Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner

Lady Gaga Twitter Thread

Sam

Featured Posts

3q425253qwewq

Drop the tebow thing, you're not gonna get anywhere. Yes, we can clearly see who is butthurt here; yes, it sucks that she gave a compliment to a homophobe? or whatever the claims are because he worked with Focus-On-The-Family which is 100% homophobic (Hates gays would be more appropriate) but, whatever, she can compliment someone on their performance all she wants. His performance has NOTHING to do with his personal life/views; I'm sure she has a better knowledge of him than you think - the reason she mentioned him (I'm sure) is because he's been a high profile character lately, she knows that, Gaga does her research constantly. It was a way to both silently promote herself in a subtle way, and mention someone else currently popular *aka famous* - that's apart of the art of fame, but BLEH whatever, Gaga can do what she wants, and you all can continue to be upset about it. He might not like gays, (I'M GAY) but I think his winning streak WAS AAAAAMAZING. I can be open minded enough to still like someone even if they may not like me, it's called love + it's what Gaga preaches. Learn to speak it 2.

Just because someone doesn't hold the same beliefs as you doesn't mean you can't pay them a compliment. Seriously people, get over yourselves. I am totes gay and a Christian, even though the Christian faith/my experience with it has broken some parts of me to the point where they cannot be fixed, i STILL appreciate the works of theologians from around the world. Tebow is very rooted in his beliefs just like GaGa and even ourselves are. We cannot discriminate against someone because of a personal belief. we can disagree all we want, but to say GaGa is not allowed to pay a VERY talented football player a compliment is 110% bull****. Final thought: get to know someone before you discriminate. sometimes all it takes is a book to understand where someone is coming from. GET OVER YOURSELVES.

Get to know Focus On The Family, before you call what we are doing discrimination.

3q425253qwewq

Get to know Focus On The Family, before you call what we are doing discrimination.

DUDE< he worked with them, TEBOW ISNT FOCUS ON THE FAMILY HIMSELF< you need to differentiate, you've been harping on this subject (RELIGIOUSLY) for the past 2 days. It's a football game, the dude scored, gaga praised him. Plz just move on man.

Edited by LalaGaga333

I didn't say GaGa was defending him, if you can't read my posts then I suppose there is no hope for an intelligent conversation.

i can read perfectly fine.sorry for one misunderstanding. i just don't understand why you keep pulling tebow's religious and personal beliefs into this when all gaga was doing was complimenting him on his football skills. you have a right to be pissed and you have a right to your opinion. i just think you're overreacting.

gagaforgaga2010

i know Focus on the Family. my mom hangs on their every word. hence why i cannot come out. i am saying that they have the RIGHT to say what they want. Otherwise, we are going to have a society that is completely censored. a part of democracy is debate and the clashing of ideas. it's essential to a flourishing and changing society.

3q425253qwewq

Yes, To Skank, FOCUS on the FAMILY is responsible in part for the reason why religious people are taking away your (our) rights, but Tebow isnt the one leading a campaign to stop you from getting married, or being recognized equally - he just worked with them, and yes, while be may espouse their same beliefs, he isnt the company/group in question. He's just a religious pawn for the media to criticize and the church to use as an example of persecution. Nothing more + nothing less. You're mad at the wrong person.

Edited by LalaGaga333

Saying that Gaga can't compliment on his football skills cause he's a Christian and all the Focus on the Family stuff is like saying that I can't shake someones hand from the opposing team at the end of a netball game because they're Muslim and they have different beliefs than I do.

I get why everyone is kinda upset that she commented on it but I really hate it when people bring personal beliefs into topics like this. Whether or not Gaga is aware of the things he's doing, that doesn't give a reason to bash her cause she complimented on his sporting skills.

Gaga saying that he's a good player doesn't mean she's saying that she supports and lives by his beliefs.

giskardsb

I get why people would not appreciate her saying anything good about someone with Tebows beliefs. Focus on the Family is a bunch of nuts. But the worse thing would be for her to feel she has to send all her twitter comments through a publicist first to make sure she doesn't say anything that can be taken in a wrong way.

Question, what if this was the other way around, and Tebow tweeted he loved a Gaga performance?

Would that make him a hypocrite?

Or is he allowed to like her music or performances regardless of her message? (Just like dozens of people, even in this forum have exactly said "noone is forced to believe or live with Gaga's message, but you can like her music", well guess what "Noone is forced to believe or live with Tebow's message, but you can like his football skills")

DarlingLeather

I did my hair today as well!

About the Tebow thing, no matter ones beliefs, it's always best to be your loving self and give love, even if it so happens that the one that you are "giving" to is closed-minded...they just might remember those on opposite sides of opinion that did show love, unconditionally and without judgement, to themselves. Love changes things.

x