news

Lady Gaga wrote a new song for Joker Folie à Deux

Real Panda

Featured Posts

HEARTSTOP
2 hours ago, Real Panda said:

Does that mean music without lyrics? Some songs used for Waltz have lyrics like Jazz songs or ballads.

Technically Die With a Smile is a waltz too, for example.

Edited by HEARTSTOP
IDGAF

Real Panda
4 minutes ago, HEARTSTOP said:

Technically Die With a Smile is a waltz too, for example.

Yes, thank you.

Edonis

it sounds like, from this interview, that this is a classical piece of music. Maybe there's lyrics (if someone's gone, let us know), but I wouldn't be shocked if it's just an instrumental piece that serves as a theme for the movie. 

• Like 2

Fck I luv Art

Gaga already composed for the "Top Gun" soundtrack so it doesn't surprise me at all,  but now she will receive the credit she deserves for this waltz :ally:

Baguette, Croissant and LG7 !! 👽👹🖤
  • Thanks 1

MDevacelli
30 minutes ago, Edonis said:

it sounds like, from this interview, that this is a classical piece of music. Maybe there's lyrics (if someone's gone, let us know), but I wouldn't be shocked if it's just an instrumental piece that serves as a theme for the movie. 

Hey @Ophelia, any insights?

Babylon Dynasty

oh she'll feed us so well the months/year to come :firega:

Strike a pose ❤🧡💛💚💙💜🤎🖤🤍💖

Ophelia
1 hour ago, MDevacelli said:

Hey @Ophelia, any insights?

I don’t recall any specific instrumental piece that wouldn’t sound like the standard Hildur-style OST; even the original theme from Joker 1 was used in some moments.

I also don’t think there were any songs with lyrics that weren’t covers. 

Weird :saladga:

...has anybody seen my disco stick?
  • Like 1
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 1

Noir

I thought we were getting 2 original songs and lots of covers

• Like 1

Schwerk
45 minutes ago, Ophelia said:

I don’t recall any specific instrumental piece that wouldn’t sound like the standard Hildur-style OST; even the original theme from Joker 1 was used in some moments.

I would assume it's an instrumental playing during them dancing the walz like they show in the trailers? But I haven't seen the film, so I dunno how big that scene really is. Maybe it sounds like Hildur because Gaga wanted it to fit in with the rest of the score of the movie?

This is very intriguing 🤔 

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

dit

guys i just noticed there wont be any full songs. the first Joker soundtrack only used the actual audio from the film and the length of the songs unlike ASIB where even if a song waso nly included for a couple secondsi n the movie they still created a fully fleshed song in the soundtrack :( 

A Very Gaga Holida
6 minutes ago, dit said:

guys i just noticed there wont be any full songs. the first Joker soundtrack only used the actual audio from the film and the length of the songs unlike ASIB where even if a song waso nly included for a couple secondsi n the movie they still created a fully fleshed song in the soundtrack :( 

Maybe it will be different, who knows, Gaga’s got her hands on this one

• Like 1

Nessun Dorma
6 hours ago, 4BLAiNE said:

I think by waltz she’s referring to the time signature of the song. Should still have vocals, it’s just a 1 2 3, 1 2 3 - as opposed to a pop 4 count. Similar to Die with a Smile.

I understood the opposite lol since she was specifically referring to a waltz, I got the feeling she wanted to emphasize the time signature and the fact it will be a piano-only piece or - even better - a waltz for orchestra!

find your freedom in the music

Nessun Dorma
2 hours ago, Ophelia said:

Now this is confusing. Where did the waltz go?! :oprah:

find your freedom in the music