Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
movie

Critics Reviews । Joker: Folie à Deux

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

It seems that Gaga being a supporting actor instead of a lead caught some critics off guard.

Anyways, I hope we get something like the director’s cut of Napoleon: 48 minutes of extra footage focusing on Josephine’s life. Maybe that way she can campaign for best supporting while Harley’s backstory can be told later on.

JoanneMonster

Some of you are SO negative. Literally 3 people have seen the movie, you need to calm down. Everyone saying all her chances at any awards are gone and that you want the next movie to be this and that, AND THE MOVIE IS NOT EVEN OUT. Like you read some bad reviews and you think its the end of the world. The movie is gonna do HUGE numbers at the box office regardless of anything. I swear some of you just come here to spread hate and unbased opinions, and in this case, on something you havent even watched.

I See You
  • Like 24
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

LilyLark

Also...I'm kind of wondering if critics are letting their anger (subconsciously) at Joaquin about the Todd Haynes **** impact their take of him in Joker 2. Because it's sort of hard to believe that he gave a mid performance...

• Like 2

LordByron28
9 minutes ago, Gagaism said:

But the movie was praised as a whole and even got several academy awards including best picture, that’s a whole lot difference. 

edit: I’m not trying to be negative but that’s how it works. When you have a good production that carries a movie in his totality chances are high to get the noms and awards. It’s a whole system and campaign that works all together.

Is this year a highly competitive year? From what I remember this year has been pretty light in terms of noteworthy films due to the writer’s strike. Wolverine vs Deadpool, Inside Out 2, It Ends With Us, and A Quiet Place have been the only noteworthy films(correct me if I’m wrong). With Beetlejuice 2 also having some interest. Most of these don’t directly compete with Joker 2 categories for awards and most of those films are not usually the type to garner critical acclaim from award shows.

chromaticainmyhead

Given Gaga has always a STRONG awards season campaign going she'll be up for some nominations at least

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay
  • Thanks 1

LordByron28
Just now, chromaticainmyhead said:

Given Gaga has always a STRONG awards season campaign going she'll be up for some nominations at least

And unless I’m mistaken competition is really weak this year due to the writers strike. 

• Like 2

chromaticainmyhead
1 minute ago, LordByron28 said:

And unless I’m mistaken competition is really weak this year due to the writers strike. 

Let's pray.. I feel like the new Lanthimos movie will be heavily nominated again, other than that I'm not sure

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

ModernEcstasy

speaking theoretically, if this movie “flops” what could happen going forward for Gaga’s acting career?

Will she be offered less/ smaller roles? (Not being over dramatic. Just wondering if this will affect her)

andy232000

Anne Hathaway won an Oscar for her 15min in Lea Miserable. Even if Gaga’s screen time is shorter that expected, she probably still qualifies for the category

Vernie89
10 minutes ago, JoanneMonster said:

Some of you are SO negative. Literally 3 people have seen the movie, you need to calm down. Everyone saying all her chances at any awards are gone and that you want the next movie to be this and that, AND THE MOVIE IS NOT EVEN OUT. Like you read some bad reviews and you think its the end of the world. The movie is gonna do HUGE numbers at the box office regardless of anything. I swear some of you just come here to spread hate and unbased opinions, and in this case, on something you havent even watched.

Agree, critics were hot and cold for the first movie. I will wait to see the film before I pass any judgement. 

Siena

We need to chill y’all. The first film had incredibly mixed reviews and look how that turned out. While it’s easy to freak out now, let’s just sit back and wait until it’s out to see the public’s opinions. I’m hyped either way :vegas:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4SeasonsInADay
5 minutes ago, LordByron28 said:

Is this year a highly competitive year?

Said to be kinda light, which does make it competitive since its such an open field. A lot of the award contenders have yet to hit the theaters/streaming. Makes it hard to tell how things will play out. Angelina Jolie just jumped to the presumptive favourite in lead actress after 'Maria' debuted.

That film was picked up by Netflix which already has 'Emilia Pérez' and 'The Piano Lesson' that has candidates for Lead and Supporting Actress. Which plays into the political nature that can happen with nominations and voting.  One studio trying to campaign for 3 or more movies, can't treat them all equally. 

Jase

The absolute must for me was we needed praise for her acting and we seem to be getting that. I'm happy! I was never expecting glowing reviews across the board. The first movie was controversial and divided opinion and this was always going to follow suit; especially given the musical aspect.

• Like 5
  • Love 3