Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
opinion

“Surprise Project” = Original LG7?

OMonster

Featured Posts

Red

Gaga's secret project is to DRIVE US INSANE AND KILL US ALL :nooo:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • LMAO 3

Anderson123

I think the picture in the studio with the purple lighting, Prince mention and musician with a sax or that instrument is related to the special project. Could be an opera album or something more mature. I thought that was LG7 direction til we listened to the snippets.

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

Nessun Dorma
2 hours ago, OMonster said:

Album 2: what was originally going to be LG7 and has since been referred to as a “Project” – some kind of stripped back piano or original jazz album that has no dance music whatsoever. 

I don’t think there is “an original LG7” but if a piano or jazz album is on the table I’ll gladly receive it! :giveup:

• Love 1

nath4gaga2
42 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

I think the picture in the studio with the purple lighting, Prince mention and musician with a sax or that instrument is related to the special project. Could be an opera album or something more mature. I thought that was LG7 direction til we listened to the snippets.

Babe it ain't gonna be opera let's be real :trollga:

Maybe a classical instrumental album though. 

• Sad 1

Sneaky Oliver

When I read the interview, I got the impression that the secret project is related to LG7, like a visual album or something. I think she meant she wasn’t working on any new music post Chromatica and then Michael told her to give it a shot again so LG7 was born 

In the land of gods and monsters, I was an angel living in the Garden Of Eden
  • Like 2

ARTPOPKISS

Would prolly be a jazzga project

dream dancing in the shadow of moon cheek to cheek when :firega:

F@ggotry at its finest
  • Like 1

LadyLuca

i thought the special project was die with a smile…if its not my gut says its giving Act 2 , Venus music video, chromtica tv treatment.

anyways. thinking bout abracadrabra all the time. cant wait

Versace

Surprise project to me means an entire body of work. It could be music or visuals. Maybe a movie/film associated with LG7 that’s my bet, similar to what Halsey did with IICHLIWP. Otherwise it’s a solo acoustic/piano/jazz side album or a collab album with some artist/producer. 

LIKELADYAGAGA

One thing to note is that Vogue is promoting this special project not just in their article, but also on their social media channels. It seems Gaga really wants the public to know there's something else coming.

So I feel like this is something kinda major. My bet is that it's a soundtrack for a movie, but my hope is that it's an album of ballads. 

• Like 2

pussycat

I think we really have to let go of this ‘original version’ obsession. LG7 isn’t even out, yet there’s a ‘original LG7’ already. Its so tiring, and its always the same conversation. There is always ‘someone’ that ‘reroutes’ Gaga’s ideas, which results in a ‘different outcome’. Enjoy Gaga’s work the way she puts it out. It must be annoying as an artist always hearing fans obsess over some ‘original idea’ for an album, video, whatever you once had but departed from. It’s Gaga - she fully dictates the way she wants her carreer to go. No one can tell her shiit. The way she puts it out is the way she wants it to be put out. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

OMonster
2 hours ago, pussycat said:

I think we really have to let go of this ‘original version’ obsession. LG7 isn’t even out, yet there’s a ‘original LG7’ already. Its so tiring, and its always the same conversation. There is always ‘someone’ that ‘reroutes’ Gaga’s ideas, which results in a ‘different outcome’. Enjoy Gaga’s work the way she puts it out. It must be annoying as an artist always hearing fans obsess over some ‘original idea’ for an album, video, whatever you once had but departed from. It’s Gaga - she fully dictates the way she wants her carreer to go. No one can tell her shiit. The way she puts it out is the way she wants it to be put out. 

I'm not trying to be negative or pining for something that wasn't. I'm fascinated by her creative process and find it interesting to imagine that she might've considered producing a very different album to whatever LG7 is. I personally would much prefer a full pop album to a ballad album, so me suggesting that there might be a body of work that predates LG7 isn't to discredit what LG7 is likely to be. 

subtext / fantasy
  • Like 1

Jack3257

It is heavily speculated that A Star is Born is being adapted for the stage.  I could see Gaga be writing/recording new songs for that!

• Like 1

ARTPOPistah
3 minutes ago, Jack3257 said:

It is heavily speculated that A Star is Born is being adapted for the stage.  I could see Gaga be writing/recording new songs for that!

Omg hope that's not what the special project Is about.

Spoiler: that's why It is:huntyga: