question

Anyone like soul music?

JoeCool

Featured Posts

JoeCool

That and funk are some of my favorite genres of music to listen too.  Michael MacDonald, The Whispers, Teena Marie, Alexander O'Neal, George Benson and Rick James are some favorites.

The Groove is one of my favorite stations on Sirius XM.  

This was a good one I heard on that station today.  It's kind of X rated in a way the song.  lol.  But this singer was so smooth you wouldn't realize it.  Just great music.  

Edited by JoeCool
  • Love 1

TheSine

Finally, some like minded individuals here! I love Teena Marie and Rick James as well. Have you listened to Teena Marie's first album? This song with Rick James is insane. I'm startkng to think anything in 1979 was peak.

"👁 Hate U" 💜🩷🩵
  • Like 1

Ronk

Sure.  My favorite soul artists are Aretha Franklin, James Brown, Marvin Gaye, Otis Redding, Ray Charles, Tina Turner, The Spinners, to name just a few.

I live outside the space time continuum.
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, TheSine said:

Finally, some like minded individuals here! I love Teena Marie and Rick James as well. Have you listened to Teena Marie's first album? This song with Rick James is insane. I'm startkng to think anything in 1979 was peak.

I've definitely heard this song.  

I might have.  I'm not good with the names of her albums.  Was Square Biz on her first album?