city,” she continued. “But for now I need to put myself and my well-being first. I love you, forever.”

Later that year, Gaga expressed her frustrations with people who questioned her ailment.

“I get so irritated with people who don’t believe fibromyalgia is real,” she said in a September 2018 interview with Vogue. “People need to be more compassionate. Chronic pain is no joke. And it’s every day waking up not knowing how you’re going to feel.”

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/lady-Gaga-hasnt-smoked-pot-in-years-after-living-with-chronic-pain/

The Internet is a toilet
  • Love 36
  • Shook 1

Red

Her not having pain has nothing to do with stopping smoking weed :huh: In fact, cannabis is used to treat chronic pain :huh:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • Like 1

Mathjus
6 minutes ago, Dtwmjb12 said:

“I feel like this new album, in a lot of ways, is about that time but from a place of happiness instead of misery. And now, Michael and I are really excited to organize our lives — and our marriage — around our creative output as a couple.”

Secret Project- she composed her wedding song :firega:

• Love 1

bionic
1 minute ago, Red said:

Her not having pain has nothing to do with stopping smoking weed :huh: In fact, cannabis is used to treat chronic pain :huh:

So are a lot of other things which aren't controlled substances

buy bionic
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sarah H
2 minutes ago, Red said:

I took it to mean she doesn't need/want to smoke it to help her pain anymore. 

Edited by Sarah H
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 7

Red
Just now, bionic said:

So are a lot of other things which aren't controlled substances

I’m just criticizing the way the headline implies that she stopped smoking and then got pain free as if this was the reason she is pain free now

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 8

Edonis
1 minute ago, Sarah H said:

I took it to mean she doesn't need/want to smoke it to help her pain anymore. 

That's what I got out of it too. It seems like she's been able to manage her pain a lot better now than a few years ago. 

• Like 5

Westerosi

I suffer with fibromyalgia and used cannabis to treat symptoms for years.

Of course, it helps in the short-term. But fibro is such a complex illness, that high doses of THC and CBD only mask the symptoms. Eventually, if you stop smoking, they get worse and come back instantly with a vengeance. 

I've been thinking all day about returning to cannabis to help with the chronic pain I've been sat in for weeks. It's now at a point where I can barely move. 

Seeing this headline has inspired me to continue on the road to recovery without the use of smoking weed.

BTW - I'm not criticizing anyone who chooses to smoke it. I smoked 32 joints a day for 7 months before quitting in February. It's a learning curve navigating daily life in chronic pain without it, but I'm so happy for Gaga and Michael and truly inspired by the healing power of love.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
  • Like 2
  • Love 9

DopeEnigma

I’m just glad she’s feeling better and isn’t in pain or at least not as much. Seeing her suffer in 5 foot 2 was a hard watch. 

Edited by DopeEnigma

Reject False Icons

That means Mary Jane Holland won’t come back? :fatcat:

• Like 1
  • LMAO 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

TMM90
13 minutes ago, Westerosi said:

Of course, it helps in the short-term. But fibro is such a complex illness, that high doses of THC and CBD only mask the symptoms. Eventually, if you stop smoking, they get worse and come back instantly with a vengeance. 

I've been thinking all day about returning to cannabis to help with the chronic pain I've been sat in for weeks. It's now at a point where I can barely move. 

Seeing this headline has inspired me to continue on the road to recovery without the use of smoking weed.

BTW - I'm not criticizing anyone who chooses to smoke it. I smoked 32 joints a day for 7 months before quitting in February. It's a learning curve navigating daily life in chronic pain without it, but I'm so happy for Gaga and Michael and truly inspired by the healing power of love.

What is your secret? I relapsed after 5 weeks (no chronic illness tough).

nightadieu
21 minutes ago, Westerosi said:

sending much love ❤️

Bolkins

I’ve been a habitual weed smoker for most of my adult life and quitting it this year has been one of the best decisions I’ve made. I never used it to treat pain I just loved being stoned, but to be happy in life without it feels freeing in a way 

Not the bore worms!
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 2