'DWAS' MUSIC VIDEO OUT NOW
Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Chappell Roan responds to backlash regarding her fan interactions and privacy vids

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

RadioIsOurs

Agree, but I do think that parasocial celebrity-fan relationships are not a women exclusive issue. One look at cases like Justin Bieber and Kpop and you'd really see the worst of that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

HelloHangoverz

i love gen z's whole deconstruction of the parasocial relationship, i just find it fascinating. and it's right, of course

sometimes he saw his real face, and sometimes a stranger in his place
  • YAAAS 1

allanrocks

I wish Britney stood up for herself like this in the early years of her career. She would be in a much better place today I guess

58 minutes ago, NibbCub said:

I get what she's saying but she comes across as annoying as hell. Something about her attitude.

Can you elaborate on which statements exactly are annoying as hell? It all seems fair. It’s so messed up that fans of hers (like I assume you might be?) build her up and then wanna break her down when she has a human response to how quickly her life has changed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

30 minutes ago, RadioIsOurs said:

Agree, but I do think that parasocial celebrity-fan relationships are not a women exclusive issue. One look at cases like Justin Bieber and Kpop and you'd really see the worst of that.

I don’t think she said anywhere that men can’t experience this. She’s a woman, and there is, in general, a specific way women are treated in this situation. She never minimized anyone else’s experience, she was and is ALLOWED to talk about her own. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, weed said:

I mean props to her for setting boundaries and that's great and all but if you reach more fame, you will receive more attention when you're in public. That's what will happen, regardless of what you want... Yes it would be great if you could be left alone, I'm sure a majority of famous people would agree. 

The reaching out to her friends and family, I find that out of line and should stop. Weird and creepy and you achieve nothing but making people's lives worse. 

Unwanted touching and following is ALSO out of line. She’s calling it out in an effort to change it despite how ingrained this bad behavior is in our culture. You are excusing and not challenging this culture because you’ve resigned to believe it will always be this way and is a price of fame people deserve. Change CAN happen, but not when ideas like yours perpetuate and don’t think or creative, long term, long form solutions. Chappell is laying groundwork for the conversation and you’re basically saying it will never change. I heard your tone girl. 

Edited by stvn
  • Like 1

RichAssPiss

Celebrity culture is normalized abuse. I'm happy she and Doha Cat are drawing lines and changing the expectations that artists need to pander to fans. An artist makes art. They don't owe you a personal interaction. Love the art. Leave them alone. 

• Like 4

MessyTop

“When I’m in drag”…. Girl… you are not. lol maybe wanna be drag. Bye 

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Sad 4

Gohan

Why she* is making this about being a woman lmao. Men don't/can't get harassed too? This girl needs to invest on good security and therapy because obviously she's not ready for the US success she's experiencing atm :billie:

Edited by Gohan
*she/they/them Idk
tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

MessyTop
3 minutes ago, Gohan said:

Why is making this about being a woman lmao. Men don't/can't get harassed too? This girl needs to invest on good security and therapy because obviously she's not ready for the US success she's experiencing atm :billie:

Don’t you worry, her career is done. She’s miss handling this so wrong. I get her point I do, but she’s coming across to dumb 

Edited by MessyTop
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Shook 2

Flippy

Cardi B Popcorn GIF

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22
  • LMAO 1

NibbCub
16 minutes ago, stvn said:

Can you elaborate on which statements exactly are annoying as hell? It all seems fair. It’s so messed up that fans of hers (like I assume you might be?) build her up and then wanna break her down when she has a human response to how quickly her life has changed. 

She just comes across as patronizing at times. I think maybe she just tries too hard. I really think she's having a hard time reconciling her real self and what she's created to sell records. That's the best way I can explain it. She just gets on my nerves. I'm open to changing my mind though.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

MessyTop
2 minutes ago, NibbCub said:

She just comes across as patronizing at times. I think maybe she just tries too hard. I really think she's having a hard time reconciling her real self and what she's created to sell records. That's the best way I can explain it. She just gets on my nerves. I'm open to changing my mind though.

This! She’s gonna have no career, she’s seems so disconnected of reality. Bye girl. She ain’t that THAT

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Didymus

She explained this amazingly and correctly. The comparison to the famous skirt "argument" was brilliant and her asking "why is a woman expressing her feelings making you angry" gave me chills. The fact that it feels jarring to see this proves how unacceptable it is for a woman to claim space to set boundaries when she, superficially speaking, should be happy where she is.

And ofc even here people are like "but what about the men?" :rip: Men need to do their own work to come to terms with and change patriarchal culture which, yes, they are also victims of. Demanding women to change the way they talk about fear and boundaries is not helping. This is long overdue work that we as a society have to find a way to cultivate, even if it is uncomfortable and messy sometimes.

• LMAO 1
  • Thanks 3

MessyTop
1 minute ago, Didymus said:

She explained this amazingly and correctly. The comparison to the famous skirt "argument" was brilliant and her asking "why is a woman expressing her feelings making you angry" gave me chills. The fact that it feels jarring to see this proves how unacceptable it is for a woman to claim space to set boundaries when she, superficially speaking, should be happy where she is.

And ofc even here people are like "but what about the men?" :rip: Men need to do their own work to come to terms with and change patriarchal culture which, yes, they are also victims of. Demanding women to change the way they talk about fear and boundaries is not helping. This is long overdue work that we as a society have to find a way to cultivate, even if it is uncomfortable and messy sometimes.

She’s nothing without men buying her crappy music 

• LMAO 1
  • Sad 2